The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the fight be happening?

+4
qc2
horizontalhero
manos de piedra
azania
8 posters

Go down

Should it happen

Should the fight be happening? Vote_lcap55%Should the fight be happening? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 11 ]
Should the fight be happening? Vote_lcap45%Should the fight be happening? Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 20

Should the fight be happening? Empty Should the fight be happening?

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 12:08 am

Many here have stated their objection to the Haye/Chisora fight. Many take the opinion that a thug like Chisora and a fleet footed and fast mouthed fighter like Haye should not profit from the brawl in munich. I dont want to discuss the brawl of the morals of if,

This fight has caught the public's imagination. Controversy sells and this is without doubt the biggest fight for over a decade to take place in the UK. Forget Hatton/Kostya. There's c something about Heavyweights with a grudge about to duke it out.

Should it happen?

Will you be watching it?

azania

Back to top Go down

Should the fight be happening? Empty Re: Should the fight be happening?

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 12:22 am

I think its pretty hard to ask the question but then ignore the brawl/moral element of it - which is central to the whole issue.

I think both guys should have served an effective punishment and after that if they want to go through with it then give them the option. Without the brawl Im not sure there would be a huge amount of interest in the fight put it that way.

I think the two performances against the Klitschko brothers has led to Haye being slightly undersold and Chisora being slightly oversold though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 12:29 am

I'm not saying ignore the brawl per se. But its been done to death. Many have criticised the fight. I just want to know if their criticism of the fight extends to not permitting it. In short would they support the fight being scrapped.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 12:34 am

Postponed until a reasonable punishment had been served would be my opinion.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Thu 10 May 2012, 1:45 am

I've watched Holmes, Tyson, Hide, and countless others that have brought the game into disrepute, sadly it won't be possible watch this in the country that I live in but if it was I'd definetly watch- styles make fight and these two should produce a great fight. Klitchko can call it a freak show if he wants, but it will be a far more entertaining fight than anything that he 's been in for years. No in perfect world it shouldn't be happening, but it's not a perfect world. So let's just enjoy it, leave the moral crusade to Daily mail readers. And Truss.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 2:45 am

Yes.

The Chisora-Haye brawl puts into words how many of the suits think when assessing what they think they saw.

Back to top Go down

Post by qc2 Thu 10 May 2012, 9:10 am

I don't think it's right the fight is going ahead, but will definitely be tuned in when it does happen

qc2

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Thu 10 May 2012, 9:18 am

Should it be happening?

No. This is a sport, with rules. The dignity of British sport abroad was tarnished. By ignoring the British board sets a dangerous precedent.

Will I be watching?

Yes, violence mixed with bad blood is compelling viewing regardless.

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 10 May 2012, 10:49 am

I think what we really need is another poll to see if we need any other polls on this fight.. I reckon we do but only a poll will establish this.

It looks like this fight is going to be more hassle than its worth really.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 10 May 2012, 11:01 am

Why do people bang on about this fight? The fight is happening because it will generate a mass of interest and money. There have been worse things in boxing such as Ali vs Fraizer, Rahman vs Lewis, Lewis vs Tyson, Herbie Hide, Morales vs Barrera. All the fights went ahead without the media drive of "They are thugs and shouldnt fight".

The bottom line is that they are fighters and not angels. There is "bad blood" between them which is obvious. The build should be good and the fight should be interesting as well.

I think Warren has done the right thing here, and i will be looking to get a ticket!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 May 2012, 11:23 am

paperbag_puncher wrote:I think what we really need is another poll to see if we need any other polls on this fight.. I reckon we do but only a poll will establish this.

It looks like this fight is going to be more hassle than its worth really.

No paperbag, what we really need is a good old fashioned Waingro poll!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down