The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

+26
MBTGOG
Dave.
Breadvan
Mrs Penfro
Cari
WillyGilly
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mickado
eirebilly
perthshirepuma
Ozzy3213
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
Glas a du
red_stag
prop_lyd
Luckless Pedestrian
MrsP
PenfroPete
Rava
Pal Joey
Notch
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
30 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured to Cross Keys, as their team is in the British and Irish Cup Final.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Richie McCaw, George Smith, Robert Nash,Billy Holland, John Muller, Greg Laidlaw, Aurelien Rougerie, Leo Cullen, Rhys Thomas and Iestyn Thomas.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28083p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-edinburgh#1168404

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Thomond Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:16 pm

It is Lucky, there was a plan to post it any time I was in here early and it's the first time it's happened in a while.

Seeing as Biltong hasn't been in her for the song of the day, I'm going to pick an incredibly unpopular one, probably NSFW if you don't have headphones!:
Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm going to have to wait for a while before I listen to that, but it's an Outkast song I haven't heard before so I'm intrigued...

Matt le Blanc is being interviewed on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Radio 2 as we speak. What are the odds?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I didn't know that........

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:39 pm

If anybody thinks Priestland is international class, let a alone Lion material, have a look at Ryan's try against the Scarlets. That cost us the game. He's a pansy cat flap.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:40 pm

There must be a drag 'artist' somewhere called Pansy Catflap.

Probably in Cork.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Rhys Thomas has retired. Expected of course, but still sad. Quite a sad read on this article about him being afraid he'd die before he saw his children again. Be advised if you are going to read it, the Argus has a tendency to play ridiculously loud adverts.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/9674068.Former_Dragon_Thomas_retires_after_near_fatal_heart_attack/p

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Morning all. I hope the weather doesn't ruin the rugby this weekend, especially in the lower leagues where a number of issues are to be decided.

Right, I just want to get through this working day.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Right, tshirt design is finished. BOOM...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:01 pm

have added Rhys T to the wall. Knew this news was coming but it still makes me very Crying or Very sad

That's the Scarlets' first choice props gone in one season. We really need to find some money from somehwere to buy some new ones in.

And morning all, bore da - happy Friday! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Mickado wrote:Right, tshirt design is finished. BOOM...

Interesting!
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Sad news about Iestyn Thomas, too.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 pm

As a slight counter to the sad news about Rhys and Iestyn Thomas, Budgie will not be hanging up his boots at the end of the season and will appear once again in Chiefs colours next season (aged 40)! He will be wider than 2 front rows by then

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm making a come back when I'm 40. Just thought I'd let you know.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

To paraphrase Ron "Badger Watching" Davies - "Good morning, and it is a very good morning in Wales " Very Happy

Last day at my present workplace before I rejoin the army of "IT Rent Boy Contractor Scum" on Tuesday Yahoo
(You see, Gibbo and I are brothers in arms, although he's more "Chelsea Pensioner" these days Wink )
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 pm

RIGHT! I am Flip annoyed. I couldn't give a Poopie about any jubilee, I'm not a monarchist, but when lazy Journalists take 60 out of 2012 and say the Queen was crowned in 1952 it makes me angry. They are paid to get little things like historical detail right (which includes checking if you don't know the answer). The culprits? 'Today' on Radio 4 and Michael Crick! If their brows were any higher they'd be all head!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 pm

You used to be able to rely on the BBC for facts.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm confused, 2012-60 is 1952????
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 pm

She wasn't crowned until 1953 though Hughie, I think that's right anyways.

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Yes Huggy - her Coronation was in 1953, but she became Queen when her father died in 1952 OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Good info here

CLERMONT coach Vern Cotter insists his side have the "weapons" to beat Leinster in Sunday's Heineken Cup semi-final clash in Bordeaux.
"It is not by chance that Leinster are playing their fourth consecutive European semi-final. They approach those games with more confidence than us," said Cotter. "However, we must be confident, too. We have our weapons in the way we play."
Clermont centre Wesley Fofana, a breakthrough success during France's disappointing Six Nations campaign, has declared that he can be his side's secret weapon on Sunday.
Fofana scored four tries in four stunning Six Nations outings, including one against Ireland, when Brian O'Driscoll, his direct marker this weekend, was injured.
"Leinster are a great team, but there are always places to attack them and we work hard to find faults," said Fofana.
Leinster name their side today, and coach Joe Schmidt has a key decision in the back-row, where Kevin McLaughlin and Dominic Ryan have impressed recently but may lose out to the experience of Shane Jennings.
Ulster also name their side today to face Edinburgh in tomorrow's other semi-final in Lansdowne Road, where Paddy Jackson is pushing hard for a first Heineken Cup start at the expense of Ian Humphreys.
Chris Henry has been struggling with a leg injury and is not expected to be named, with Willie Faloon set to start at openside. Declan Fitzpatrick, at tight-head for the suspended John Afoa, could be the third change to the team.
Meanwhile, the ERC have confirmed that Wasps will qualify for next season's Heineken Cup if an Irish team does not win the title -- provided they retain their English Premiership status.
If Ulster or Leinster win, Connacht will qualify for the second year in a row.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Fofana vs D'Arcy - oh dear

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Morning all. Sore and tired.com, I played a whole game of netball at centre last night. I'll find out about the interview later today with any luck, but I'm feeling a little pessimistic.

But at least there's plenty of good rugby to watch this weekend.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Is BOD back up to scratch yet for this SF? I've been really underwhelmed by what I've seen from him since his return.

