The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Prospects Per Division Heavy To Lightweight

+6
BallchinianMuffwig
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
School Project
lfc91
spencerclarke
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

Top Prospects Per Division Heavy To Lightweight Empty Top Prospects Per Division Heavy To Lightweight

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 16 May 2012, 2:40 pm

Ok chaps.

Who are the best prospects in each division?

for those still flip flopping between divisions, just pick what you think is most appropriate.

I will offer one to start

Middle - Still Proksa, if he can pull his finger out in Hope rematch
Welter - Thomas Dulorme. Quality all the way

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Top Prospects Per Division Heavy To Lightweight Empty Re: Top Prospects Per Division Heavy To Lightweight

Post by spencerclarke Wed 16 May 2012, 8:43 pm

Was looking forward to more of the informed people on here giving me some to look out for from your thread! Shame non of them have got involved so far. I'll look out for Dulorme though. Cheers mate!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Top Prospects Per Division Heavy To Lightweight Empty Re: Top Prospects Per Division Heavy To Lightweight

Post by lfc91 Wed 16 May 2012, 9:37 pm

Yes me to, thought more people would have taken an interest. just out of curiosity, what is considered to be a prospect? Say is there a max allowed of fights there allowed to have had or is it once they started operating close to world level they are no longer a prospect?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 16 May 2012, 9:48 pm

I'm keeping an eye on Seth Mitchell in the US Heavyweight scene.

Proska looked terrible in his last fight, didn't have an answer for that cut. Peter Quillin looks like a dangerous guy at Middle.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 16 May 2012, 10:11 pm

Deontay Wilder is the one to watch at heavy imo.

What have you got against the lower weights?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 16 May 2012, 10:15 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Deontay Wilder is the one to watch at heavy imo.

What have you got against the lower weights?

Wilder was in that war the other week. Very entertaining fight, has more of a brawler style. How he would cope with a boxer puncher is a question as he was rocked early in his last fight.

As for the lower weights, I just can't think of any prospects at those weights at the moment... plus Heavy is where the money is at and once the Klits go, it could be an exciting division again!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 16 May 2012, 10:31 pm

lfc91 wrote:Yes me to, thought more people would have taken an interest. just out of curiosity, what is considered to be a prospect? Say is there a max allowed of fights there allowed to have had or is it once they started operating close to world level they are no longer a prospect?

Thanks guys.

To answer your qu. A prospect is still very much a work in progress, but a stand out fighter in the early part of their career. A contender could be someone going for their first world belt or someone who has been around world level for a long time, never quite making it. Katsidis is the eternal contender.

prospects are up and coming talent

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 16 May 2012, 10:43 pm

I'm a big fan of the lower weights here are my pick of the prospects down their.

Kazuto Ioka is a World champion at minimumweight and won the title after only 7 fights. The guy has it all he is technically as good as any prospect I have seen. He has a superb jab and fantastic footwork. He was a star amateur in Japan and his uncle Hiroki who trains him was one of the first WBC minimumweight champions. He is fighting Akira Yaegashi next month who was involved in a fight of the year contender last year.

Milan Melindo is from the Phillipines and fights at light flyweight and you can see who inspired him from the moment you watch him. He's a southpaw with unbeleivable hand and foot speed who Pacquiao said could be a P4P star in the next few years.

Carlos Cuadras is from Mexico he can punch and he loves a scrap. He's in a tough division at flyweight with guys like Viloria and Segura who will meet him head on and won't wilt under the sort of pressure his opponents up until now have. He is entertaining and looks like he can take a punch which he's going to need to because there are guys at the weight who are just as tough and can bang a bit.

Julio Ceja is another big punching Mexican at flyweight. he throws lots of punches and puts opponents under constant pressure. He does have very good foot movement and cuts of the ring very well. Due to his style he'll be washed up before he's 30 but he should be in some crackers along the way.

Gary Russell Jnr is another top prospect below lightweight but he's had plenty of exposure so there is no need to go into that much detail about him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 16 May 2012, 10:59 pm

Proksa is id say a middleweight prospect, complete contradiction of typical European style, actually thought he wasn't "terrible" in the Hope fight just a combination of the cut, himself overlooking Hope (though beating him up at points from the ropes) and Hope himself being ridiculously well conditioned and fired up. Looking for Proksa to win rematch in style

Would you guys still consider Broner a prospect? I would, and I'd say he's the number 1 prospect out there (i know we're not talking about below LW but he'll definately shift up the weights)

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 May 2012, 11:31 pm

Where's Ox to talk up Mitchell and Wilder. Frankly I think they're both rubbish. Wilder in particular is all arms and legs and as co-ordinated as a drunk on a dancefloor.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 16 May 2012, 11:37 pm

I'll take his place I've been more impressed with Wilder knocking out the bums he has than I have been with Pryce. he has that eye catching flashy style I like.

fast hands, quick feet and one punch highlight reel KO power. GBP have handled him carefully but they know they have a licence to print money on their hands and are waiting for the right time to strike. They will build him up slowly and wait on the K bros to disappear or get old.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 May 2012, 11:43 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I'll take his place I've been more impressed with Wilder knocking out the bums he has than I have been with Pryce. he has that eye catching flashy style I like.

fast hands, quick feet and one punch highlight reel KO power. GBP have handled him carefully but they know they have a licence to print money on their hands and are waiting for the right time to strike. They will build him up slowly and wait on the K bros to disappear or get old.

