The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues to return to the Arms Park

+19
Irish Londoner
Luckless Pedestrian
Coleman
Liam
Dai Tryin
thebluesmancometh
Seagultaf
J_D
2ndtimeround
Cari
maestegmafia
Jimmy Moz
dogtooth
ScarletSpiderman
wales606
Smirnoffpriest
Cardiff Dave
mrzimmerman
XR
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cardiff Blues to return to the Arms Park - Page 3 Empty Cardiff Blues to return to the Arms Park

Post by XR Tue 08 May 2012, 1:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2763805,00.html

Been made official. Paid to get out of it from what it reads but good to be back and no doubt interest will perk back up.

XR

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues to return to the Arms Park - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues to return to the Arms Park

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 12 May 2012, 1:50 pm

Comfort wrote:it can't be worse than this season? right? Shocked

On the field it could be worse, but off the field it looks as though it will be a million times better.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues to return to the Arms Park - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues to return to the Arms Park

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 12 May 2012, 2:18 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Just like a lot of Blues supporters, I am glad Blues are back in the city centre. I never understood the move in the first place. Arms Park in right in the middle of everything, the exact same thing which makes the Millenium Stadium so great. But does anyone know if any improvements to Arms Park are planned?

There were plans to bulldoze the arms park and build apartments and a conference centre latched on to the MS, long before Cardiff Blues moved to CCS. If take that as a starting point and put all the pieces together from then on, and there are many pieces, you should be able to get a good idea of why all this happened in the first place.
In my opinion, it wasn't done in the best interests of Cardiff Blues.

The Arms Park will be refurbished during this summer and about time too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 14 May 2012, 12:07 pm

Blues sign Ulster Hooker Andy Kyriacou

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/5851.php

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 15 May 2012, 10:36 pm

Apparently Rhys Williams won't be at the Blues next season.

Also a rumour that Matthew Rees has been given permission to talk about a summer move to the Blues.

Would be interesting if true - It would give Ken Owens more gametime at least.

Wouldn't be a cheap signing though, I would have preferred to start young Dacey and keep Laulaula.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 16 May 2012, 8:03 am

wales606 wrote:Apparently Rhys Williams won't be at the Blues next season.

Also a rumour that Matthew Rees has been given permission to talk about a summer move to the Blues.

Would be interesting if true - It would give Ken Owens more gametime at least.

Wouldn't be a cheap signing though, I would have preferred to start young Dacey and keep Laulaula.

Would make sense for Matthew as he is a Ponty boy and the Blues are closer to home. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 8:53 am

Matthew Rees to the Blues would be a good move for all concerned, seeing as Ken Owens is probably ousting him as first choice for the Scarlets and for Wales. But who's Rhys Williams?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 16 May 2012, 9:15 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Would make sense for Matthew as he is a Ponty boy and the Blues are closer to home. OK

Tonyrefail boy actually not Ponty.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 16 May 2012, 10:08 am

I'd be very happy if Rees came to the blues, considering the standard of player we're currently recruiting, hes a big signing. He'd go a long way to helping provide a platform in that front 5.

His contract wont be small, but seeing as we're leaving CCS and the number of players who are leaving us (a number who were probably our top earners to boot) I wouldnt imagine it'd break the bank...
With Owens/Myhill coming through at the scarlets, theyd both be on cheaper contracts than Rees. An I cant see the scarlets letting Myhill go to any more u20s functions so it would make sense for them to let Rees go....

....or is it a bit of a pipe dream? Erm

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 16 May 2012, 10:08 am

meh, he played for Ponty first though, and Tonyrefail is closer to Cardiff than it is to Llanelli.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 10:11 am

The Scarlets have Emyr Phillips too. I reckon Kirby Myhill should come to the Dragons. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 16 May 2012, 10:31 am

Keep your hands off our hookers! We all know Llanelli hookers are the best but that's no reason for us to share their 'talents'

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 10:34 am

Stop hoarding them!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 16 May 2012, 10:42 am

LordDowlais wrote:meh, he played for Ponty first though, and Tonyrefail is closer to Cardiff than it is to Llanelli.

Didn't he play for Merthyr before Ponty nabbed him?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 11:40 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The Scarlets have Emyr Phillips too. I reckon Kirby Myhill should come to the Dragons. Smile

boxing

Hands off our hookers!

Be gutted if Smiler leaves us. It makes sense for Ken to have more game time, but we've lost so much experience in the pack, I reckon we still need him.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 16 May 2012, 11:41 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Matthew Rees to the Blues would be a good move for all concerned, seeing as Ken Owens is probably ousting him as first choice for the Scarlets and for Wales. But who's Rhys Williams?

Rhys Williams is one of the young hookers at the Blues who has looked very promising (along with Dacey)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 11:46 am

Thanks! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 16 May 2012, 11:48 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:meh, he played for Ponty first though, and Tonyrefail is closer to Cardiff than it is to Llanelli.

I cannot remember him doing so, he might have though as Merthyr suplly ponty with a hell of a lot of players.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 16 May 2012, 11:50 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I cannot remember him doing so, he might have though as Merthyr suplly ponty with a hell of a lot of players.

You could say the same about Ponty supplying Cardiff Run

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 May 2012, 11:59 am

As bad as it sounds I wouldn't be overly upset of concerned if Smiler did leave for the Blues. He has been a great player for us (and the national side, and Lions) and I would expect he is on a pretty decent wage. So if he were to go that would free up more money to improve on our really weak areas. Also Ken is IMO on a par with/if not better than Rees at the moment, and we don't realistically have much hopes of retaining both players services, so Ken is probably the better one to keep. Also in Myhill, and Phillips we have good cover there too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3