Kiwi - hope it's good news for you later OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Just seen pictures from the metro newspaper in Dublin this morning. Gave me goose bumps

STORM WARNING!!!

love it
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 pm

He's a big game player, just like Henson.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Fofana vs D'Arcy - oh dear

For that to be a worry ASM will need to have the ball and run at him. Not going to happen

LEINSTER TO WIN BY 50!!!!!!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Well, you can tell the nerves have got to Hughie, he's displaying almost Scarlets fans proportions of delusion, bless Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Ah but with Leinster its actually possible dreamer
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Wagga's gonna get you, Hoog

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Very Happy

Not against ASM I wouldn't say.

Will be 7ish points in it either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:25 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Is BOD back up to scratch yet for this SF? I've been really underwhelmed by what I've seen from him since his return.

I think hes been getting better by the game, still looks like hes playing within himself.

He did ok at Ravenhill on friday made one good break and a good turnover but made at least one handling error. Generally look quite fit but this will be a big step up.

Fofana is the most overrated player around, D'arcy will take him to school.

Leinster by 12.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Hmm well will be interesting to see if he can cope with the pace of Fofana and the physicality of Rougerie. Usually wouldn't doubt him, but he just doesn't look back to his usual self to me.

Glas is right though (not with the Henson comparison!), he's deffo a big game player, so I expect he'll make the step up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Wagga's gonna get you, Hoog

In Hines sight Leinster should never have left Nathan leave
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Hoog wrote:Just seen pictures from the metro newspaper in Dublin this morning. Gave me goose bumps

STORM WARNING!!!

love it

Fuggin epic. I picked one up this morning. Love it.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Badfinger on Radio 2. Nice!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 pm

A couple of things I’ve heard discussed on podcasts, or read in the papers this week.

Leinster’s lineout has been ineffective lately, they’ve been calling really simple moves, back middle or front, however in the open training session it was noted that the lineouts they were practicing were FAR from simple. Perhaps they’ve a completely new set of calls (so Wagga will be none the wiser) and they’re about to unleash them this week.

Our defensive line has been flat in our last number of games. This is unusual as we normally use a shooter from midfield or the back row. Maybe giving the ASM video analysts something to second guess?

Against Cardiff the perception was that we took our foot off the gas, but the flipside is why would we run through our playbook and give our next opponents something to work on. powder is dry lads. Our powder is dry.

On an unrelated subject, did anyone see the try the Highlanders scored at the weekend, a replica of BOD’s v Cardiff… OK

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Can't wait to see the Tee Bikkies!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys - Page 3 3933776953

Excited!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 pm

For your viewing PLEASURE (or Pain)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Hmm well will be interesting to see if he can cope with the pace of Fofana and the physicality of Rougerie. Usually wouldn't doubt him, but he just doesn't look back to his usual self to me.

Glas is right though (not with the Henson comparison!), he's deffo a big game player, so I expect he'll make the step up.

I agree with Dreamer. He looked woefully short of pace. On the break Rodders referred to, he was looking around for the pass. The BOD of old would have backed himself to win the race.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Hmm well will be interesting to see if he can cope with the pace of Fofana and the physicality of Rougerie. Usually wouldn't doubt him, but he just doesn't look back to his usual self to me.

Fair enough dreamer but I'd be turning that one on its head and asking how Rougerie and Fofana will deal with their opposite numbers, neither of them are good defenders, which O'Driscoll and D'arcy undoubtedly are.

If Leinster play the way they did over the last few weeks they can win this comfortably and the challenge is on Clermont to shut Leinster down imo, not the other way round.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 pm

BOD hasn’t beaten anyone in a foot race in a while though. The main thing is, if he makes a midfield break there will ALWAYS be someone on his shoulder.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Aye Mick, the supporting runners will be key. They were superb against the Blues, but then, I don't think they'll have anywhere near the same sort of space to work in on Sunday. Fine lines it'll be I think between the sides.

And I thought Rougerie was v solid defensively, no? Fofana I agree is still a bit raw/lightweight in that part of his game.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Rava wrote:
I agree with Dreamer. He looked woefully short of pace. On the break Rodders referred to, he was looking around for the pass. The BOD of old would have backed himself to win the race.

Hmm I rewatched the game again Rava, after we spoke and I think he looked pretty good.

In terms of the break, I think his pace has been gone since 2008, if butter fingers McFadden had of held the pass it would have been the right option.

There are question marks but to me there's signs that his form is coming back.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:41 pm

No Dreamer I think rougerie is poor enough in defence. Hes not in great form either.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:43 pm

I'll have to disagree with you on that then Rodders! Smile Can't say I've seen a lot of Rougerie this season, but what I've seen from him in the HEC, I've been v impressed. He was v v good against Saracens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:43 pm

rodders wrote:I'd be turning that one on its head and asking how Rougerie and Fofana will deal with their opposite numbers, neither of them are good defenders, which O'Driscoll and D'arcy undoubtedly are.

I seem to remember Rougerie running through Gordon D'Arcy to score a try for France in last season's Six Nations.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Rodders, Rougerie didn't get a look in against Darren Cave in either of our games. The major factor in the Leinster/ASM game will be who wins the Front 5 battle.
Oh! and James' kicking Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Paddy Jackson!

What a day for that young man.

Can't believe that he was still at school when my lad started!

Shocked

Really disappointed for Henry.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Chris Henry's played well whenever I've seen him play, Mrs P.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Ulster Match Day Squad to face Edinburgh, Saturday 28th April 2012, Aviva Stadium, Dublin (kick-off 5.45pm)

(15-9): S Terblanche; A Trimble, D Cave, P Wallace, C Gilroy; P Jackson, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Best, D Fitzpatrick, J Muller (capt), D Tuohy, S Ferris, W Faloon, P Wannenburg;
Replacements (16-23): N Brady, P McAllister, A Macklin, L Stevenson, R Diack, P Marshall, I Humphreys, A D'Arcy

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/10454.php
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next