The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How and why Manny Pacquiao will beat Timothy Bradley

+2
mobilemaster8
JabMachineMK2
6 posters

Go down

How and why Manny Pacquiao will beat Timothy Bradley Empty How and why Manny Pacquiao will beat Timothy Bradley

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

Afternoon gents,

After reading AlexHuckerbys analysis, I thought I'd drop in one of my own - Manny Pacquiao will win this by the 11th round. The way it'll be done is it'll be stopped due to constant punishment.

I've seen Timothy Bradley box and to be honest, I'm not impressed. I feel he's vastly over rated based on the opponents he's faced. Seven of his opponents have had to stop fighting because of cuts. The guy headbutts - its well known and it will be watched in this fight - the referee won't stand for it and that'll force Bradley to do what he's never done, and thats to box.

Pacquaio is the benchmark for workrate in recent times. Floyd Mayweather while I feel is a better all around boxer, doesn't throw as many as Manny. Mayweathers opponents tend to get hit too, whereas Manny's can't really be described as "targets" - Mosely was nullified by workrate alone. Clottey was made to look poor by Manny's workrate. Cotto was battered and bruised because of the volume of punches. Although yes - Marquez should have won the last fight and Manny didn't look his best, there is the fact that ringside punch stats showed Pacquiao landing more strikes, 176 to 138, and landing more power punches, 117 to 100.

Bradley doesn't have the ability to defend himself enough against the relentless assault Pacquiao will put forward. Its Pacquaio's first opponent thats under 30 for nearly 3 years, its the first time out since people have openly disputed his win over Marquez, and his desire to continue so we'll see a different Pacquaio than we've seen before. Bradley hasn't faced anyone in the same class as Pacquiao. Devon Alexander is his best win and Bradley isn't a knockout artist, so those with illusions of a Bradley win by KO - go and look in the mirror.

Pacquiao will control this from the off. The first 2 rounds will show Bradley with a tight defense, trying to swing that overhand right onto Pacquaio who won't be there, Pacquiao will cut inside, Bradley will be warned multiple times for use of the head and then it'll be a slow beatdown as a spirited Bradley has no answer to the speed and power of Pacquiao. If not an early KO, then Pacquaio in the later rounds. it won't go to decision as Bradley will be in scary territory after being hit constantly for 10+ rounds.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

How and why Manny Pacquiao will beat Timothy Bradley Empty Re: How and why Manny Pacquiao will beat Timothy Bradley

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 1:28 pm

Pacman via contraversial decision

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

How and why Manny Pacquiao will beat Timothy Bradley Empty Re: How and why Manny Pacquiao will beat Timothy Bradley

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 1:47 pm

I've said from the off that Bradley has only two hopes of winning this; Bob and no.

To say I'm surprised at the amount of people picking Bradley is an understatement. If I was surprised at that, then I'm nothing short of amazed at the number of people picking him to do it by stoppage.

Pacquiao is just too good for him, even if he has slid a little over the past couple of years. As I said on another thread, the build up to this fight reminds me of that before the David Diaz fight back in 2008. Just as he is now, Manny was coming in off the back of a questionable decision win against Marquez, and likewise there were whispers circulating that Diaz would be too much of a bully, that he'd caught Manny at the right time, that Manny's eye was no longer on the ball and so on.

We all know what happened when the fight actually got underway and, while Bradley is certainly more apt at keeping things less emphatic, I can't see anything other than a similar story here.

Bradley isn't a great outside fighter - he's not going to outjab Manny, and nor does he have any great movement or variety when he comes in. He doesn't hit as hard, throws less, is untested at 147 lb - he's not going to win, sorry to say fellas! In retrospect, perhaps we shouldn't have been so surprised that Manny was made to look off-colour against Marquez, and I can't help but feel that people are just reading far, far too much in to it. Even before then, while Pacquiao was largely derided for his showing against Mosley, it was still a better display than all but a very select handful of Bradley's.

Pacquiao to win this one very convincingly, not a single shred of doubt in my mind - and I fully expect you lads to remember that quote and duly cut me to ribbons if, by some unfathomable freak occurence Bradley does pull off the upset!

Either a wide, wide decision or a late TKO, in round eleven or so. Can't quite make up my mind yet.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

Have to give Chris the poison chalice and agree with him.

Bradley is a very good fighter. Manny is an exceptional fighter. Nothing Bradley does is special, except for the use of his head. A very good all rounder with no exceptional big shot to make his stand out from the crowd.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:16 pm

Pacquiao by KO all day long, Pacquiao is just a better fighter and in a different class.

I think too many people are jumping on the bandwagon after Marquez showed Pacquiao up. I picked Marquez to win, but that was purely because he knew exactly how to fight Pacquiao, having fought him twice before and is an excellent counter puncher. Also I watched many youtube videos of people exposing the myths that Pacquiao has improved as a fighter and now has a right hand as good as his left.

That being said Bradley isn't in Pacquiao's class and although its a great fight on paper, there is going to be a huge gulf in levels. Sometimes people look at fighters in black and white, where this person has these skills so he will be able to use them against this fighter in this way. That does work in theory, but only if their isn't a massive gulf in levels.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:38 pm

Battle of the Big Heads!!!

Manny KO between rounds 6-10
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:40 pm

I love how I've made the article and Az credits his agreement to Chris.....odd.

Not deriving from Chris' very thoughtful and correct analysis however.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:45 pm

What's odd about it? I've said all along that Manny beats Tim every day and twice on sunday.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:32 pm

But you agree with Chris and not me - looks odd.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down