The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quins v Tigers

+40
Looseheaded
Cowshot
maestegmafia
majesticimperialman
flankertye
gelodge
brennomac
tigerleghorn
sugarNspikes
wales606
idris
mattygoat
alcoombe
whocares
niwatts
sean.c
doctor_grey
Artful_Dodger
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Manu's Boxing Coach
propdavid_london
Poorfour
HammerofThunor
killer938
bluestonevedder
HQ matt
formerly known as Sam
Equo Troiano
beshocked
Beaker
yappysnap
ChequeredJersey
Zander
LondonTiger
Feckless Rogue
nathan
caoimhincentre
red_stag
BoyneRFC
Portnoy
44 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Quins v Tigers

Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_lcap48%Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 30 ]
Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_lcap16%Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]
Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 16 ]
Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_lcap1%Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 62

Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Empty Quins v Tigers

Post by Portnoy Mon 21 May 2012, 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who do you think will win?

Personally I think the Tigers will win at a canter.

All the momentum and Tigers' form can't help the Toffs at nearly-home.

Well if they're going to get anywhere near Dublin Athletic next year, they'd best start laying down a few markers.

Cat

Last edited by Portnoy on Mon 21 May 2012, 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Quins v Tigers)
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Quins v Tigers - Page 4 Empty Re: Quins v Tigers

Post by Cowshot Sat 26 May 2012, 8:20 pm

Back from the game, having seen my Quins mates off to the Stoop to celebrate. Fair play Quins, you deserved it on the day. clap

Great atmosphere at HQ, inside and outside the stadium. Really good day out - even with the wrong result!

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 26 May 2012, 10:10 pm

Just back now.

Massive congrats to Quins on their first Prem Title!! Let's hope it's the start of a long period of dominance.

Commiserations to Tigers and a big thanks to all their fans who were great for banter today even in defeat.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 10:45 pm

lost a bit of respect for Marler after he was giving banter to Waldrom when he was carded.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 May 2012, 10:47 pm

Yeah and lost some more respect for Manu when he lobbed a ball at Brown's head
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 10:48 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Yeah and lost some more respect for Manu when he lobbed a ball at Brown's head

havent seen that yet, only just into the second half.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 10:49 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Yeah and lost some more respect for Manu when he lobbed a ball at Brown's head

Marler is a crafty devil, held on to Cole when he was trying to get out of the way giving the penalty to the quins.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 11:09 pm

lol, talk about getting in wrong!

Firstly, you got the wrong player! it was A. Tuilagi, secondly he threw the ball without looking and finally he threw it after being pushed in the back by Brown after the whistle had gone.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 May 2012, 11:15 pm

If it were Alesana, I apologise. If you believe it was warranted or accidental, you are free to that opinion but I strongly disagree. They really need to get a handle on their over aggressive issues
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 11:20 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:If it were Alesana, I apologise. If you believe it was warranted or accidental, you are free to that opinion but I strongly disagree. They really need to get a handle on their over aggressive issues

The same could be said of Brown. Also i hope your not being racist with your use of the word "they".

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 May 2012, 11:29 pm

No. The two Tuilagis specifically, not any race in general. To be fair I'm sure Brown pushed it but that's the kind of overreaction that we've seen from Alesana and Manu not infrequently. Marler was out of line with Waldrom earlier, and Williams and probably some other Quins put in a shoulder charge (though I think he paid for it by subluxing his shoulder, least it looked that way when Allen scored) but it was hardly as though Tigers were innocent in all this if we are going to talk about acts not deserving of respect. And argue with me but please don't accuse me of racism
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 26 May 2012, 11:37 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:No. The two Tuilagis specifically, not any race in general. To be fair I'm sure Brown pushed it but that's the kind of overreaction that we've seen from Alesana and Manu not infrequently. Marler was out of line with Waldrom earlier, and Williams and probably some other Quins put in a shoulder charge (though I think he paid for it by subluxing his shoulder, least it looked that way when Allen scored) but it was hardly as though Tigers were innocent in all this if we are going to talk about acts not deserving of respect. And argue with me but please don't accuse me of racism

Wasn't accusing you of racism, it was a question. For a team that's just been crowned champions you seem to be a bit grumpy? Both team's were probably as bad as each other, doesn't make it right though.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 May 2012, 11:41 pm

Nah not grumpy mate, just defensive of our players. Hug

Let's put it aside, sorry if I've overreacted
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 27 May 2012, 1:28 am

nathan wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:If it were Alesana, I apologise. If you believe it was warranted or accidental, you are free to that opinion but I strongly disagree. They really need to get a handle on their over aggressive issues

The same could be said of Brown. Also i hope your not being racist with your use of the word "they".

