The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Dreams Come True

+6
MTS1
sportslover
socal1976
Green
Geosynch
noleisthebest
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When Dreams Come True - Page 2 Empty When Dreams Come True

Post by noleisthebest Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

What is a dream when a dream comes true?
Is it still a dream, what does it do?

The heart like a cloud sails up sky away
HIgher and higher with the sun to play.

Up there the dream meets the birds of rare
Forever with the stars nightsky to share

The dream has come true for me as a Nole fan: Nole is finally playing at his full potential: his fitness, his maturity, his experience, his talent - everything has finally come together: in the fullness of time.

The forehand, the backhand, and oh, that fire in his belly.....

I know that Nole has two more dreams, but for me, my heart is so warm and I am so happy: I suppose that's what it feels like when dreams come true Smile !

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

When Dreams Come True - Page 2 Empty Re: When Dreams Come True

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Tue 12 Apr 2011, 8:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:BTW, are you "there" as well, and if so how is it?
I am indeed "there". It's lovely.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:18 pm

That was a question for me, News! Which I somehow missed today...Erm

Nole, I think I better answer it via PM... (Check your inbox! Smile)

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 5:06 am

Yes, Nitb, I get a sense with how he is serving and how much better his volleys are that Novak thinks his big chance to yank away a boatload of points from Nadal and Federer to a lesser extent is at wimby. Every tennis player dreams of winning that event. Plus if Nadal fails to defend wimby, with the start Novak had in the early part of the season I think it is a virtual lock that Rafa will lose the #1 ranking. Roger could take wimbeldon, I think it is his best chance. But that would also serve to yank about 1000 or more ATP points off of Rafa's lead.

To win on grass you have to be able to serve well, Novak is doing that really well this year. You have to be able to return, right now he is the best in the business. You have to feel comfortable up in the court, and Nole has proven that his volleys are much better this year. And you have to be a good mover, which he is among the best. Nole can play on all surfaces, but on grass I think he is a real sleeper and nobody is giving him much of a chance.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

Socal, you are preaching to the converted!

I have bee well aware of Nole's talent for ages, I'm so glad it all came together for him at last, particularly his fitness, I supppose he is one of those normal healthy guys who doesn't "bloom" at the age o f10 Wink

I am utterly impressed by that win in Miami, I mean, he was fresher than NADAL!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:10 pm

I really like Novak's chances at wimby, not so much at RG. Many people underestimate him although he has made 2 wimbeldon semis and the final of queens club only to lose in a tight match to Rafa. When I was watching the Miami final and how well he moved into the court and volleyed against the best passing shot artist in the business, one thing came into my mind wimbeldon. His serve should play even better on the grass as the surface will give him a little help. And being a good mover and returner is also crucial which he has in spades. I can see him surprising people this year at wimby.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:52 pm

"I can see him surprising people this year at wimby."

And I can see myself utterly brokenhearted for not being able to see it live....UNLESS!!! I can get a ticket Sad

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 16 Apr 2011, 5:04 am

NITB, he has the game to get far on grass, just the last couple of years his serve was not there. His serve is back, and looks better than it was in 2008 when it was weapon for him. The grass court will give him a little extra on the serve. And his returning will be a big factor. He is better than Nadal at taking the ball early and flattening out on both sides. But I think at wimby that Fed, will be a real obstacle, if there is any big tourney that he can get hot and win its wimbeldon.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 9:49 pm

Nole's got the game for every surface. Federer...I'm not sure he's able to do things at will any more....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:23 am

No NITb, but I still think Roger will up his level on grass this year. It is the surface that best suits him. I think Novak can beat him on grass this year or on any other surface. But I would still prefer if Fed ended up in Rafa's half of the draw.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:51 pm

socal1976 wrote:No NITb, but I still think Roger will up his level on grass this year. It is the surface that best suits him. I think Novak can beat him on grass this year or on any other surface. But I would still prefer if Fed ended up in Rafa's half of the draw.

