The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

+26
MBTGOG
Dave.
Breadvan
Mrs Penfro
Cari
WillyGilly
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mickado
eirebilly
perthshirepuma
Ozzy3213
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
Glas a du
red_stag
prop_lyd
Luckless Pedestrian
MrsP
PenfroPete
Rava
Pal Joey
Notch
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
30 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 14:37

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured to Cross Keys, as their team is in the British and Irish Cup Final.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Richie McCaw, George Smith, Robert Nash,Billy Holland, John Muller, Greg Laidlaw, Aurelien Rougerie, Leo Cullen, Rhys Thomas and Iestyn Thomas.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28083p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-edinburgh#1168404

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 9:00; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Notch Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 22:59

I'm not surprised he didn't show up in the loose- even watching the warm-ups before the Leinster game he was three paces behind everyone else, as Rava pointed out to me today Smile

But we really took their scrum apart. It was beautiful. And we have John Afoa to come back into it!

I'm on twitter; I love this tweet from Ulster squad player Conor Gaston;

@cgilroy14 Well done!! U did ok but I'll prob replace u for the final. No hard feelings I'm just better

There's confidence Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cross Keys

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:01

ha aye I just saw you retweet that! tis class.

oh Goodness, Swansea Swansea Swansea, how on earth could you let a 4-0 lead go so badly?? not good.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:58

Very Happy

Commisserations To Edinburgh. So much possession and yet...

Hug (The virtual version of that which was exchanged with some real fans today)

Next year eh?

Good day for the Ps.

Ulster Champion in Dance, 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a huge PB at the athletics and then a HEC final.

Not a bad day at all for the Ps!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:25

Ulster fans are you cheering for Clermont or Leinster tomorrow.

I think you have a great chance of beating Clermont but think that Leinster would beat you by 10-15
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:27

Yeah, it's a conundrum. I'm really torn.

I want Connacht to be in the Cup next year but we would struggle to beat Leinster. On the other hand, a win over Leinster would be the dream for realsies.

Clermont are a team we've performed well against and if not have the measure of, will relish facing again.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:28

I'm not going to be cheering against another Irish team, really. Would be glad to face Clermont but the craic in London would be mighty for Ulster vs Leinster. Win-win.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:35

Leinster all the way!

I have already said that I would think they are a tougher ask for us but I can't cheer against them tomorrow.

Had a great chat with a Munster fan after the game.

And bizzarly with an extremely drunk guy wearing an enormous hat with the Soltire on who spoke with an English accent but claimed to be Welsh.

Headscratch

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:42

I dont understand people who get really drunk at a match. You cant appreciate it and you'll have little memory of it all.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:47

But I suppose, if you are Welsh but from England at an Ulster v Edinburgh game perhaps there is not the same level of interest?

Especially if the team you have any connection to, even if it is only because of your choice of millinery accessories, has just lost...

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:49

Yes but I mean in general.

I've been to some breathtaking Heineken Cup games and there are always loads of really pished fans who've had 5-6 pints before the game kicked off and end up not seeing any of the rugby. Instead they spend it looking glassy eyed into the bottom of a pint glass or around the stadium.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:52

It makes no sense.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:53

Well I would agree with you but then again I can't see the point in getting drunk ever so...

Well, it has been an extremely long, busy and tiring but immensly satisfying day for me so I will bid you adue.

SUFTUMAT!!!!!

Yahoo

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 0:55

Maybe Ulster fans should just communicate entirely in acronyms for the next three weeks for good luck.

GNMRSPSWASUFTUM!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 1:06

Just back in Ballymoney. Thanks to everyone for the texts.

So blydi tired but. I can't see me going to bed for a while.

I'm not commenting on the match thread. I read back a bit and some of the comments there make me sad.

A big thanks to Edinburgh for making such a game of it. I was so nervous all game until about the 78th minute. I actually felt sick most of it. Didn't enjoy that.
Thought we did enough in the second half to just about scrape it but not a great performance. Will need to be 30-40% better for the final.

Hopefully I can relax and enjoy tomorrows game. I will be shouting for Leinster. I want them in the final with us.

Finally a big thanks to Mickado for coming and Standing Up For The Ulstermen. T Shirt was pure class.