I like eye catching flashy type of boxers. But this guy looks bad. He flails around like a broken threshing machine and his Ali shuffle is laughable. Mitchell would spark him without much difficulty.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 16 May 2012, 11:54 pm

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I'll take his place I've been more impressed with Wilder knocking out the bums he has than I have been with Pryce. he has that eye catching flashy style I like.

I like eye catching flashy type of boxers. But this guy looks bad. He flails around like a broken threshing machine and his Ali shuffle is laughable. Mitchell would spark him without much difficulty.

Mitchell looks like he is a big unit and not much else. Its a sign of the times that these guys are the best prospects around just now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 May 2012, 11:56 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
azania wrote:

Mitchell looks like he is a big unit and not much else. Its a sign of the times that these guys are the best prospects around just now.

That is very true. I described them as rubbish and I stand by that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 3:53 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I'm a big fan of the lower weights here are my pick of the prospects down their.

Kazuto Ioka is a World champion at minimumweight and won the title after only 7 fights. The guy has it all he is technically as good as any prospect I have seen. He has a superb jab and fantastic footwork. He was a star amateur in Japan and his uncle Hiroki who trains him was one of the first WBC minimumweight champions. He is fighting Akira Yaegashi next month who was involved in a fight of the year contender last year.

Milan Melindo is from the Phillipines and fights at light flyweight and you can see who inspired him from the moment you watch him. He's a southpaw with unbeleivable hand and foot speed who Pacquiao said could be a P4P star in the next few years.

Carlos Cuadras is from Mexico he can punch and he loves a scrap. He's in a tough division at flyweight with guys like Viloria and Segura who will meet him head on and won't wilt under the sort of pressure his opponents up until now have. He is entertaining and looks like he can take a punch which he's going to need to because there are guys at the weight who are just as tough and can bang a bit.

Julio Ceja is another big punching Mexican at flyweight. he throws lots of punches and puts opponents under constant pressure. He does have very good foot movement and cuts of the ring very well. Due to his style he'll be washed up before he's 30 but he should be in some crackers along the way.

Gary Russell Jnr is another top prospect below lightweight but he's had plenty of exposure so there is no need to go into that much detail about him.

Nice one mate! my knowledge of the lower weights is small so any fights you might wanna recommend - I am game to watch them Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 17 May 2012, 10:55 am

Yes agree wilder has been matched extremely carefully, which probably explains his perfect KO record! Has mitchell not beaten a few ex heavyweight champions?(alphabit champions of course).

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 17 May 2012, 12:00 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I'm a big fan of the lower weights here are my pick of the prospects down their.

Nice one mate! my knowledge of the lower weights is small so any fights you might wanna recommend - I am game to watch them Smile

If you haven't seen this from last year it's a must watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uv6PgYTM_I The winner is the guy who is fighting kazuto Ioka who is the pick of the bunch above.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 17 May 2012, 12:04 pm

We have a real top prospect in this country called Paul Butler. he's a flyweight form Liverpool and the kid looks like he could go a long way for what my opinion is worth.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Thu 17 May 2012, 12:48 pm

Gary Russell jr was looking a good prospect a super feather, but he's a small at that weight. Could only only see him going to lightweight max. Got a lightning jab and quick hands. Still think Gamboa would eat him at this stage.

Both of them frustratingly inactive though.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 17 May 2012, 12:50 pm

Gary Russell Jnr has been injured that is why he hasn't fought this year. He is in a title eliminator soon. Gamboa schools everyone at any weight close to him and I would include Donaire in that it would take someone of Mayweathers ability to beat him imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Thu 17 May 2012, 12:56 pm

Yeah, agree with that, Gamboa would give anyone a difficult night. I'd like to see him clean up the mess around him. Any news on him, or his he still tangled up in politics?

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 17 May 2012, 1:11 pm

He doesn't want to fight under Arum. No doubt Mayweather has been in his ear he has been training in his gym in Vegas. He's now with Emmanuel Steward which will do him no harm at all.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 17 May 2012, 1:12 pm

Another thing on Gamboa imagine him and Juanma had happened. He would have battered Juanma. I don't think it would have went 6 rounds.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 17 May 2012, 2:16 pm

Jose benavides jr- top LWW, 18, golden gloves winner and is 14-0 (12 KO's). He looks pretty good to me

Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez- hard hitting Mexican middleweight and I'd pretty highly ranked

Billy Joe Saunders anyone?

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu 17 May 2012, 7:00 pm

Anyone seen Joe Hanks? I've heard he is pretty useful but I haven't seen him fight. Doesn't seem to get much exposure.

For a 13 fight novice with little amateur experience Bryant Jennings has done pretty well so far and is, according to the commentary on the Liakhovich beating, improving drastically with every fight.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 17 May 2012, 7:03 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Jose benavides jr- top LWW, 18, golden gloves winner and is 14-0 (12 KO's). He looks pretty good to me

Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez- hard hitting Mexican middleweight and I'd pretty highly ranked

I like Saunders. Someone above mentioned Proska I would have Sauders to beat Proska pretty comfortably. If I was Warren I wouldn't hesitate putting him in with Murray either.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu 17 May 2012, 7:06 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Jose benavides jr- top LWW, 18, golden gloves winner and is 14-0 (12 KO's). He looks pretty good to me

I like Saunders. Someone above mentioned Proska I would have Sauders to beat Proska pretty comfortably. If I was Warren I wouldn't hesitate putting him in with Murray either.

I'd put him in with Blackwell next if he comes through Pryce. A good gauge of where he is in comparison to Murray and a good opponent at Commonwealth level.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 May 2012, 7:46 pm

Saunders looks good but a little fleshy. I reckon he can come down to LMW.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down