I hope so, I'd like Federer to "last". I love his game and everything he brought to tennis.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 23 Apr 2011, 6:33 am

Yes, for all the heated battles and exchanges between Novak and Roger, their rivalry was quite special and intense. And since there didn't seem to be any love lost between the two there seemed to be more fire in it even when looking at the Rafa and Roger rivalry. When Fed leaves we will certainly miss him, although I have been critical of some of his conduct in the past.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 26 Apr 2011, 1:07 pm

socal1976 wrote:Yes, for all the heated battles and exchanges between Novak and Roger, their rivalry was quite special and intense. And since there didn't seem to be any love lost between the two there seemed to be more fire in it even when looking at the Rafa and Roger rivalry. When Fed leaves we will certainly miss him, although I have been critical of some of his conduct in the past.

Nobody's perfect...and when all's said and done, Federer's legacy will overshadow all the very rare and trivial off-moments.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 3:23 pm

Can't agree with you more on that NITB, personally I will miss the classic matches and battles fed has had. So many of the greatest matches I have ever seen have involved him.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Wed 27 Apr 2011, 10:40 am

Nole, there's a PM waiting for you there from a certain poster... Smile

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:57 pm

this is the post I've been trying to post on Tennis.com, but for some reason it vanishes the moment it's posted (conspiracy,ahem!)

Basically the artile is about how boring clay seasons are....so here was my response...PUBLISHED AT LAST Tennis.com eat your heart out!

As a longtime Nole fan, clay seasons have for me been boring only in hidnsight.

Although (mainly due to Nadal and lack of fitness/full development) Novak has not won a lot on clay, I have always thought that he was the number two player on clay.

Yes Federer did have better results, but his rankings have a lot to do with it.

Nole has sat somewhere between Nadal and Ferrer in terms of game: he's got Nadal's talent and class as well as natural good movement on clay, as well as Ferrer type of base-line angle creating shot-making.

This year he brings his confidence, fitness and unsatiating appetite to the table (don't forget, he's lost some weight due to diet change and he can't eat what he likes now

Also, unlike Ferrer, Nole is a lot ballsier, probably the gutsiest player out there: he'll go out there, and he'll give his all.

I'm expecting plenty of drop-shot match practice in Belgrade for Novak.
For Nole fans that means great hopes for an unforgettable clay season EVER ))))

One of the main new additions in Nole's armour will definitely be his maturity which really stands out in his game a lot now: he is not trying to impress any more - he's there to win.

He's taken a leaf out of Nadal's book and now shamelessly bludgeons opponents' backhands: after all, Federer is the GOAT not because his game is elegant but because he won 16 majors.

He does not try to impress Federer in rallies (I think he got it out of his system in that 1st set at AO) he is there to get you!
Nole's also got a bit of Murray's stubborness in his game which could prove to be priceless against Nadal on clay.

All in all, this Nole fan's all ready for another clay season, and , hey, may it be the one without the hindsight for a change !

noleisthebest

Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:59 pm

Green wrote:
Nole, there's a PM waiting for you there from a certain poster... Smile

What do you mean?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 27 Apr 2011, 9:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:this is the post I've been trying to post on Tennis.com, but for some reason it vanishes the moment it's posted (conspiracy,ahem!)

Well I'm glad you posted it here NITB.........that was a very interesting read : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Wed 27 Apr 2011, 10:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
What do you mean?
Clare told me to tell you that she has sent you a PM on that other tennis forum (I tried sending you a PM here, but couldn't.).

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 28 Apr 2011, 11:31 am

Green wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
What do you mean?
Clare told me to tell you that she has sent you a PM on that other tennis forum (I tried sending you a PM here, but couldn't.).

sorry,, I got it straight after I posted the question Doh

"(I tried sending you a PM here, but couldn't.)."

Why not?

I did pop over to MTL and there were all these Belgrade etc suicide threads...got me lost a bit there...kids these days, hey, if it ain't death, suicide, wicked, attack or stg like that, they can't relate to it...sad days...indeed!

Are you in Belgrade Green? if so, any first hand stories?

Last edited by noleisthebest on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Thu 28 Apr 2011, 2:27 pm

noleisthebest wrote:"(I tried sending you a PM here, but couldn't.)."

Why not?
I tried again, but I just get the message: "This or those user(s) do not wish to receive private messages : noleisthebest". Perhaps you've changed some settings in your profile?

Just go over to MTL to your Member page and check Clare's PM...

And no, unfortunately I'm not in Belgrade, but if I hear some interesting stories, I'll let you know. Smile

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2