The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jeff: Bigger is better?

+4
Feckless Rogue
The Great Aukster
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Portnoy
8 posters

Go down

Taking all things into considerration (League position, European club success, England success etc.) the Aviva should comprise:

The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_lcap24%The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_lcap18%The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_lcap29%The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_lcap12%The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_lcap0%The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_lcap12%The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_lcap5%The Jeff: Bigger is better? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 17

The Jeff: Bigger is better? Empty The Jeff: Bigger is better?

Post by Portnoy Thu 31 May 2012, 5:02 pm

What do you think?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

The Jeff: Bigger is better? Empty Re: The Jeff: Bigger is better?

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 31 May 2012, 5:06 pm

Portnoy, I've gone for 'Other' simply cos I have no idea what manner of self-interest will drive the clubs' CEOs when they come to consider all the numptiness that is the agreement between RFU/PRL/clubs - sorry

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Thu 31 May 2012, 5:16 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Portnoy, I've gone for 'Other' simply cos I have no idea what manner of self-interest will drive the clubs' CEOs when they come to consider all the numptiness that is the agreement between RFU/PRL/clubs - sorry

I'm asking for your opinion not to pre-empt and go along with CEOs.

Unless I misread it, you are uncharacteristically fudging.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 31 May 2012, 5:20 pm

Ah, right you are. I'm not that bothered about the numbers tbh - I think there are more pressing problems to sort out, which we've discussed elsewhere

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 31 May 2012, 6:12 pm

What's the context?

If there are fewer teams and therefore fewer games, will there be an additional competition?
If there are more games does that mean the LV is canned? More teams does that mean no promotion or more promotion?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Thu 31 May 2012, 6:34 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:What's the context?

If there are fewer teams and therefore fewer games, will there be an additional competition?
If there are more games does that mean the LV is canned? More teams does that mean no promotion or more promotion?

Fewer teams mean fewer games within IWs GtAuk. Cup and other meaningless games can pad the schedule.

Fewer teams makes JeffdivII more competitive. Highest team with ground (existing or pre-specified) gets promoted (with or without playoffs).

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Thu 31 May 2012, 6:55 pm

I think more teams is good for the clubs finances. Fewer teams is probably better for England, as it would ease the strain on top flight squads and reduce the number of games England internationals play. Since I like the idea of test rugby taking prominence, I went for fewer.

I also think reducing the number of AP teams to 10, plus increasing Englands HC representation to 8, would significantly reduce the difficulty in qualifying for Europe's top cross border competition, and level the playing field in that regard with the PRO12. Without meddling in how PRO12 teams qualify.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 31 May 2012, 7:11 pm

More games means more wonga, simples! Very Happy

(I went more then 12 teams)

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Thu 31 May 2012, 7:16 pm

yappysnap wrote:More games means more wonga, simples! Very Happy

More games means fewer classy sides yappy.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 31 May 2012, 7:32 pm

Portnoy wrote:
yappysnap wrote:More games means more wonga, simples! Very Happy

More games means fewer classy sides yappy.

Well, considering ye Jeff lot are always droning on about how relegation and promotion makes the Jeff better than the PRO12 (its patently not) how can you even dare to ask this question?
Ergo - REDUCE the teams in the Jeff. Expanding it would be sheer folly.

I hope London Welsh win their case. Its a ridiculous situation. Sort that one out 1st, then ask the same question.

Love you.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Thu 31 May 2012, 7:33 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Ah, right you are. I'm not that bothered about the numbers tbh - I think there are more pressing problems to sort out, which we've discussed elsewhere

If Wasps, Newcastle, Bristol, London Welsh, Pirates, Leeds, Nottingham, Rotherham, London Scottish etc. can't provide a decent league with improved crowds in the Championship then I'd be enormously surprised.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:45 am

I'm not an English club supporter but i reckon the Jeff should expand to 14/15 teams with relegation closed for at least 3 years.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 11 Jun 2012, 9:59 am

I'm sitting on all the fences. Fewer teams would mean all games would be meaningful and less clashes with internationals. But club supporters will see through any alternative cups added to pad out the fixture list, so finances will suffer. Fewer teams would increase the quality of the championship, but it would need to be financially supported by the jeff otherwise it would just create an elite few teams.

More teams would get rid of the LV and thus make the whole season competitive and of interest. More top flight teams should impprove the quality of EQPs as more are playing in these games. But with the injury levells increasing do we actually need more competitive games?

The current set up is OK, and I have to agree with ASBO, there are more pressing issues that need to be addressed first.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down