The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians

+24
johnpartle
mystiroakey
justified sinner
ultra
gelodge
Janecory
timhen
Biltong
Pal Joey
kiakahaaotearoa
Morgannwg
munkian
wales606
fa0019
BoyneRFC
geoff998rugby
LordDowlais
RubyGuby
thomh
clivemcl
mckay1402
Cymroglan
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
anotherworldofpain
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 Empty If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 31 May 2012, 7:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Will this be indicator of Wales have less depth than England?

England were destroy the Barbarians team last week with second strength side. Wales also name a less strength side with most first choosing combinator getting ready to flying. If Wales don't matching this job then will mean Welsh rugby is weaker? or mean the Barbarians coaching more and drink less beer?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 Empty Re: If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians

Post by wales606 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:55 am

mystiroakey wrote:
wales606 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
timhen wrote:Surely it's clear to all that the Baa-Baas side set to face Wales' 8th string would be good enough to win a World Cup whilst the in no way similar side that England faced wouldn't be capable of beating Finland.

#EARexcusesLY

Where did you finish in the 6 Nations again???

Also, hi nottins/englandrugbyfan Smile. I hope you enjoyed your short stay with V2 because by dawn you'll be banned again. Go and find a life, and a personality if possible. Grand Slams in 2005, 08 and 12 plus a better world cup finish than England must really wind you up. If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 810156456

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 1606482304

are you being ironic dude?

Definition of ironic.
1. The use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

1. Please describe where in the above post Irony was used
2. I get annoyed at people who don't understand the meaning of the word 'Irony'

ermm so you strangely(ironic in your sense- get it) only posted one definition of irony - which is more linked to how we describe sarchasm.

"a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
"

your post was contradictary through 'character' and development- you said others should get a life- yet your post was as childish as it gets.

For starters you are replying to two seperate posters.

Also those definitions only apply to story arc development in literature. Im fairly sure nobody on this board is creating a story arc with characters and plot (potentially discounting AWOP), so those definitions are void.

Also its Sarcasm.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 Empty Re: If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:55 am

Going to knit-pick now, what is 'sarchasm' Wink. Just kidding I see what you meant. You obviously aren't familiar with nottins from the old 606 and for a short period on V2, otherwise you wouldn't have called me up on it.

Whilst you brought it up, I find your post calling my post childish extremely contradictary. Your postings on another England Wales thread yesterday are childish and not very witty, a bit like all your comments. Are you actually 34?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:57 am

Morgannwg wrote:Going to knit-pick now, what is 'sarchasm' Wink. Just kidding I see what you meant. You obviously aren't familiar with nottins from the old 606 and for a short period on V2, otherwise you wouldn't have called me up on it.

Whilst you brought it up, I find your post calling my post childish extremely contradictary. Your postings on another England Wales thread yesterday are childish and not very witty, a bit like all your comments. Are you actually 34?

Thank you.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:58 am

If you cant apply irony then thats your bad pal.

If you act in a headmaster style way- but you are dressed like a school kid- that is ironic.

If you tell someone to get a life in a childish manor that is also ironic.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:01 am

wales606 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Going to knit-pick now, what is 'sarchasm' Wink. Just kidding I see what you meant. You obviously aren't familiar with nottins from the old 606 and for a short period on V2, otherwise you wouldn't have called me up on it.

Thank you.

so are you trying to tell me that your post wasnt childish? and that the above also isnt. You allways get personal dude. I dont. You allways go to far pal. Just chill and relax for once in your life

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:06 am

Here you go being boring again.

Act your age...not your shoe size!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:06 am

If you act in a headmaster style way- but you are dressed like a school kid- that is ironic.

Yep, that would be a decent use of the word irony.

However, if you can see what someone on this forum is wearing, I would be concerned

And these days the correct term is "headteacher" - political correctness is like normal correctness, but political.

