The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians

+14
sugarNspikes
mystiroakey
Biltong
maestegmafia
Shifty
Knowsit17
wales606
Smirnoffpriest
ultra
majesticimperialman
Mr Bounce
Morgannwg
kiakahaaotearoa
anotherworldofpain
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians - Page 2 Empty If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

So! I get a lot of angry message about my last discussion on Wales and the Barbarian. It was suggest to me that I must even up some balance and make a positive article on my new neighbourds of Wales and they're exciting new combinator.

I think is fair and so I make this post to say the opposite to last time. WHAT does it meaning if Wales THRASH the Barbarians?

Well, some opinion over from Wales is that some unstoppable changing of the world order about rugby power is already in place. "when a second string welsh side beat, with some comfort, a star studded team made up predominantly of SH players, it will be further evidence that the winds of rugby change are slowly starting to blow northwards. A couple of good shows in the next few weeks by our collective young guns and the gentle breeze may soon be a full on gale!"

Although they stopping short about predicts already victory for Wales over Australia.

So if Wales DO beating the barbarians and make a "good showing" about Australia (Maybe you can interpret for me in colloquial) is the opinion correct? Does it mean NH will be rising up in ascention and SH teams in the unascention?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians - Page 2 Empty Re: If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:16 pm

Enforcer wrote:If you class it as fundamental then that's your prerogative, I disagree and asked you not to keep bringing it up.

I felt that the two of you were bickering and decided to red pen and let it all stand. You called somebody a 'pretender', that they were 'acting their shoe size' and accused them of 'childishly trolling'. Pretty sure those posts are still on the board too?

I'm Welsh and had a polite conversation, Wales606 and Smirnoff have also made points about the game without any arguments. Ask yourself if you're letting personal feelings about a poster affect the way you treat all of their posts. It is easy to do, I've done it before and make an effort not to now.

To be fair I have polite conversations with other posters who want it, but there are many (such as the OP) who post just to wind up and create bickering threads - I try and ignore them, but sometimes try (and usually fail) to call them on their pathetic posts without getting dragged in to the bickering.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians - Page 2 Empty Re: If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians

Post by Enforcer Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

That is all you can do - I'd rather a forum where threads like this are 'taken over' by people having discussions than threads disappear all the time. Finding a line to judge what should stay is hard, self moderating by ignoring idiots is the future!!

The above has nothing to do with the fact that it also makes the mods lives easier Whistle

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:26 pm

I think we can all agree England smashing the Ba ba's means little, Ireland losing to them means little, and Wales smashing them or losing to them means...?

Where is the discussion?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:27 pm

I do not think you can read anything at all into matches against the Barbarians. It is a good experience for young players to be involved in the set-up, but other than that it is a bit of fluff at the end of the season designed to make money for the respective unions. Most unions indulge in a certain level of cynical marketing to help sell the matches.

However should Wales win by lots there will be a lot of rather silly triumpant crowing. Should they lose there will be an equal amount of obnoxious derogotary posts. It is sad that so many reasonable discussions are sidetracked by the eejits - but that is life on t'internet.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:27 pm

Enforcer wrote:If you class it as fundamental then that's your prerogative, I disagree and asked you not to keep bringing it up.

I felt that the two of you were bickering and decided to red pen and let it all stand. You called somebody a 'pretender', that they were 'acting their shoe size' and accused them of 'childishly trolling'. Pretty sure those posts are still on the board too?

I'm Welsh and had a polite conversation, Wales606 and Smirnoff have also made points about the game without any arguments. Ask yourself if you're letting personal feelings about a poster affect the way you treat all of their posts. It is easy to do, I've done it before and make an effort not to now.

Yeah, after the poster who was trolling continued to troll and called me a child. My point was my posts get wiped out within 60 seconds, that's inconsistent. Don't tell me a mod is going to go Holly Wilaboobie for tat with me now?

There is already a sensible article discussing the game where said posters have commented.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:29 pm

Enforcer, I'm not sure why t it for ta t got cencsored, but it should be where Holly Wilaboobie is.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:37 pm

Whether Wales B thrash or get stuffed by the BaaBaas I will not care as I will not have shelled out money for this pantomime.
I can remember when Baa-Baas 'games mattered,though the memory is fading!
Dont you just love pro Rugby.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:38 pm

I'm not going Fearne Cotton for tat Smile with you, I'm disagreeing that doesn't mean I'm squaring up to you or anything. You seem to have taken my posts personally.

I'm taking this thread on it's merits, in the context I didn't feel anything needed editing or removing. If the disagreement had been more heated or gone on for longer I may have acted differently. All threads are looked at separately for basic mod actions. It is only in the case of repeated problems that further action needs to be consisted.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:46 pm

I didn't think anything needed editing/removing, just pointing it out. Just like I pointed out a fundamental error earlier on.

Very Happy
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:47 pm

Please, let the damn bone go Sad

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:48 pm

Enforcer wrote:That is all you can do - I'd rather a forum where threads like this are 'taken over' by people having discussions than threads disappear all the time. Finding a line to judge what should stay is hard, self moderating by ignoring idiots is the future!!

The above has nothing to do with the fact that it also makes the mods lives easier If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians - Page 2 590675

yeah you are right- let em live, most turn out decent in the end

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I didn't think anything needed editing/removing, just pointing it out. Just like I pointed out a fundamental error earlier on.

Very Happy

how have i got to you so much pal!! come on If Wales DO Thrash The Barbarians - Page 2 346548009

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

Urm mysti, going by your comments I think that's the other way around...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:09 pm

awwww.. your kinda sweet. My gf gets like this, she doesnt forget either

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:24 pm

This is another one of your posts I don't understand mysti (we discussed this last night). Anyway, you can have this article, I'm done with it. Now everyone give the 34 year old child a clap for getting the last word in.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:08 am

Says the person who posted again to get the last word? You were told to drop the ' fundamental error' and didn't. I get the last word and that is:
Learn to drop something when told.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2