The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Bute Poll

+15
JabMachineMK2
alfredperami
manos de piedra
Imperial Ghosty
eddyfightfan
Sugar Floyd Louis
Nico the gman
Steffan
spencerclarke
paperbag_puncher
Gordy
azania
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Froch v Bute

Froch v Bute Poll Vote_lcap15%Froch v Bute Poll Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Froch v Bute Poll Vote_lcap22%Froch v Bute Poll Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 9 ]
Froch v Bute Poll Vote_lcap5%Froch v Bute Poll Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Froch v Bute Poll Vote_lcap22%Froch v Bute Poll Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 9 ]
Froch v Bute Poll Vote_lcap36%Froch v Bute Poll Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 41

Froch v Bute Poll Empty Froch v Bute Poll

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 5:43 pm

Sorry guys, I have to do it. I need to know what ya'll think.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch v Bute Poll Empty Re: Froch v Bute Poll

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 5:45 pm

Also, did anyone see behind the ropes Carl Froch? Think it was supposed to be on this week or next.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 17 May 2012, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 May 2012, 5:50 pm

Allowed my heart to rule my head slightly and have gone Froch on points, although not a prediction I would wager one penny on if I'm being honest

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 5:53 pm

rowley wrote:Allowed my heart to rule my head slightly and have gone Froch on points, although not a prediction I would wager one penny on if I'm being honest

Good man Rowley! I have 3 quid of Froch KO at 8/1. Don't expect it and I know Bute points is a relatively likely outcome, but sod it. I just want to roar on Frochy. Been watching Bute's prep online, sparring etc. He really is factoring in all the variables, in terms of atmosphere etc. Even staying up till midnight in his Brotish hotel room to get acclimated to time zone.

But htat said. WAR FROCH!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 17 May 2012, 6:26 pm

Went with Bute KO.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 May 2012, 6:29 pm

Bute KO between rounds 1-12 Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Thu 17 May 2012, 7:27 pm

I have elected Bute to win by knock out. Not to familiar with him but I have watched Froch and he is not world class. Bute, I believe is world champion so if he is as good or better than the last opponent Froch lost to I think its safe to say he should beat Froch comfortably. Not too sure if it will be a knock out or a distance fight though.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 17 May 2012, 7:29 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
rowley wrote:Allowed my heart to rule my head slightly and have gone Froch on points, although not a prediction I would wager one penny on if I'm being honest

Good man Rowley! I have 3 quid of Froch KO at 8/1. Don't expect it and I know Bute points is a relatively likely outcome, but sod it. I just want to roar on Frochy. Been watching Bute's prep online, sparring etc. He really is factoring in all the variables, in terms of atmosphere etc. Even staying up till midnight in his Brotish hotel room to get acclimated to time zone.

But htat said. WAR FROCH!

Would you not be better of backing Bute? You can still roar on Froch but when he loses at least you'll have some pocket money to console you? Bute on points 7/4 all the way..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 May 2012, 7:42 pm

Gordy wrote:I have elected Bute to win by knock out. Not to familiar with him but I have watched Froch and he is not world class. Bute, I believe is world champion so if he is as good or better than the last opponent Froch lost to I think its safe to say he should beat Froch comfortably. Not too sure if it will be a knock out or a distance fight though.

Bloomin eck, you are harsh. Froch is world class. He lost to probably the next p4p number 1. Bute will not live with Ward. But I reckon he is better than Froch and will give him a hiding in his home town.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 7:57 pm

azania wrote:
Gordy wrote:I have elected Bute to win by knock out. Not to familiar with him but I have watched Froch and he is not world class. Bute, I believe is world champion so if he is as good or better than the last opponent Froch lost to I think its safe to say he should beat Froch comfortably. Not too sure if it will be a knock out or a distance fight though.

Bloomin eck, you are harsh. Froch is world class. He lost to probably the next p4p number 1. Bute will not live with Ward. But I reckon he is better than Froch and will give him a hiding in his home town.

How is he anymore harsh than you.

Froch by ring walk KO...Ok, Bute pts

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 17 May 2012, 8:02 pm

Really hope Froch but it seems consensus says bute. So I have a splinter in my ass as eventually went for a draw|

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 May 2012, 8:59 pm

My heart is really hoping Bute can win this by brutal KO. Iv gone with my head though and voted for Bute UD

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 9:02 pm

Steffan wrote:My heart is really hoping Bute can win this by brutal KO. Iv gone with my head though and voted for Bute UD

Steffan, out of respect for our cyber friendship I will disregard the "brutal" part. Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 9:03 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Really hope Froch but it seems consensus says bute. So I have a splinter in my ass as eventually went for a draw|

haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 May 2012, 9:06 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Steffan wrote:My heart is really hoping Bute can win this by brutal KO. Iv gone with my head though and voted for Bute UD

Steffan, out of respect for our cyber friendship I will disregard the "brutal" part. Very Happy
Your a gentleman and a good cyberfriend thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 9:15 pm

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Your a gentleman and a good cyberfriend thumbsup

I thank you squire thumbsup

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 17 May 2012, 9:18 pm

Dont care how Froch wins,just as long as he does,honest fighter who ducks nobody,lots of time for him.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 May 2012, 10:02 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Dont care how Froch wins,just as long as he does,honest fighter who ducks nobody,lots of time for him.

