The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Dream Match - Is it possible?

+7
crippledtart
JoshSansom
John-Original Name King
Kay Fabe
theanimal316
David Tails
Bull
11 posters

Go down

2nd Dream Match - Is it possible? Empty 2nd Dream Match - Is it possible?

Post by Bull Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:00 pm

with the rock having a dream match with cena happing could we possibly see RKO/SCSA AT SUMMER SLAM OR NEXT YEARS MANIA ? Viper going one and one against the rattle snake after all this could make orton heel again and going back the being the legend killer once again and why not put him up against one of the greatest legends?? STONE COLD??

also why not have PUNK V SCSA? punks straight edge grimlock vs stone colds alcoholic beer drinking grimlock??

Last edited by TheBrahmaBull on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bull

Back to top Go down

2nd Dream Match - Is it possible? Empty Re: 2nd Dream Match - Is it possible?

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:03 pm

Aren't Austins neck and knees made of cheese strings nowadays?

That would be my one concern...I thought he retired due to medical reasons.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:05 pm

The match could be softened down to suit Stone colds neck

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:09 pm

Would love to see it but I just can't see Austin doing it. Would be awesome if he stunnered Randy out of the blue on Raw one week

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:12 pm

Austin isn't as brokendown as some would have you believe, the broken neck restricted him but it didn't finish him, he left because he became bitter about the business, made a decision to call it quits and stubborness kept him away from a match, Rocky being back may just be the factor that Austin wanted to maybe take the plunge, don't want to see him and Orton tho, would rather see him and Punk

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:14 pm

yeah the-gaffer i do see where your coming from for punk/cold as they did have that twitter war thing

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:15 pm

That's interesting Gaffer good to know. I thought from his book he was pretty much done physically, especialyl since he nearly died the night before WM 19. He looks in great shape now though, I would mark out so much if he ever won the title again

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:44 pm

The WWE have tried for a while to style Orton on Austin and IMO have failed, if the put the two of them together i think it would highlight how far away Orton is away in promo and presence

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Wed 06 Apr 2011, 1:53 am

Orton? Are you kidding me? If Austin came back for one match, it should be Punk. Punk would make it epic. Come out and badmouth SCSA for his beer drinking ways. Would be sick.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Apr 2011, 3:50 am

I'd love to see the materal Austin and Punk would come up with in a feud

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:47 am

Could Austin "do a Michaels"... i.e. take about five years off to recover from injuries and then come back onto the roster?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:02 am

I'd rather they built new stars so they didn't have to keep bringing back people from the Attitude Era.

Austin for me has lost all his mystique anyway, he turned into a parody of himself long ago. He might be able to manage another match or two but he will never be as good as he was.

I think it would be a mistake to concentrate too much on Rock and Austin and it would hold down potential breakout stars. It would be akin to bringing back Bob Backlund to win the title just as Bret Hart was catching on.

Oh, wait a minute...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:27 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I'd rather they built new stars so they didn't have to keep bringing back people from the Attitude Era.

Austin for me has lost all his mystique anyway, he turned into a parody of himself long ago. He might be able to manage another match or two but he will never be as good as he was.

I think it would be a mistake to concentrate too much on Rock and Austin and it would hold down potential breakout stars. It would be akin to bringing back Bob Backlund to win the title just as Bret Hart was catching on.

Oh, wait a minute...

Good point, but surely its perfectly possible to do both? As long as Rock and (potentially) Austin are kept away from the title scene (unless they're back for a long run, in which-case I see no problem with it as long as they feuded with another youngster eventually), then their drawing power can still be exploited while the young talent is nurtured through use of the titles Very Happy

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:29 am

I'm actually wondering now if next Mania is going down this line of PG era v Attitude era, to actually sell it on that basis of old v new.

Rock v Cena

Austin being more and more active so the potential v Punk

Taker v Orton

Jericho v Miz

HHH v Barrett

Edge & Christian v Morrison & Kingston

Mysterio (yeah I know he debuted post Attitude) v Sin Cara

Angle??? v Bryan & Swagger

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:39 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I'd rather they built new stars so they didn't have to keep bringing back people from the Attitude Era.