Not really. Some children have very exciting lives. Telling someone to "get a life" is in-fact a fairly childish comeback used when one or more parties are completely incapable of winning the other over with reasonable debate, or willing to let something go and get on with their lives and realise that other people hold different opinions to them (and ability lacking in children, with young children completely unable to understand the concept of others also thinking).
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:07 am

again lol- ohh the irony If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 3497602689

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:09 am

mystiroakey wrote:
wales606 wrote:

Thank you.

so are you trying to tell me that your post wasnt childish? and that the above also isnt. You allways get personal dude. I dont. You allways go to far pal. Just chill and relax for once in your life

I really think you are confusing me with the other poster you are arguing with.

I am mearly here to point out the difference between irony, contradiction and coincidence. Oh...and to teach people to spell "lose".

I will applaud any correct use of the above and admonish any errors. (particularly when made by me)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:10 am

wales606 wrote:

Yep, that would be a decent use of the word irony.

However, if you can see what someone on this forum is wearing, I would be concerned

And these days the correct term is "headteacher" - political correctness is like normal correctness, but political.

Not really. Some children have very exciting lives. Telling someone to "get a life" is in-fact a fairly childish comeback used when one or more parties are completely incapable of winning the other over with reasonable debate, or willing to let something go and get on with their lives and realise that other people hold different opinions to them (and ability lacking in children, with young children completely unable to understand the concept of others also thinking).

shall we agree to stop nitpicking and also agree that the baabaas will beat wales on saturday If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 769663

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:13 am

wales606 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
wales606 wrote:

Thank you.

I really think you are confusing me with the other poster you are arguing with.

I am mearly here to point out the difference between irony, contradiction and coincidence. Oh...and to teach people to spell "lose".

I will applaud any correct use of the above and admonish any errors. (particularly when made by me)

wales606 yes i was offcourse talking to mog- no confusion tho just lazy qouting

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:17 am

Well now that everyone has been educated as to the proper use of the word irony and how to spell "lose" I shall be on my way.

Wumming wums and arguments is actually quite fun - I might have to try it again sometime zen

To bed!

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 Smiley-sleep012
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:18 am

mystiroakey wrote:

Wasn't, isn't, always, don't, always, too.

I'll be chilled on the weekend. Also, I can't see where I got personal with anyone. All I did was point out a fact or two about another poster who a few of us are, unfortunately, too familiar with.

mystiroakey wrote:

shall we agree to stop nitpicking and also agree that the baabaas will beat wales on saturday If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 769663

Why would we agree that the baabaa's would beat the best team in the rugby world?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:21 am

I didn't realise Wales A was "the best team in the rugby world" Wink

Roll on Saturday..... the game is on Saturday, no?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:23 am

yeah well ok fine- you allways bring age in to stuff- yawn. yes i am 34 and yes i cant spell. ffs.

And yes i only pointed out irony for a bite!!!

so yep i am just as bad and bored

but offcourse the baas will win. they are gonna be well up for it- gonna be a good game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:28 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Will this be indicator of Wales have less depth than England?

England were destroy the Barbarians team last week with second strength side. Wales also name a less strength side with most first choosing combinator getting ready to flying. If Wales don't matching this job then will mean Welsh rugby is weaker? or mean the Barbarians coaching more and drink less beer?

Is it Hersh? Is it IrishMickey? Is it Steviegen? Its a Welshman imo. For sure.

One thing's for sure, its a English-speaking poster with an inner-problem.

Aren't forums just great for dis kinda ting?

He's a disturbed eejit.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:29 am

Can i just point out that i am starting to like the character AWOP.But if his english gets better than mine i will turn on him like a wild beast

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:30 am

Its Mysti!

Brilliant. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:31 am

Line Breaker. Well now you know, right? English posters tell you often enough that Wales are the best team in the rugby world Wink, I guess it eases the pain of losing to us.

Do you think your beloved Wallabies are prepared to face the best team in the world? Wink

Last edited by Morgannwg on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:31 am

ha ha

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:32 am

No. Its Morgan!

Now that would make sense. He's a proper tart.
Running out of options here folks.

