The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray

+5
LuvSports!
Josiah Maiestas
barrystar
reckoner
invisiblecoolers
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray - Page 2 Empty Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 17 May 2012, 4:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

This Gasquet is not even half good as the prime Gasquet, a few days back somebody raised a thread stating how passive Murray becomes after taking a set lead, now this is visible in the current game as well. Gasq lost the 1st set but still enjoying his game at the moment playing aggressive attacking tennis making Murray's defence to bow down.

Murray have to understand defensive tennis is the toughest and it requires a hell lot of mental courage to take all the barrage of attacing shots, inspite of losing the 1st Gasq is enjoying his tennis there, the reason being simple, he is putting Murray's defense to sword and enjoying his tennis even if it might lead to loss.

No Idea whether Murray enjoys his tennis, one thing is sure an aggressive player always loves his tennis and Defensive player always have to work hard to earn his win.

Murray 2nd break down and trailing 2-0 in the 2nd set.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray - Page 2 Empty Re: Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 17 May 2012, 6:18 pm

What would happen if Gasq turns up and win the match tomorrow? that would be real upset if he can do it,

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray - Page 2 Empty Re: Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray

Post by Guest Thu 17 May 2012, 6:19 pm

Murray has said he thinks he is capable of a Djokovic like improvement in his game, but my view is that it is ultimately Murrays psychology and approach in training that has limited him. I was thinking that Lendl might get involved in Murrays training and work towards improving Murrays technical weaknesses .... but it seems Lendl can only spend some time around a few tournaments working on the match play psychology aspects.

Hence it seems to me there is going to be no transformation in Murrays game that will turn him into a Djokovic like multi-slammer. It may be we have to be contented, with a few more finals and maybe a grand-slam or two when all the conditions fall right for him, but most likely no grand slam. So I am asking Roger Draper where are the next batch of players after Murray to look towards Gasquet having Fun playing attacking tennis against Murray - Page 2 1344700888

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 17 May 2012, 6:19 pm

Smile
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu 17 May 2012, 6:20 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:What would happen if Gasq turns up and win the match tomorrow? that would be real upset if he can do it,

I'd love that, but Ferrer should have his number, especially after today's three hour marathon. He's got to win the first set.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 17 May 2012, 6:23 pm

@ NS, thats one of Murray's biggest weakness - Over confidence, he need to grind himself out hard in practice and start to accept the fact the top 3 is better than him at the moment, but continuous hardwork means he may oneday top the pile.

@Barry

I would love to see Gasq get back to his best, he is a regular top 10 for his talent if only application is there.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu 17 May 2012, 6:37 pm

I wonder if murray has a something like the barrystar disease, i.e. "oh, I can do that, I just need to put in the work when it's needed, let's go and waste some time on 606v2 before i put in the work...."
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 17 May 2012, 6:39 pm

barrystar wrote:I wonder if murray has a something like the barrystar disease, i.e. "oh, I can do that, I just need to put in the work when it's needed, let's go and waste some time on 606v2 before i put in the work...."
laughing

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 19 May 2012, 2:13 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:@ NS, thats one of Murray's biggest weakness - Over confidence, he need to grind himself out hard in practice and start to accept the fact the top 3 is better than him at the moment, but continuous hardwork means he may oneday top the pile.

"Over confidende"? On Clay? Based on what? Are you for real? It's Murray's 'talk the talk' but cannot 'walk the walk' on clay that is the big problem add in the psychological blow of a bad back (i.e. Andy doesn't need much to make him doubt his game) and you've got a disaster on your hands

I fail to see how he can work any harder and I wish that was the problem. Happily though, away from the dirt we see a more confident player. Maybe that's what you mean, but isn't this thread relating to his latest 'car crash'

I'll settle for a QF now at RG and we move on, with not much damage done (hopefully)

For me, he should give it up on the Clay

(incidentally I'd guess that the back does have something to do with his problems as it's rare Andy starts well and fades - perhaps indicating at physical problems - but not overconfidence!!)

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 19 May 2012, 3:10 pm

BB relax at your 50th birthday, Murray is Murray and lets relax on your 50th birthday and talk about your party rather than Murray now Very Happy , something is bigger in life than Murray talks kiss

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 19 May 2012, 5:19 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:BB relax at your 50th birthday, Murray is Murray and lets relax on your 50th birthday and talk about your party rather than Murray now Very Happy , something is bigger in life than Murray talks kiss

Very wise comments. Indeed based on that fact that Andy thinks it's 2006 and hence is playing like he did then, I'm more than happy not to talk about his Tennus Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 19 May 2012, 5:46 pm

banbrotam wrote:

Very wise comments. Indeed based on that fact that Andy thinks it's 2006 and hence is playing like he did then, I'm more than happy not to talk about his Tennus Wink
laughing laughing

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2