Behave. He was clearly referring to the Tuilagi brothers. To suggest otherwise is a tad silly. Anyways, great game, good on Quins, unlucky Leicester, but on the brightside from both theirs and England's perspective Youngs was very good, as was Cole for the most and they ran Quins very very close.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 May 2012, 1:33 am

Thought Ford looked pretty mature and good too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 27 May 2012, 2:18 am

True, and from a Quins/England perspective Marler was swell, Monye solid, Brown good and Robshaw phenomenal. Some very good prospects (which as a welsh fan hurts to acknowledge)

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 27 May 2012, 8:47 am

Lowe played very well too. And Care was brilliant at setting the tempo all game long, he made a massive difference compared to Dickson.

Looking forward to the summer tour even more now (just no injuries please!)

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 27 May 2012, 9:02 am

Looseheaded wrote:True, and from a Quins/England perspective Marler was swell, Monye solid, Brown good and Robshaw phenomenal. Some very good prospects (which as a welsh fan hurts to acknowledge)

i did underrated Robshaw (i hadn't seen many match's he was in) but he had a massive game and i'm pretty happy he's captaining England.

Last edited by nathan on Sun 27 May 2012, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 27 May 2012, 9:07 am

What a wonderful advert for the most competitive league in the world. Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 27 May 2012, 9:17 am

I think the Tuilagis qualify as a race in their own right.

The amount of niggle (no Im not being racist) in the match was negligible especially given the context. Remember the last final Tigers were in Clarke saw fit to deliberately break a players arm.
Both of the Tuilagis did seem to be trying a bit too hard to play their aggressive game, and unusually for big game we didnt see the best of them. there was a bit of a lack of control from Manu, but it wasnt malicious. certainly the Quins guys didnt seem overly concerned about either of the loose tackles.
If the biggest piece of handbags in the game was a shove and a ball being thrown in the face in the grand scheme of things this was one of the friendliest games of the season.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander Sun 27 May 2012, 9:18 am

yappysnap wrote:Lowe played very well too. And Care was brilliant at setting the tempo all game long, he made a massive difference compared to Dickson.

Looking forward to the summer tour even more now (just no injuries please!)

I agree, we have had enough injuries already Sad

Zander

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Sun 27 May 2012, 11:47 am

I thought the right side won, both on the day and over the course of the season. Was it 19 English players in the matchday squad? Good to see the most English side winning the English league. Also good to see the handling skills the Quins players have. And what has happened to the Quins front row? Even earlier this season they were regarded as a weakness (and a couple of years back they were a major problem), now they are a match for anyone in England.

I thought it was a decent game of rugby, and looked like a cracking day out in the sun. More evidence for me that the professional game in the NH should be restructured to be from Feb to Nov (with evening kick-offs from June to August).

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Sun 27 May 2012, 12:16 pm

Well done Quins for winning and playing outstandingly. They manoeuvred the Tigers pack around superbly with their pack offloading brilliantly sucking defenders in and then moving it wide to exploit the space.

I am glad Tigers made a game of it in the end and we did make some good breaks but we didnt keep the ball for long enough to create pressure. This was down to Quins giving us no ball running everything. This lead us to force things creating errors and losing possession after making breaks and creating no pressure.

I do wonder if the Tigers struggle on the wider Twickenham pitch compared to the narrow Welford road as they do have a poor record at Twickers.

Also as a fan you do think of what might of been different and if Waldrom wasnt sin binned you do wonder what might've happened. I think it haulted our momentum from the try and gave Quins a cushion to push on from and pull clear with the Robshaw try.

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 27 May 2012, 12:17 pm

clap Quins guinness

Watched the highlights last night and looked like a cracking game.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 27 May 2012, 2:35 pm

Manu's Boxing Coach wrote:Well done Quins for winning and playing outstandingly. They manoeuvred the Tigers pack around superbly with their pack offloading brilliantly sucking defenders in and then moving it wide to exploit the space.

