The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big Show

+3
dallym
Hero
SaintsSte
7 posters

Go down

The Big Show Empty The Big Show

Post by SaintsSte Sat 12 May 2012, 8:45 pm

I have been looking and some of Big Shows matches throughout his career and there seems to be 1 common theme.
He has never had an emotional reaction from the crowd, whether it be booed out of the building as a heel or got a huge pop as a face. It has become more obvious over the last couple of years but raises the question....
Does anyone REALLY care about the big show now or ever before?

SaintsSte

Back to top Go down

The Big Show Empty Re: The Big Show

Post by Hero Sat 12 May 2012, 9:33 pm

He's not someone that at all is overly cared for and I usually groan whenever a wrestler I like is going into a feud with him. Saying that though he played his part well in the recent feud with Daniel Bryan I thought.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sun 13 May 2012, 12:30 am

i thought he was getting decent pops from the crowd during his recent face run.

as a heel he's a bit bland though. the generic big monster heel that the face overcomes

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Sun 13 May 2012, 1:32 pm

He got a massive pop when he returned from fat camp at the 2001 Royal Rumble. Then everyone realised that he hadn't actually lost any weight and resumed not caring.

To be fair I think he's done well to still be getting ANY kind of a reaction from the audience given the treatment he's been given over the years. He's been turned face / heel more times than anybody cares to remember, played pretty much every character going from monster heel to loveable buffoon and yet he still gets a pop these days.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintsSte Sun 13 May 2012, 7:39 pm

The problem is he was never hated as a heel or loved as a face,at best its only ever been a luke warm pop.

I would prefer him to be used in an Andre the Giant mould where he only makes a few appearances a year and it is a huge deal to knock him off his feet,never mind beating him clean.

SaintsSte

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 13 May 2012, 9:04 pm

I really like him. Good heel monster and also plays the face card well. Enjoyed his feud's with Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan recently. Did well of "Kind off" putting Cody Rhodes over

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SCSW Sun 13 May 2012, 10:20 pm

You've been looking at some of Big Show's matches throughout his career? Why? Shocked

SCSW

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon 14 May 2012, 9:52 am

Only time I was ever pleased to see him was when he was the surprise 3rd participant in the Triple Treat match at Survivor Series 99 after SCSA had been run over. A lot of my friends thought it would be Shane O'Mac. I though Rocky and HHH sold his appearance quite well. Rocky had a look on his face like he was chewing s**t. Then he went on and won the title and it all went down hill after that.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down