The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Being Critical of Frampton?

5 posters

Go down

Sky Being Critical of Frampton? Empty Sky Being Critical of Frampton?

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun May 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Thought the commentary was super, super critical of Carl, definitely not one of his greatest performances but they really seemed to dig in at him.

I just thougth he fought well off the back foot and picked his opponent off well, didn't do anything spectacular but Watt and Darke were really having a bit of a go for him, saying that he should be being more TV friendly at this stage of his career.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Sky Being Critical of Frampton? Empty Re: Sky Being Critical of Frampton?

Post by manos de piedra Sun May 27, 2012 7:55 pm

I didnt think they were overly critical I thought they were just highlighting the fact that it wasnt an exciting performance, and trying to indicate how it may be viewed by the crowd as opposed to the purist. Watt actually credited him for boxing with brains although they did highlight he didnt use his jab much which was a fair point. I got the impression they were just stating the obvious in terms of how it wasnt a thrilling performance as opposed to actually criticising him for it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Yeah totally agree, I thought Jim Watt was talking nonsense tbh.

Like I said in a previous thread, Jim Watt is the first person to moan at someone when they have a tear up instead of using their skills.

It was a good experience doing a 12 rounder with a good level opponent. Will do wonders for his confidence.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun May 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Well I thought it was a good performance although I thought Team Frampton over laborated the point of taking on an "unbeaten Mexican"

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sun May 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Frampton boxed well never in any bother and 12 rounds showed there's nothing wrong with his stamina,pretty unforgettable fight mind you.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down