The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff : the PRL had best make up a new way to prevent the cream rising to the top PDQ.

4 posters

Go down

Jeff : the PRL had best make up a new way to prevent the cream rising to the top PDQ. Empty Jeff : the PRL had best make up a new way to prevent the cream rising to the top PDQ.

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 7:50 pm

English-based teams like Saints and Quins and the cuddly Tiggers have withstood the PRL's pressure to fail in order for the rest to survive.

Exactly what have been the PRL's achievements?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Jeff : the PRL had best make up a new way to prevent the cream rising to the top PDQ. Empty Re: Jeff : the PRL had best make up a new way to prevent the cream rising to the top PDQ.

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 May 2012, 8:23 pm

Port,
Quins and Saints were relegated because they earned it on the pitch. Not because of anything anyone else had done externally. As a Saints fan, I can honestly say we were poorly managed for the few years leading up to the ultimate failure. Once it was obvious we were in serious trouble, the Barwells realised big changes were necessary. And it is those changes which have us where we are now.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Jeff : the PRL had best make up a new way to prevent the cream rising to the top PDQ. Empty Re: Jeff : the PRL had best make up a new way to prevent the cream rising to the top PDQ.

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 11 May 2012, 8:33 pm

They've managed to subjogate the mighty Bath and manouevre them in to the Amlin next season, if that's not a PRL success story to put a smile on your face Portus... I mean, come on man! Lighten up. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 8:39 pm

I'm not saying that relegation is the issue Doc.

What I do think is that there is a nigh-on requirement for any successful team to pad itself out with SH foreign journeymen to survive the IWs onslaught.

Personally I'll be keeping my beadies on Exeter over the next couple of seasons.

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 11 May 2012, 9:23 pm

Hey doc, is there such a medical condition as "Von Munchausen's Whining by Proxy"?

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 May 2012, 11:20 pm

PJ,
There is now!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 May 2012, 11:30 pm

Portnoy wrote:.........What I do think is that there is a nigh-on requirement for any successful team to pad itself out with SH foreign journeymen to survive the IWs onslaught.

Personally I'll be keeping my beadies on Exeter over the next couple of seasons.
I think there is no choice left to the clubs but to bring in Non-England qualifieds to cover for the IW. The opposing notion is to bring up younger talent to develop implies they will get to or near the same level as those out on duty. To me, thats unrealistic. So to get better players, in many cases the way to go is to bring in players from other countries. Your Tigers and my Saints are good examples. Look at our records coming out of the RWC and to the end of 2011. Once the established England players got back they did better. And your Tigers are better at it than most.

But I have to admit having non-England players on the teams makes the teams better. More diverse Rugby experiences helps elevate teams. And it somehow improves our commuities. Castro for you is a Leicester icon. Every Saints fan loves Tiny, Brian Mujati, Roger Wilson, and so on.

And Exeter. Well I will love them until they get ahead of Saints, when I will consign them to the dumper. Currently my dumper is occupied by Quins, Sarries, and someone else............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 12 May 2012, 9:06 am

So sarries who on average over the season have played more EQ players that the tigers are again missed out from your list?

Maybe you should look at your club bringing in NEQ players to cover internationals?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down