Nite all see you tomorrow.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 1:08

Notch wrote:Maybe Ulster fans should just communicate entirely in acronyms for the next three weeks for good luck.

GNMRSPSWASUFTUM!

Good night MrsP, sleep well and Stand Up for the Ulstermen?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 1:11

red_stag wrote:
Notch wrote:Maybe Ulster fans should just communicate entirely in acronyms for the next three weeks for good luck.

GNMRSPSWASUFTUM!

Good night MrsP, sleep well and Stand Up for the Ulstermen?

Smile

CS!VSYM clap
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 1:13

I have to say I had a very good day.

Didn't wake up til noon, had a deliciously unhealthy breakfast/lunch, then another nap, visited my grandparents (now that I have a car to get to their house), watched Ulster reach their first ever HEC final (that counts . . . .) and went for a pizza and the cinema with my sister.

Tomorrow will be a day of errands that have been procrastinated and heading to the gym.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 1:16

I was at my parents house last night, left about 11 and slept the whole way down. Got to my sisters house at about half one and had lunch. Walked to Ballsbridge and met up with Rava, rodders, Mickado and Jenifer McLadyboy. Watched a wee game of rugby and then off for a pizza with my family OK

It's been a great day.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 1:53

Time for me to go to bed...

http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/events/3341-ulster-v-edinburgh-280412
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 2:52

In a way, I wish that small offences like Ferris' would warrant some action even after a game. I'm sure Poite will miss out on bigger rewards (eg finals) but what does that mean to Edinburgh? It's fair to say a man advantage didn't mean much to Embra earlier in the game, but lose a key backrow player and that's different.

I am not to fussed. Out of those two semi finalists, I'd have preferred Ulster making HQ anyway. I can educate them on the original SUFTMOG song Wink and Embra supporters wouldn't offer much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 2:53

I know it's hard to punish a yellow card offence after the game, but it is wrong to get away with a blatant card offence.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 8:27

Oh I'm leaving tonight. I still have a thousand words of an assignment to do and finish packing and I just don't want to say goodbye to some people.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 8:48

Munsty will these be people you won't see again?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 9:12

Morning folks,

Well that sorry excuse for a hc final is over and well done ulster and all that, but its time to move aside and let the big boys play ok???
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 9:26

Final eh? What game were you watching hoog? Wink

And bore da all, sounds like there's a bit of a storm going on outside, it's not making me want to move from my bed. I bloody well love lazy mornings.

Hope everyone's well Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 9:55

Rava wrote:Munsty will these be people you won't see again?

Not necessarily but I've only just started speaking to them again so it sucks to be leaving now.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 10:12

Sure you will be able to keep in touch with them by phone and email while you are away. You won't be gone that long - I hope Hug
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 10:33

Re-run of the highlights on S4C now if anybody's interested.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 11:36

Morning all (well, the few who are around).

Weather set to be worse than yesterday here, and it was pretty grim yesterday. Another trip to Ealing beckons for todays game.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 11:51

Morning all.

Ahhhhh!

So happy.

Want to say a huge THANK YOU to Rava, Bikkies and Gibbo for their help and advice in getting us to the game in time.

We left so late that I don't think we would have got there on time without it!

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 11:54

Woke up today, proving it isn't a dream; A win is a win! Afoa and Henry will make a HUGE difference. Plus Ferris looked like he was playing through injury and was at about 30%. Still we're going to...

Spoiler:

Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:03

Now if that had been the other corner you would have seen all the Ps!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:10

So... who's going to the Heineken Cup final then?

Me and my dad. I'm going to be doing DIY for my grandparents 1 day a week for the next number of months and they'll be paying my father the money I owe! Laugh

I don't want to get into my overdraft you see, I've enough debt. But I'll pay him back. Right now London is calling!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:11

That's fantastic Notch!

What a way to earn your ticket!

I love it!

clap

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:39

By christ did Ulster ride their luck at times. The semi is always the first stumbling block for a team though. Especially a team like Ulster who haven't been there before (obviously in 99 they made it but it's a completely new team, as is the experience)

I think the real thing we want to know is, did Mick have an incredibly hilarious t-shirt?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:43

Falling scaffolding knocked the oil inlet to the house. Bent but not broken, thankfully, another inch and a few hundred litres of heating oil would be running down the main road. Rolling Eyes

Had to move sheep from a field as an adjacent house was having its roof peeled off tile by tile.

