The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread

+60
JDizzle
belovedfrosties
ChequeredJersey
gelodge
sugarNspikes
Zander
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Duty281
Coleman
CurlyOsp
HQ matt
damngoodOvalball
2ndtimeround
mzan
GavinDragon
Rava
doctor_grey
TycroesOsprey
rodders
Cadair Idris
nathan
anotherworldofpain
dogtooth
kingjohn7
LondonTiger
welliamwibb
HERSH
mrzimmerman
Taylorman
welshy6
WWosprey
OzT
Pal Joey
Rob B
Rory_Gallagher
niwatts
Knowsit17
Ozzy3213
Smirnoffpriest
wales606
glamorganalun
George Carlin
slartibartfast
Liam
Islingtonv2
Morgannwg
offload
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
RuggerRadge2611
Pot Noodle Miner
mckay1402
ScarletSpiderman
Cari
boomeranga
maestegmafia
Biltong
Cymroglan
Luckless Pedestrian
LordDowlais
munkian
64 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread - Page 3 Empty Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread

Post by munkian Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Captain Sam Warburton returns to lead Wales against Australia

Australia coach Deans makes wholesale changes against Wales

TEAMS

Wallaby

Australia: Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW); Cooper Vuna (Melbourne Rebels), Rob Horne (NSW), Pat McCabe (ACT), Digby Ioane (Queensland); Berrick Barnes (NSW), Will Genia (Queensland); Benn Robinson (NSW), Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW), Sekope Kepu (NSW), Rob Simmons (Queensland), Nathan Sharpe (Western Force), Scott Higginbotham (Queensland), David Pocock (Western Force, capt), Wycliff Palu (NSW).

Replacements: Stephen Moore (ACT), Ben Alexander (ACT), Dave Dennis (NSW), Michael Hooper (ACT), Nic White (ACT), Anthony Fainga'a (Queensland), Mike Harris (Queensland).

Wales

Wales: Leigh Halfpenny (Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Blues), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Scott Williams (Scarlets), George North (Scarlets); Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Bayonne); Gethin Jenkins (Toulon), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Dan Lydiate (Dragons), Sam Warburton (Blues, capt), Toby Faletau (Dragons).

Replacements: Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Ashley Beck (Ospreys).

Scott Williams at 12, ken Owens hooker which is a great call , no Webb on bench though which is a bit gutting, Lloyd was awful against the Baa Baas thumbsdown

Tour Previews
http://www.v2journal.com/wales-summer-tour-preview.html
http://www.v2journal.com/australias-june-tests-preview.html

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:25 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : stickied)
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:02 am

If I was an Ozzie supporter it would be wise to stay away from rugby forums, the more I read the more depressed I get for them.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:20 am

Starting to feel more upbeat already.

Cooper and Beale involved in a little fracas outside a Brisbane pub. Things are back to normal again. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:52 am

The Sydney Morning Herald
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/percentage-boosters-welsh-hopes-rest-on-winning-battle-for-territory-and-possession-the-points-will-follow-20120607-1zz21.html

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:59 am

That's quite a complimentary write-up. have you got anything by Chris Rattue to restore the balance? Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:06 am

Just as the Wallabies were hoping for a doctor, the visitors have sent the priest

Ha ha ha, over eggign it somewhat but brutally funny none the less
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

Weren't we all laughing at France during the world cup?

I'm not convinced by all this Training is better prep, Australians have been playing super 15 and just had a test match - they don't need to train!

In regards to 1/2p - sorry, the best full back is Byrne sadly because he's not a place kicker he doesn't get a lookin.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:39 am

Right guys I'm off to Glasgow now and will be watching the game up there, in a dirty Walkie no less.... mate are dragging me there against my will, guess they'll do snakies at least..

but back to the game, I've got over my doom and gloom from the Scots game, an dI am expecting a ripper of a game but defo an aussie win. Just feel it in my bones. The players are a good bunch, and good as Wales are I think the Wallabies will be too strong for them this time.

the two Bens were a very strong front row a few years back, lost a bit of form and had injuries, but time is right for them to be strong again, if Alwexander comers off the bench, which I know he will.

Wish well to the Welsh supporters, and everyone have a great weekend.

will be no more post from me till next week when I get back, but my prediction..

high twenties to about 20 to the Wallabies.

