The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Female Can't Coach A Male Player...

+10
MMT1
erictheblueuk
invisiblecoolers
socal1976
laverfan
Jahu
Jeremy_Kyle
bogbrush
kingraf
hawkeye
14 posters

Go down

A Female Can't Coach A Male Player... Empty A Female Can't Coach A Male Player...

Post by hawkeye Fri 21 Mar 2014, 1:38 pm

because they are not allowed in the male locker room (according to Mark Petchey)  Laugh 

But, but, but... not that he's being politically un-correct (or so he says)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

A Female Can't Coach A Male Player... Empty Re: A Female Can't Coach A Male Player...

Post by kingraf Fri 21 Mar 2014, 1:47 pm

This will not end well -

I don't personally see an issue with women coaching males... I simply don't believe in coaches. Unless, like Roger, you use them to discuss political matters during rain delays... in which case a female can't coach a male player, because they arent allowed in the male locker.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

A Female Can't Coach A Male Player... Empty Re: A Female Can't Coach A Male Player...

Post by bogbrush Sat 22 Mar 2014, 5:18 am

... or to understand stuff like politics.  Cool 
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:19 am

If I were to be coached by, say, Elena Vesnina, the first thing I'd want to make sure would be a no sex clause, just like Sharapova and her new hitting partner......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 22 Mar 2014, 7:21 am

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:If I were to be coached by, say, Elena Vesnina, the first thing I'd want to make sure would be a no sex clause, just like Sharapova and her new hitting partner......
You'd feel vulnerable to her hitting on you?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 22 Mar 2014, 8:03 am

Yes, metaphorically and, likely, in strictly tennis terms. But who wouldn't?
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 22 Mar 2014, 8:16 am

I wouldnt mind Sabatini in her play years...
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 22 Mar 2014, 9:47 am

IIRC, Mauresmo coached Llodra, Rodriguez coached both Henin and now Li Na. There is a very famous Federer-Navaratilova S&V conversation which also involved some "coaching".

So it is not taboo.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 22 Mar 2014, 5:49 pm

Women can coach men, knowledge is not limited to what kind of plumbing you have . The question arises at the highest levels and not the juniors or as kids. We know how instrumental a woman was to young Djokovic's game and things worked out pretty well for him. But there is a question at the highest level because certain tactics that are effective on the women's tour simply are not effective with the men. There is a different level of athleticism and power in the men's game. But I still think a woman who knows tennis will know how to address these differences. I find Navaratilova to be one of the smartest commentators and most professional tennis players around. If I was a top male player I would be quite happy having her as my coach.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 23 Mar 2014, 12:06 pm

I won't mind to have Steffi, Navaratilova as my coach indeed would be blessed to have them as my coach, they both possess tremendous knowledge of the game and very skillful too, yes they lack to power aspect of today's game, but nobody can teach the power aspects it should be best left to Sport Physios.

Outside that I would love to have Vesnina, Eugine Bouchard, Laura Robson, Martina Hingis, Jelena Dokic, Sania Mirza, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Kirilenko and Alize Cornet as my coach, with a strict clause "No Clause apply" . Very Happy 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Sat 19 Apr 2014, 3:03 pm

Isn't Dennis Istomin still coached by his mother Klaudiya Istomina?
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:01 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:Isn't Dennis Istomin still coached by his mother Klaudiya Istomina?

Yes, he still is.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by MMT1 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:32 am

Gloria Connors would be aghast at the suggestion.
MMT1
MMT1

http://tennis-column.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 28 Apr 2014, 5:09 pm

MMT1 wrote:Gloria Connors would be aghast at the suggestion.

come on jimbo!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Fri 23 May 2014, 12:12 pm

laverfan wrote:
erictheblueuk wrote:Isn't Dennis Istomin still coached by his mother Klaudiya Istomina?

Yes, he still is.

Also Isn't Donald Young coached by his father and mother Donald Sr. & Illona Young
respectively?
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Fri 20 Jun 2014, 2:19 pm

With Murray's new coach we're gonna find out for sure.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:33 am

Petchey isnt incorrect in what he said, women cant be in the male locker rooms, and maybe he feels the locker room presence is important. In his opinion its too much a disadvantage, I dont agree... but its a valid point

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 4:12 pm

Virginia Wade has added her two penneth, as she likes to do with all things Andy, and yet again it's pretty negative.

She can't understand the appointment in the slightest. Can't see what attributes she can bring to improve him, and thought it was a wind up when she first heard.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2014, 4:15 pm

Oh Ginny, I remember a womens match at wimbledon with a chinese player, and Ginny said she thought she "wasnt looking properly" and "she was finding it hard to see"... in the middle of the day  censored 

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Mon 23 Jun 2014, 12:17 pm

In an interview I saw today, Murray said Mauresmo brings special psychological insights, because she succumbed to nerves for the first portion of her career and overcame that to win slams and the #1 ranking. Murray said someone who overcomes those mental issues is more valuable (coaching-wise) than someone who never had those issues. I agree. Murray also said Mauresmo's all-court game is appealing to him, as he can improve in the area (sometimes Murray stays on the baseline for too long).
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 23 Jun 2014, 4:17 pm

Ginny doesn't approve. There's a surprise!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down