Who needs a virtual cuddle?

I know who he is. So easy.

Can you guess who it is children?

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:34 am

lay of that sour diesel Gib and stick to thai pal, your losing it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:35 am

Gibson, speaking of eejits on forums did you ever wonder what happened to the Grey ghost ?

drumroll
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:36 am

Man. Morgan. You reckon bud?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:38 am

Yes, but we get told off via PM's for make speak of it censored.

ghost
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:42 am

Hopefully they're as prepared as can be, Morgann.

I'm more worried about our B+ Wallabies stumbling in Newcastle, tbh.
I just have a funny feeling about mid-week games... that's all... but kia has assured me they won't fall into the Samoa Trap as Robbie has plastered the training room walls with pictures of Alesana Tuilagi's footprints.

Have your lads arrived here yet?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:44 am

Morgannwg wrote:Yes, but we get told off via PM's for make speak of it censored.

ghost

Laugh guinness

I am not knowing. I just come to your principality to learn. Then, I learn you no cuuuntry. Just an annexe of Engerland. Feed dem Cheryl coal and water and soldiers to die for Engerlands glory and proffit. And dat is whi yu like beating them at the only ting you can do it at. Do I make big mis take here?

Is History of not?

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:46 am

lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:47 am

but it is correct offcourse, no mis take there

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:48 am

I'm unsure of the arrival date LB. It may be this weekend.
I think whichever Aus team is out on the field will be more than handy, with the capabilities of beating Wales 3-0 in the test series. I would have some concern about the preperation, fitness and conditioning of the Aus team though as I understand the players would have been put through a lot of high intensity rugby.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:53 am

I like dat Wales & Scotlands and speshially Nron Iron (big racists) do not go to Poljraknie for de soccerballs. Much racists. Like Engerland and Cardiff in de 70's.
Millwall = mush badness.

No goodeness. Bad peoples.

Ladyboys not allowed. Dat is mee out. No happy. But will still were hi heels. In privat. Yu know.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:56 am

naughty boy talking about football gibbo. Dats way to off topic for dis thread. You have almost got it down tho. are you sure its not yous

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:58 am

Way off topic?

Yer havin a phhokin giraffe Mysti.

Just watching the Panorama prog on it now. Scary shoite.

It should be talked about. Even worse than Bwitain in the 70's and 80's.

Sol Campbell is roysh. DONT travel.

Lots of Paddys will. But they are not tanned or openly gay. They will shaag both countries. At a cost.

Its disgraceful man. Im glad I live in a civilised country.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:00 am

The high intensity rugby is good though... it's just that we can't seem to keep the same Test team for consecutive matches (however far apart they are).

You've probably noticed we don't talk too much about it (check out the Ireland thread in comparison) simply because we have been hit so hard with injuries of late and us fans are in the dark. Nobody really knows what the team will walk out next week... let alone in two/three weeks time.

We are forced to take big risks and experiment with uncapped players (for Scotland at least)... but we tend to just wing it and hope for the best. I think there is some young talent coming through - coping well in SXV and hardly short of confidence and skill - but can they make the step up to International rugby? I must say that I am not too worried. It could be a mini disaster or they could shine on the bigger stage.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:04 am

Gibson wrote:Way off topic?

Just wathing the Panorama prog on it now. Scary shoite.

Yeah i am watching it for the second time. good watch. Been chatting about it loads on the footy boards

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:17 am

mystiroakey wrote:
Gibson wrote:Way off topic?

Just wathing the Panorama prog on it now. Scary shoite.

Yeah i am watching it for the second time. good watch. Been chatting about it loads on the footy boards

Its bad news bud. I despise organised ignorance. Think Hitler. And that is what UEFA have bought into here man. Must kick on over to the soccerball board. If only to wind the hapless Paddies & Engerrish up

HUP Holland!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by johnpartle Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:04 am

wales606 wrote:
johnpartle wrote:
wales606 wrote:
timhen wrote:Surely it's clear to all that the Baa-Baas side set to face Wales' 8th string would be good enough to win a World Cup whilst the in no way similar side that England faced wouldn't be capable of beating Finland.