I presume hitting the other bloke more often than he gets hit. Usually works that way or am I missing something?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 May 2012, 10:03 pm

azania wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Dont care how Froch wins,just as long as he does,honest fighter who ducks nobody,lots of time for him.

I presume hitting the other bloke more often than he gets hit. Usually works that way or am I missing something?
Well against Kessler Froch land less punches and got hit more but still reckons he deserved to win Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 10:05 pm

Steffan wrote:
azania wrote:

Well against Kessler Froch land less punches and got hit more but still reckons he deserved to win Headscratch

Depends on the punches. Although I though Froch lost that fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 May 2012, 10:06 pm

Steffan wrote:
azania wrote:

Yeah, and he's still complaining about being robbed in the ABA finals.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 May 2012, 10:15 pm

azania wrote:
Steffan wrote:
azania wrote:

Yeah, and he's still complaining about being robbed in the ABA finals.
And hes still complaining about getting his bike stolen in the tough Nottingham ghetto he grew up in Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 17 May 2012, 10:30 pm

I honestly think Froch could give the fight of his life and surprise some of you.... Froch Pts.

Also don't forget judges may have a big part to play.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 10:48 pm

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:I honestly think Froch could give the fight of his life and surprise some of you.... Froch Pts.

Also don't forget judges may have a big part to play.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 17 May 2012, 10:50 pm

the honest anwser for this one is i dont know, went for draw although in all honest if its anywhere near close it will be frochs fight. i was confident carl would beat ward, so im unsure now. looking at them both box id say bute, going on past history id say froch.

i think the most probable outcome is a very shady hometown decision, but i want to see a froch KO. ive already got my excuse ready if he wins on a iffy decision.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 17 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Froch on points, not been convinced by Bute in the slightest whom I don't think is in the class of Kessler let alone Ward, a massive step up for him while Froch has been there many times before, his better big fight experience will be enough for the points victory.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 17 May 2012, 10:57 pm

not disagreeing but if you look at there common opponent in glen johnson bute handled him far better

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 10:58 pm

Just rewatching the Froch Kessler fight. Froch was so much more confident than he was v Ward, its visible. One thing he was guilty of doing in that fight was admiring his work. He landed some big rights in that and then just stood there. If he does that v Bute, he loses.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 17 May 2012, 11:00 pm

this fight is probably the best match up of the year so far

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 17 May 2012, 11:05 pm

Common opponents don't mean a jot, for instance Froch beat Tatevosyan far easier than Bute, styles makes fights not a singular opponent they both faced.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 11:07 pm

Add to that the fact Johnson and Bute sparred 100 rounds, I expect Bute to win comfortably against Johnson

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 May 2012, 11:41 pm

If you want to see a fight that might tell you someting about Froch v Bute and how it might go, watch Bute v Bika.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 May 2012, 8:38 am

Froch has obviously mixed it with the better competition, but with mixed success. I think Butes performances against the likes of Johnson, Bika, Mendy, Magee, Miranda etc paint a pretty good picture of his abilities. Granted, they are B listers, but hes dealt with them impressively. The only real glitch Bute has in his record is that first Andrade fight which I guess leaves a little bit of a question mark over his durability perhaps. But I cant help feel theres not enough doubts overall in his record to suggest he will find Froch too big a step up. Speedier, slicker fighters just dont seem to suit Froch and thats what Bute is. I think its a tall order for him. Do think theres a possibility Bute could be hurt but even then its been a while since Froch stopped anyone and the only top level opponent he has stopped really was the notoriously vulnerable Taylor.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Fri 18 May 2012, 1:28 pm

[quote="Steffan"][quote="azania"]
Steffan wrote:
azania wrote:

laughing

yes but the judges didn't. don't you enjoy that more?

To be fair im a fan but I was listening to his interpretation of the ward fight "did well at staying out of harms way." etc "I was not outclassed" sorry Carl you were.

Having said that I think this could be the fight that the SS catches up with Carl.
If he took this fight before the SS(or it didn’t happen) although he wouldn’t have had the run of world class opposition, he was fresher and would have found away to win IMO.

