The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament?

+2
socal1976
Henman Bill
6 posters

Go down

First to win maiden slam title

Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_lcap42%Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_lcap42%Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_lcap16%Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 2 ]
Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_lcap0%Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_lcap0%Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Empty Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament?

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 8:59 pm

From this day forward which male tennis player in your opinion will be the first to win their maiden Grand Slam tournament title?

Back to top Go down

Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Empty Re: Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament?

Post by Henman Bill Wed May 09, 2012 9:17 pm

I had the first vote! I voted Raonic, although I could by getting carried away with current form. It could also be Murray. Harrison seems a way off. Tomic isn't at the same level ability wise.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament? Empty Re: Who will be the First Male Tennis Player to attain a Maiden Slam tournament?

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 9:47 pm

At this moment in time, as long as Raonic stays injury free (a big if), I see Raonic as more likely to be the next to win a maiden slam. The reason is that I see no evidence that Murray is working on his biggest weakness, that second serve. It's that what prevented him from beating Djokovic at the AO 2012 semi-final.

ps If I jinx this, and Murray wins this year a slam - then maybe the jinx worked Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed May 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Interesting that Raonic won out, I know the guy has been really surprising people with his play the last 12 months. And I also think that in the not so distant future Raonic will be raising a grandslam trophy or two. But i still believe that murray is the next new grandslam champion. Albeit Andy has shown glimmers of false grandslam promise before. Harrison, and I am big fan of his game i think it is very polished and watchable for all his ability I don't see him being able to get a slam in this merciless era of competition. He is one of my favorite players to watch but grandslam champion material i don't think so more like a top 10 or 15 guy with some quality.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed May 09, 2012 11:22 pm

I rather feel Murray may have missed his time. He's had a great opportunity with nothing to worry about outside the top 4 but that must pass soon.

I guess one has to look at Raonic, regardless f the predictability (if fit).
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 pm

I went Raonic. Agree that Murray may have missed his chance...the top 2 are so strong, Fed is always an issue still for Murray, you have Milos now in the mix and Murray loses to other players outside top 6 regularly...you feel fate may just pass Murray by.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by graf_the_greatest Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 am

Well, it would be nice for Murray to win a grandslam nut not essential. I voted for Tomic based on his 'big game' and he did very well last year at Wimbledon.

However, I hope Tomic, Raonic, Harrison & Dimitrov go all the way to the top so in the future we have another Big Four to entertain us.

I just hope none of those get injured or suffer from early promise/burnout issues, as we know of many talented players that couldn't match that talent with results.

graf_the_greatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Thu May 10, 2012 12:28 am

It will be a dark day for tennis but I see Raonic being the first of these to win a slam.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down