The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Raw (Spoilers)

+6
The Awesome Giz
Beer
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Samo
Mr Video Man
Liam
10 posters

Go down

Thoughts on Raw (Spoilers) Empty Thoughts on Raw (Spoilers)

Post by Liam Tue 29 May 2012, 9:57 am

Well I've watched it quickly this morning so my views may change at the end of the day after I watch again.

Good Points:

-Bryan and Punk put on an excellent show that was given a good 20 mins perhaps longer. It was a pleasant surprise as I thought when I saw that the match was scheduled, I was thinking for sure it would be relatively short, good to see the 'E' giving them the time they deserve.
-Ziggler possibly breaking away from Vickie. We all know its been coming, and I thought it brought out a different side to Dolph's character. Instead of the usually cocky attitude, it was a sign on desperation, the realisation that he needs to move on, I thought it was good anyway.
-CM Punk and big Johnny segment was quite good, even though it did officially squash rumours of a new stable in WWE coming to wwe, the front cover of the game did look good, and the way it was presented over JL's cover was quite funny, as was Punk's comment 'Mine's bigger than yours' laughing
-No Cena
-Christian and Miz's match was quite good, like the feud building between Rhodes and Christian.

Bad Points:

-Big Shows opening segment, which went nearly 15 mins, bored the hell out of me. Why would you give a guy who has already given the reasons for turning heel (Again) and then give him an opening segment of boredom which could have been given to actual wrestling matches. Hell, they could have added it onto the Punk/Bryan match I would have loved it.
-Big Show attacking people. Completely random, stupid idea and its doesn't really do anything for me. I've seen this Big Show before, its nothing new, he dominates for a while until someone comes along and puts him in his place again, which will probably be Cena. I know he's JL's enforcer of some kind, but it really was completely pointless.
-Bryan/Punk not the main event, more to the point, Show/Clay closing the show. I couldn't believe it when that was the 'main event'. It just emphasised how the WWE title is now almost meaningless in the industry now. You had a great match and also the great feud between Bryan and Punk, yet that closes the Show, it could have been done during the slot of the Punk/Bryan match, recapped in between matches saying how he's gone on a rampage and Cena better look out blah blah blah, then have Punk close the show with Bryan with Punk celebrating after hitting Kane with the steel chair, have the banner of the Xbox game come down again, camera zooms out with Punk standing tall with the game in the background, job done, thank you very much, see you next week.
-AJ getting involved in this feud. Its stupid, if she was a Torrie Wilson/Candice Michelle/Trish who had that seductive nature about them, which worked very well during the ruthless aggression era, such as when Trish turned on, ah I can't remember who it was I just remember her screwing over someone and kissing Christian at the top of the stage. It works that way, but AJ looks too young and the innocent slightly creepy obsession disorder they have given her with Bryan and now Punk just doesn't work, the feud doesn't need it and I fear now that at No Way Out, she will have a say in the outcome of the match, either screwing Punk on purpose to get back with Bryan and Bryan wins the belt, or inadvertently costing Punk the belt giving Bryan the win. Either way its not needed and devalues Bryan's title reign imo.

Overall I thought it wasn't the best show in the world but the Christian/Miz match, Punk/Bryan and Ziggler's possible break from Vickie saved the show from being below average imo, I'd give it 5/10.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Raw (Spoilers) Empty Re: Thoughts on Raw (Spoilers)

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 29 May 2012, 10:34 am

the man trish turned on was chris jericho i think at wm20.

and yup i thought raw wasnt great but probably more to do with they dont have any ideas for storylines apart from show cena and punk bryan aj love triangle. overall not a great show i fast forwarded through most of it. punk bryan as ever was a good match the rest was forgettable im talkin 5 minutes later forgettable
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 29 May 2012, 10:39 am

I think it was a good move to use Clay to put Show over. The guys been squashing top talent recently so to see him destroyed the way he was emphasizes Big Shows power.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 10:55 am

Sounds like a x32 to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 12:21 pm

Absolute sh!te

I ain't even a punk fan and can't believe his feud with bryan (over the title no less) is playing second fiddle to this absolute drivel

A chimp could write better shows than what WWE produce

It makes me wonder how guys like JJ, dubs and Mat can produce much higher quality storylines as part of a hobby, than these so called professionals can