If Ward was not a class above then staying out of the SS and mopping up after may have been a sound (if more by luck than judgement. Showtime) move by LB whilst drawing the numbers he did in Montreal, making big money maybe (on a par or higher than SS entrants, anyone have an idea on this?) and staying fresh to collect the belts at the other end. Ward the spanner to that idea.

anywho LB-UD
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 18 May 2012, 1:40 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Froch has obviously mixed it with the better competition, but with mixed success. I think Butes performances against the likes of Johnson, Bika, Mendy, Magee, Miranda etc paint a pretty good picture of his abilities. Granted, they are B listers, but hes dealt with them impressively. The only real glitch Bute has in his record is that first Andrade fight which I guess leaves a little bit of a question mark over his durability perhaps. But I cant help feel theres not enough doubts overall in his record to suggest he will find Froch too big a step up. Speedier, slicker fighters just dont seem to suit Froch and thats what Bute is. I think its a tall order for him. Do think theres a possibility Bute could be hurt but even then its been a while since Froch stopped anyone and the only top level opponent he has stopped really was the notoriously vulnerable Taylor.

Only thing i will say about Froch lack of stoppages is that when you look at his opposition, they arn't exactly stoppage material

Pascal - never been down and campaigns at LH now
Taylor - stopped albeit late
Dirrell - catch me if you can
Kessler - iron chin, never down to my knowledge
Abraham -iron chin
Johnson - iron chin
Ward - couldn't hit

Who stops these guys really. Bute wouldn't stop any except Taylor and Froch stopped him.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 18 May 2012, 1:48 pm

azania wrote:

I dont know you tell me,you seem to be the man with all the answers or think you do.If sarcasm was money you would be a billionaire gadge.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 18 May 2012, 2:12 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Froch has obviously mixed it with the better competition, but with mixed success. I think Butes performances against the likes of Johnson, Bika, Mendy, Magee, Miranda etc paint a pretty good picture of his abilities. Granted, they are B listers, but hes dealt with them impressively. The only real glitch Bute has in his record is that first Andrade fight which I guess leaves a little bit of a question mark over his durability perhaps. But I cant help feel theres not enough doubts overall in his record to suggest he will find Froch too big a step up. Speedier, slicker fighters just dont seem to suit Froch and thats what Bute is. I think its a tall order for him. Do think theres a possibility Bute could be hurt but even then its been a while since Froch stopped anyone and the only top level opponent he has stopped really was the notoriously vulnerable Taylor.

Only thing i will say about Froch lack of stoppages is that when you look at his opposition, they arn't exactly stoppage material

Abraham -iron chin
Johnson - iron chin
Ward - couldn't hit

Who stops these guys really? Bute wouldn't stop any except Taylor and Froch stopped him.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 18 May 2012, 4:04 pm

His lack of world level knock outs is always used against him but you have put it brilliantly Sean, the only man I would expect him to stop he did.

Pascal, Abraham, Kessler and Johnson in particular I would expect to go the distance with anyone between middleweight and light heavyweight, it definitely seems to be the weight range where the iron chinned fighters reside, above and below there does tend to be a lot more knockouts.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 18 May 2012, 4:07 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:His lack of world level knock outs is always used against him but you have put it brilliantly Sean, the only man I would expect him to stop he did.

Pascal, Abraham, Kessler and Johnson in particular I would expect to go the distance with anyone between middleweight and light heavyweight, it definitely seems to be the weight range where the iron chinned fighters reside, above and below there does tend to be a lot more knockouts.

Cheers mate. Ridiculous to think anyone stops those names at SM unless they are shot.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 18 May 2012, 4:41 pm

Who has gone for a Bute KO?

Froch has never been knocked out before, faced much stronger punchers than Bute and has one of the best chins in boxing.

I don't see the logic.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 18 May 2012, 4:52 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Who has gone for a Bute KO?

Froch has never been knocked out before, faced much stronger punchers than Bute and has one of the best chins in boxing.

I don't see the logic.
With you on this,Froch has never ever looked like being knocked out in any fight.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 18 May 2012, 5:03 pm

I find the image of any Super-Middleweight putting Froch on the deck for the full ten count hard to conjure. That said, while I think this is a distance fight ninety percent of the time, if there is a stoppage it's likely to be suffered by Froch via an intervention by the referee.

Nature of the beast when it comes to a style like Froch's. Anyone can be stopped if they ship enough shots under the right (or should I say wrong?) circumstances. Foreman stood up to the punching of Lyle, Cooney and Morrison, but didn''t survive the relatively light attacks of Ali.