I am glad Tigers made a game of it in the end and we did make some good breaks but we didnt keep the ball for long enough to create pressure. This was down to Quins giving us no ball running everything. This lead us to force things creating errors and losing possession after making breaks and creating no pressure.

I do wonder if the Tigers struggle on the wider Twickenham pitch compared to the narrow Welford road as they do have a poor record at Twickers.

Also as a fan you do think of what might of been different and if Waldrom wasnt sin binned you do wonder what might've happened. I think it haulted our momentum from the try and gave Quins a cushion to push on from and pull clear with the Robshaw try.

Cheers Manu,

For me Tigers biggest mistake was kicking the ball so much, I was sat with a Tigers fan and he was pulling his hair out as every time you made it to half way Ford would kick the ball away and usually it would be a poor kick too.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Sun 27 May 2012, 3:24 pm

yappysnap wrote:
Manu's Boxing Coach wrote:Well done Quins for winning and playing outstandingly. They manoeuvred the Tigers pack around superbly with their pack offloading brilliantly sucking defenders in and then moving it wide to exploit the space.

Cheers Manu,

For me Tigers biggest mistake was kicking the ball so much, I was sat with a Tigers fan and he was pulling his hair out as every time you made it to half way Ford would kick the ball away and usually it would be a poor kick too.

Our kicking wasnt great. But in the main it was done off slow ball which I cant complain about too much really. They were mainly up and unders to try and regain possession further up the field but our chase wasnt aggressive enough and Brown dealt with them relatively easily. I think we probably could use Manu and co to take up the ball and try and create some momentum. But Tigers arent as comfortable as playing with the ball in their own half as Quins as it comes with many risks. But Quins were so precise and the brilliant high risk strategy allowed you to control possession for the majority of the game without giving penalties away or making errors and putting yourselves under pressure. The difference for me was precision Quins were almost faultless on the day, Tigers just made too many errors coughing up the ball when they had the chance to create pressure.

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 28 May 2012, 6:28 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Thats gonna be a citing for Manu - worse than Afoa's and Afoa got 4 weeks.

Told ya so Smile

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Mon 28 May 2012, 6:40 pm

nathan wrote:

Few years out of date on that one I think. He did used to have a temper problem on the pitch, but I think it's been 4 years since he was sin-binned now.

Without wanting to get into a slagging match - as no team is ever completely innocent with regards to little niggly incidents - did anyone else think Youngs tried to trip Williams when he scored? Thought it at the time but haven't heard any mention so maybe I'm wrong.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 28 May 2012, 7:05 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:Thats gonna be a citing for Manu - worse than Afoa's and Afoa got 4 weeks.

Told ya so Smile

I can see four weeks again. But I can also see the summer tours coming so a conveniently short ban could be on offer...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 28 May 2012, 7:32 pm

yappysnap wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:

Told ya so Smile

I can see four weeks again. But I can also see the summer tours coming so a conveniently short ban could be on offer...

Yep - particularly if its an English panel making the decision where is this fella Quinlan from?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 29 May 2012, 12:46 pm

thomh wrote:
nathan wrote:

Few years out of date on that one I think. He did used to have a temper problem on the pitch, but I think it's been 4 years since he was sin-binned now.

Without wanting to get into a slagging match - as no team is ever completely innocent with regards to little niggly incidents - did anyone else think Youngs tried to trip Williams when he scored? Thought it at the time but haven't heard any mention so maybe I'm wrong.

i think he still has a temper, but it's not a problem any more as he can control it. I think that's exactly where you need to be for a rugby player.

I did see the Youngs thing at a time, wasn't sure what to make of it. Think it's a little harsh to say he tried to trip him, if he wanted to he would of. I think he either initially thought about it then pulled out or was trying to dummy run to stop him getting behind the posts.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 29 May 2012, 1:10 pm

Youngs didn't actually trip him though, so he at least thought better of it
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 29 May 2012, 4:52 pm

A Quins player put a cheap kick in on Mafi when he scored, it happens all the time. Youngs as has been pointed out did make as if he was going to do something then pulled out. It may have been a cheap shot on his mind, he may have been sizing up a chance for a last ditch effort at tackling the guy...we dont really know what was going through his mind. Hes not one that backs down from the opportunity for some handbags normally though.
Again, if these are the nearest things we can find to controversy in the match then thats a sign of what good spirit it was played in

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Tue 29 May 2012, 4:57 pm

PSW

OK

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down