The gusts are strong enough to give the garage door serious gyp, it makes a horrible noise.

Cwtched up in front of the wood burner. At least the fire's keeping alight.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:45

See this is the problem with procrastination.

I had to get groceries yesterday and I decided no I'll do it today. Now I'm hungry and there is no food and I have to go to the shops.

Grrr! In other news I really liked the Avengers last night.

In other discussion is it fair to say Kidney has no excuse not to give either Ronan Loughney, Jamie Hagan or Declan Fitzpatrick game time in New Zealand.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:46

Stag, going to see it today, post your thoughts on the film thread, would intrigue me. I have heard it's one of the best comic book films ever. I wouldn't count the Dark Knight and Batman Begins in that genre though, they are a completely different type of film.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:53

Thomond, there's a film thread?

Anwyay, I'll give you what I thought here quick with no spoilers.

I think you'd have to have seen Iron Man, Thor and Captain America to be fully up to speed with whats happening. You could get away with not having seen the incredible hulk film.

Its actually very funny, one of few times ever ever I have heard an audience in a Limerick cinema laughing and cheering along with a film.

Its also great value at around two and a half hours long. I really liked it anyway. It also has one moment I think could be a real iconic film moment.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:57

Haven't seen Thor but sure it'll be grand. Looking forward to seeing it. Even tough I miss the Leinster game. TG4 have well over an hour in highlights of it anyway. It will probably spring up on youtube too.

https://www.606v2.com/f47-films There's more to the site than sports Stag Wink

Last edited by Thomond on Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:58; edited 1 time in total

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 12:58

Afternoon all, what a miserable day out.

Well done Ulster yesterday, and I woke up to a great game between the Waratahs and Crusaders this morning (Crusaders won 37-34 Very Happy )

Ex-Crusaders hooker and current Tasman coach Matt Sexton has been appointed coach of the Southern Kings when they join Super Rugby next season (I'm guessing they'll replace Biltong's Lions) with Alan Solomon promoted to DOR. The pair previously worked together at Ulster.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 13:51

Horrible outside. Just got back from stocking up on food before the rugby and almost got blown over walking along high street/st Mary's street. Shocker of a day.

Glas - I don't envy most of your post but I do envy you your wood burner! My flat is like an ice box today. Hope you don't get too much damage up your way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:06

It's toasty inside, but Blydi freezing when I go out and get logs.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:07

Mrs P. I have sent you a PM.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:15

Afternoon pub cuppa

Weather's the same here. Just been out myself and it's horrible! Why does cold wind give you earache? Forgot to take my hat but I did have my hood up. Made absolutely no difference, earache within 10 minutes Crying or Very sad
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:30

Dreamer I thought you were back out in West Wales.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:36

nope not this weekend Stag, might be heading back West next weekend or weekend after, not sure yet.

Was talking to Penfro on Fri and for some reason had not realised the ko for the Scarlets v Blues match (and indeed all of them!) is at 7:30pm. Going to make it v difficult for me to get a train back to the Diff, so will see if I can get my lovely Dad to come to the game. He wants to anyways as it's Stevo's last home game, but he might need some extra nagging (I was going to say persuading but then thought na, why not say it like it is Wink )

Swanny - hope your earache goes away soon, tis horrible I know Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:39

Twigs, branches and boughs down everywhere. Haven't seen any trees yet, but there is one down on the M4. I've got a young tall oak in front of the house that's swaying like a cows tail. It was part of a mature hedge so grew tall quickly. However, as it doesn't have the same protection it used to since I cut the rest down, well you get the picture.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:39

It's horrible here as well. I haven't left the house today.

Just got myself a cup of tea and I'm now settling down to watch the match. I really hope Clermont can do it today (sorry Gibbo!). I've got a soft spot for them since Stevo played out there.

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:40

Congrats to prop; his Lydney avoided the drop from N2 South with a win over Barnes clap

Old Albanians (where Saracens train) and Loughborough Students are promoted to N1 from N2 South and North respectively, with Richmond and Caldy in a play off to joib them.

And Ealing scored exactly 1,000 points for the season yesterday.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next