Exactly Whistle

Although seriously, the Baabaas team is slightly stronger and better prepared, the Wales team is slightly weaker. To the level that a win will be a good achievement and a loss would be disappointing but not surprising.

Also, nobody seems to be mentioning that the Baabaas beat Ireland on Tuesday.

Is it? They should certainly be better prepared with a few weeks and games under their belt, but in terms of starting personnel whilst they gain in the new wings they lose out with the changes to their front five. And as Geloge pointed out, if Donald gets injured or tires who is going to take over at 10, Tindall?

Duncan Jones was stronger than Tialata off the bench vs England

M.O'Driscoll has forced Van Zyl onto the bench

Richie Rees is out to prove a point to Howley and I think will be more dangerous than Lawson.

To be honest I don't know much about the other baabaas forwards, although they may well lose some scrummaging with Smit replacing Afoa (but then when do the baabaas bother with scrums anyway)

My opinion would be that Tialata-Smit-Afoa would be better than Jones-August-Smit at the scrum and around the park, Tialata & Afoa are more physical and a reasonable bit younger and more dynamic.

I don't think there is much forcing people onto the bench in the Barbarians, it's more about giving everyone a decent go. Plus this will be Van Zyl's third game in under a week and he started the other two, so he wasn't likely to start this.

johnpartle

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:35 am

viewtothegym wrote:Some real fools claim go be rugby fans, the logic of this article is beyond flawed,
No two games are ever the same for a start!
Also check the baa baa team sheet a far superior baa baa team will be playing wales, shane and isa ups the baa baa try scoring ability up by 90%

But this is convention agreement for decide competition without bonus point such as 6N. Is about which team winning by more margin than the other team accumulate. Such things as when Wales finish second equal but then on the table going to 4th by different points for. There is usual for team changing one week and next week and next week in 6N but still using the method. So I think is a fair question.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:36 am

I still dont understand the title of the thread... Headscratch

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:41 am

clivemcl wrote:I still dont understand the title of the thread... Headscratch

I'll try to help. Wink

If Wales doesn't thrash the barbarians with a second string combination after the Barbarians have now had two tweeks and two matches of playing and training together, then ...................................Nah, I got nothing. Erm
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:55 am

I is not having understooded what is is going to said...

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:46 am

clivemcl wrote:I is not having understooded what is is going to said...

raspberry Oh, go Flip yourself.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:03 am

................. = wales prove to be worse than england

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:06 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:
clivemcl wrote:I is not having understooded what is is going to said...

raspberry Oh, go Flip yourself.

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 Roflbl10 nice comeback there, anotherworldofpain. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:21 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Will this be indicator of Wales have less depth than England?

Congratulations for posting in English as it is clearly not your first language.

Your point is a good one. I looked the Wales team to face the Barbarians and I thought "is that all we have left". I think the BaBas will will comfortably, and blow the misconception that we have great strength in depth out of the water. It will be interesting to see how the young loosehead being played on the tight goes.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

I think John Kirwan will be coaching in Wales very soon.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

If Wales Not Thrashing Barbarians - Page 3 1347041234

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

biltongbek wrote:
clivemcl wrote:I still dont understand the title of the thread... Headscratch

I'll try to help. Wink

If Wales doesn't thrash the barbarians with a second string combination after the Barbarians have now had two tweeks and two matches of playing and training together, then ...THE WORLD WILL END

Ermm, I think that right.

We should be ok though, because I have heard from a reliable source (2000 year old Mayan prophecies) that the World isn't ending until November 2012 - probably when the entire all-black team try to stop George North running forwards causing them to collapse into a singularity and create a black hole.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:17 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:I think John Kirwan will be coaching in Wales very soon.

+1

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

Congrats to AWOP - his last two posts (or retorts) have been almost perfect colloquial English!

Wonder why he can't do that all the time...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next