The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lynes vs Witter

+2
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
inman124
6 posters

Go down

Lynes vs Witter Empty Lynes vs Witter

Post by inman124 Fri 11 May 2012, 12:08 pm

Is this fight on TV? Can only seem to find Kid Galahad vs Josh Wale on channel 5

inman124

Back to top Go down

Lynes vs Witter Empty Re: Lynes vs Witter

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 11 May 2012, 12:16 pm

Is it nt on the undercard?

I thought they were I the same billZl. I thought they would be headlining BUT they have shown a couple of kid Galahad fights on channel 5 and witter and lynes aren't exactly In their primes and aren't the most exciting

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by inman124 Fri 11 May 2012, 12:21 pm

Yes it is on same bill. Wasn't too sure cause nothing was mentioned when I just read about it. They will do well to show Galahad Lynes and Eubank JR in 90 mins

inman124

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 11 May 2012, 12:24 pm

Galahad has the better back story. Apparently. And Eubank is a Channel 5 fighter. They might show highlights of Witter Lynes, who knows.

This exemplifies the trouble with having boxing on terrestrial, they can only allocate certain time slots (90 minutes in this case) and as a fight could be over inside a minute or go the full distance of nearly an hour there is no way they can plan anything.

What boxing needs is some kind of dedicated channel...

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 May 2012, 1:41 pm

Witter is 3/1 last i checked. Is he really a 3/1 underdog? even this version of him has a chance, surely? Mind you, he was tryuly awful in the prizefighter final. Awful awful awful

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 3:25 pm

Can't imagine many wanting to watch Witter fight these days....and I'm from Bradford (apparently I'm supposed to support him cos we may have once shopped at the same branch of Morrisons). Sadly Witter is one of the bigger wastes of talent this country has produced over the past ten years. Given a golden opportunity to shine against Judah and ran scared for the entire fight..then seemed to spend the rest of his career never fully committing himself to the cause. Even his biggest night against Corley was one of the dullest World title fights I've had the misfortune to sit through.

At least Lynes admits he's probably only Euro level at best!

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 11 May 2012, 5:01 pm

I'm gutted this isn't on Sky. This is the exact sort of fight I'd like to see them show and I guess, a year ago, they may have done. Not that I think it'll be a particularly good fight (is Witter innit) but its a British title! And I like Lynes, so I guess I'm biased.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 May 2012, 1:02 pm

Witter won an easy victory and young Eubank won a comfortable victory - anyone watch either?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inman124 Mon 14 May 2012, 1:42 pm

I did watch it, very impressed with Kid Galahad, getting in the mix with frampton quigg and munroe. Glad Witter won and for Eubank Jnr, he needs to work on his defence, only 4 fights tho so has plenty of time on his hands

inman124

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down