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Tue 29 May 2012, 12:24 pm

I think WWE have only got themselves to blame they've built big storys which shouldn't have been over the past few months. When Rock, Lesnar, HHH, taker, Cena, even Tensai in this case - aren't there the roster looks light. this isn't due to lack of talent though but poor booking that has been going on for months.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 29 May 2012, 12:26 pm

gazzyD wrote:Absolute sh!te

I ain't even a punk fan and can't believe his feud with bryan (over the title no less) is playing second fiddle to this absolute drivel

It makes me wonder how guys like JJ, dubs and Mat can produce much higher quality storylines as part of a hobby, than these so called professionals can

*cough*

Laugh

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Tue 29 May 2012, 12:30 pm

Is this saying that JJ, dubs, Mat and that other guy are just chimps?

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 29 May 2012, 12:41 pm

I love the fact now Raw was crap this week everyone will be back on here to complain, when we're all happy everything goes quiet.

But yeah it was awful, I'm sensing this could (and should) be Big Shows last major storyline in WWE unfortunately no one cares. Am I the only person who thinks this Power Struggle storyline has gone on abit to long now, even back when Bischoff was Raw GM his storylines played second fiddle to the title matches, that said it was generally Triple H then Cena in the title picture always back then.

I think Jerichos suspension has thrown a spanner in the works, looks like Orton will be facing Miz at No Way Out, also is Kane still heel or are they trying to turn him tweener? I'm not sure why Dolphs being broken away now, I'm all for it but only if he can actually move on to a good fued, odds are he will face Swagger at No Way Out, then be chucked in the MITB match a month later. AW teesed on twitter he might sign up Dolph to his stable, which might make sense since Mason Ryans been his bodyguard at house shows.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 29 May 2012, 12:55 pm

AntLord wrote:Sounds like a x32 to me!

That was my average. Couple of x16's for tag team match and del rio's and santino. Only bits I watched without fast forwarding were the Punk/Bryan match which was excellent and the Christian/Miz match.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 29 May 2012, 1:37 pm

JJ, Dubs, Mat and Queen Shandy for WWE Creative!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Tue 29 May 2012, 1:40 pm

Poor show, but it will no doubt pick up!

But tbh AJ's involvement is just disturbing to me! She looks like a 12 year old phyco who belongs in a horror film. Half expect her to come out and stab Punk to death if he keeps rejecting her. She shouldn't be anywhere near this or any other storyline. Pack her off to disneyland. Rant over.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 29 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Awfull simply awfull Raw

It makes me so angry that Big Show vs John Cena is going to be the main event at No Way Out. If anyone buys that ppv they are mad. I thought Elimination Chamber was bad enough when Cena faced Kane for the most pointless main event in history but this match is about to take over. Why on earth is it main event??? This is were i really start to hate Cena were he gets main event matches at ppv for know reason.

Despite Big Show wrecking the show some positvies are

Dolph could be breaking away from Vickie and Swagger. Hopefully we can see a Ziggler vs Jack Swagger match at No Way Out with Dolph going onto win the Raw money in the bank match.

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan was another great match but it looks like it will be a tripple threat match at No Way Out including Kane. I acctually dont mind this but hope Punk and Bryan can continue there feud finishing at Summer Slam.

Christian vs The Miz was a good match and the feud with Cody can only get better.

However awfull Raw. WWE please improve. Thank you

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 2:52 pm

King Beer wrote:
gazzyD wrote:Absolute sh!te

*cough*

Laugh

Haha, sorry bud, I'm new to the 6wf side of things Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 6:37 pm

Just finishing it now

So now Shows a heel he can all of a sudden destroy a 22-0 Clay and the tag champs all on his when 2 weeks ago he was a whinging little b!tch who they were using to put heels over with

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 29 May 2012, 11:04 pm

Wow. Big Show must be the most hated wrestler on v2! Even more than John Cena! I must be the only one who is enjoying is heel turn and thinks he is doing it well. Loved the section where he is bullying Santino Marrella and Brodus Clay saves the day. Hoping they can have a proper feud once Show / Cena is done with.

I do agree that the match shouldnt be main eventing No Way Out though.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down