If Froch is as open against Bute as he was against Ward, then a stoppage isn't out of the question. Carl looked terribly tired at points in that fight. Granted, he won't have to cover as much ground against Bute, but this attitude of "I can't be hurt, I'm a warrior who takes punches to land my own" does worry me a little with Carl.

As for the fight itself, Bute on points is the sensible bet. Naturally, I'll be hoping Carl can take it on points, which is probably a thirty-five percent possibility compared to fify-five percent for a Bute decision. The remaining ten goes on Bute by TKO.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 18 May 2012, 5:14 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I find the image of any Super-Middleweight putting Froch on the deck for the full ten count hard to conjure. That said, while I think this is a distance fight ninety percent of the time, if there is a stoppage it's likely to be suffered by Froch via an intervention by the referee.

Nature of the beast when it comes to a style like Froch's. Anyone can be stopped if they ship enough shots under the right (or should I say wrong?) circumstances. Foreman stood up to the punching of Lyle, Cooney and Morrison, but didn''t survive the relatively light attacks of Ali.

If Froch is as open against Bute as he was against Ward, then a stoppage isn't out of the question. Carl looked terribly tired at points in that fight. Granted, he won't have to cover as much ground against Bute, but this attitude of "I can't be hurt, I'm a warrior who takes punches to land my own" does worry me a little with Carl.

As for the fight itself, Bute on points is the sensible bet. Naturally, I'll be hoping Carl can take it on points, which is probably a thirty-five percent possibility compared to fify-five percent for a Bute decision. The remaining ten goes on Bute by TKO.

Agreed. A fresh and prime Frochj wouldn't get stopped IMO. But a fighter who has eaten as many clean sh9ts in the last 3 years as him will have a breaking point. All fighters do, after all.

That said, Bute points most likely.

What price the draw in a fight most people have Bute winning by 2-3 rounds?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Fri 18 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:Who has gone for a Bute KO?

I don't see the logic.
With you on this,Froch has never ever looked like being knocked out in any fight.

I'm with you too, and Froch does walk through most shots but maybe they're thinking Bute will stop him by going to the body. Best body puncher in boxing for me. It'll be interesting to see how Froch copes with this.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 May 2012, 5:32 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:

Abraham -iron chin
Johnson - iron chin
Ward - couldn't hit

Who stops these guys really. Bute wouldn't stop any except Taylor and Froch stopped him.

Dirrell has been down and caught against Abraham for example. I would agree with you they are generally tough characters, Taylor aside perhaps but it doesnt really bode too well that Taylor was the only one he stopped when I think a stoppage is probably the only way he beats Bute. I dont think he light hitter by any stretch but his record doesnt exactly fill you with confidence he is going to get a knock out. Hes not a devastating hitter at the weight and I dont think Bute is going to onblige him by letting him tee off on him just to find out.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 18 May 2012, 5:48 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Abraham -iron chin
Johnson - iron chin
Ward - couldn't hit

Dirrell has been down and caught against Abraham for example. I would agree with you they are generally tough characters, Taylor aside perhaps but it doesnt really bode too well that Taylor was the only one he stopped when I think a stoppage is probably the only way he beats Bute. I dont think he light hitter by any stretch but his record doesnt exactly fill you with confidence he is going to get a knock out. Hes not a devastating hitter at the weight and I dont think Bute is going to onblige him by letting him tee off on him just to find out.

Kind of goes without saying Bute isn't going to "let him tee off" ha. Froch problem isn't that he lacks power, it's that he will have to wear Bute down to get a stoppage. And that will be hard if he is made to miss as he was v Dirrell. Froch rocked KEssler two or three times in their fight, but never followed it up. He actually stands and admires his work at times, it's annoying. If Froch hits Bute with something clean, he has to take advantage of it. Look. Not saying he is going to KO Bute. But his best chance is to wear him down over the course. Time will tell.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 May 2012, 6:13 pm

I would agree. I think if Froch does win it will be via a late stoppage while behind or neck in neck on points.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 May 2012, 7:24 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I find the image of any Super-Middleweight putting Froch on the deck for the full ten count hard to conjure. That said, while I think this is a distance fight ninety percent of the time, if there is a stoppage it's likely to be suffered by Froch via an intervention by the referee.

That's just talk to psyche himself up and worry the opponent to try harder and leave his game plan behind.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sun 20 May 2012, 1:09 am

The general consensus seems to be Bute on points and that is where my money would lie if I was betting on it.

Classic case of Boxer v Slugger and the Boxer will win.

The more I see of Froch the more I dislike his style but taking nothing away from him, he makes for an entertaining fighter. Thought he was beaten by Dirrell also but that is me digressing.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 20 May 2012, 1:31 pm

i wouldnt be so confident of froch losing on points in nottingham.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next