Oh, wait a minute...

I've said for a long time now that Austin became a parody of himself, now that being said, at WrestleMania he just seemed different, more serious and dedicated, follow that on to what he did on RAW the following night and I really wouldn't be adverse to seeing him have one last match, I don't know what it is, be it Rock being back or him just giving it his all, but he definitely looked more Austin that he has done in about 10 years IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

Hero wrote:I'm actually wondering now if next Mania is going down this line of PG era v Attitude era, to actually sell it on that basis of old v new.

Rock v Cena

Taker v Orton

Jericho v Miz

HHH v Barrett

I don't think they will do that to be honest, I think they will just try and keep Rock/Cena as seperate as possible from anything else they do on the show, they might use that "Generations collide" angle to sell the event but I think that would only be for that one match

I'd love to see a Goldbergesque push on SmackDown for Sheamus after he is written off TV for a couple of months following his draft to SmackDown! have it revealed that The Corre where behind it and after going through everyone and having a ridiculous unbeaten streak he finally lands the WHC Title shot against Wade Barrett that Barrett was trying to deny him of at WrestleMania XXVIII

I'd book Barrett to win the WHC around Survivor Series and in doing so sell the fact that since he came to the WWE he has beaten so many former Champions like John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Edge, The Big Show, Kane and The Undertaker, having himalked about as going over so many past World Champions will sell the fact he is really deserving

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:55 am

Hero wrote:I'm actually wondering now if next Mania is going down this line of PG era v Attitude era, to actually sell it on that basis of old v new.

Rock v Cena

Taker v Orton

Jericho v Miz

HHH v Barrett

What a card mate thumbsup

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 06 Apr 2011, 10:03 am

Rock v Cena

Taker v Orton

Jericho v Miz

HHH v Barrett

That's too good actually... Out of the four hour show I think there would be a maximum of two hours of action. This would mean (roughly)...

Cena v Rock (25mins)
Austin v Punk (15mins)
Taker v Orton (30mins)
Jericho v Miz (15mins)
HHH v Barrett (20mins)
E&C v M&K (10mins)
Mysterio v Sin Cara (10mins)
Angle & Shamrock?? v Bryan & Swagger (10mins)

Those would be (imo) the minimum match lengths you would want... and that is already in excess of 2 hours and doesn't allow any room for Lawler v Cole II in a 60min iron man match or Vickie Guerrero v Snooki Last Dwarf Standing etc.

Essentially you are too sensible for the WWE

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 06 Apr 2011, 12:27 pm

Cheers for the compliments on the matches. I missed off Sheamus, McIntyre and Rhodes though, somehow I'd add them in as well (and possibly a Lita v Beth Phoenix match, getting back Chyna would be a struggle)
Tried to pair people that I think would work well together, the tag match I'd have as at least a ladder match.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 06 Apr 2011, 2:22 pm

Great fantasy card hero....

I would be tempted to swap Orton and Punk so we have Taker vs Punk and Austin vs Orton, only for the reason Orton Taker has been done before. And although HHH and HBK had 2 shots at the streak, I don't think Orton can pull off the belief he might actualy end it, unless he went back to the ruthless legend killer

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 06 Apr 2011, 2:45 pm

i did read an interview with austin a few years ago where he said he could do 3 more matches if he wished

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 06 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

i would love to see Orton have a go at the streak again but only if he was the legend killer and was cable of beating the streak storyline wise and yeah i would watch mania if we had old v new great card hero

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:18 pm

I don't hold Orton in a high enough regard for him to take on the Streak. He's bland and boring. No personality and no charisma. He can sometimes pull off intense...but that is rare.

I don't personally think he should be anywhere near the streak again.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:33 pm

How about Punk v Taker after all Punk screwed taker and have taker looking for revenge

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down