Catch ya all next week!

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:31 am

From an Australian poster on another site

I live and work two streets away from Suncorp Stadium and it has just started to rain. The weather forecast predicts rain for the next four days also.

OK
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:39 am

Why 'thumbs up'? We don't want rain any more than the Wallabies do.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:42 am

The rain wont bother us much if it's not blowing a gale.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:46 am

It's the remnants of that east coast low which swept up the east coast earlier in the week. Victoria hardest hit, NSW hit hard too.

Qld normally gets it's weather from the other direction but in winter... the occasional low will come up from the south-east (Tasman Sea)
The next one is due next Wednesday according to the weather channel.

Might be some rain but not as intense as it was 1000km south.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:49 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Why 'thumbs up'? We don't want rain any more than the Wallabies do.

Maybe not, but since I got mugged walking past where it happended sends chills up my spine - maybe the rain will do the same to the Aussies Wink
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

According to Ryan Jones' Twitter, the Wallabies held a public autograph session outside Wales' team hotel today. Nice piece of gamesmanship?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

Gamesmanship? The Wallabies? I won't hear of it! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

Had one of my famous unrealistic sports dreams about this one just last night. The Aussies were ahead 92-0 early in the first half. We managed to hit back but the final score was still 92-45 Crying or Very sad

Next thing I knew I was spending a romantic evening with a girl I later realised I wasn't attracted to. The dream ended with me fleeing broken

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:13 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:According to Ryan Jones' Twitter, the Wallabies held a public autograph session outside Wales' team hotel today. Nice piece of gamesmanship?

Things must be bad if they need to go looking for the fans outside the away team hotel

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:16 pm

Just a further sign that they're cracking under the pressure devil

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 3:25 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Had one of my famous unrealistic sports dreams about this one just last night. The Aussies were ahead 92-0 early in the first half. We managed to hit back but the final score was still 92-45 Crying or Very sad

Next thing I knew I was spending a romantic evening with a girl I later realised I wasn't attracted to. The dream ended with me fleeing broken

That'll be the anxiety kicking in mate..!

I'll have set ten alarm clocks to make sure I don't miss the game. Though I'll be up at six as always waiting for the match to start...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:According to Ryan Jones' Twitter, the Wallabies held a public autograph session outside Wales' team hotel today. Nice piece of gamesmanship?

Ryan was having a dig, the "autographs" were for the police
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:46 pm

My only worry for Wales tomorrow is the match fitness of Scott Williams, Jon Davies and Warbs.

Everything else I'm pretty happy with (although I think AWJ on the bench is a bit of a risk what with jetlag)

I am getting sooooo nervous now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

Jetlag does not bother everybody but even if they suffer from it three days should be enough time to get over it.

Just looked it up and noticed some interesting facts.

The condition is not linked to the length of flight, but to the trans-meridian (west–east) distance traveled. A ten-hour flight from Europe to southern Africa does not cause jet lag, as travel is primarily north–south. A five-hour flight from the east to the west coast of the United States may well result in jet lag.

Crossing the International Date Line does not contribute to jet lag, as the guide for calculating jet lag is the number of time zones crossed, and the maximum possible disruption is plus or minus 12 hours. If the time difference between two locations is greater than 12 hours, subtract that number from 24. Note, for example, that the time zone GMT+14 will be at the same time of day as GMT−10, though the former is one day ahead of the latter.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:53 pm

It wouldn't be Match-Day Eve without the nerves, would it?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It wouldn't be Match-Day Eve without the nerves, would it?

I can't wait to open my eyes tomorrow morning, knowing kick off will be in the morning rather than waiting until the afternoon, makes the morning's that bit better. If you lose your weekend is ruined but if you win then the weekend is bliss, with plenty of highlights on the go Very Happy

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by WWosprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

Not really nervous as the last twice we played Australia we were without Adam and we all know what that does to our scrums. I think Wales by a score

Last edited by WWosprey on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

WWosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Jetlag does not bother everybody but even if they suffer from it three days should be enough time to get over it.

Just looked it up and noticed some interesting facts.

The condition is not linked to the length of flight, but to the trans-meridian (west–east) distance traveled. A ten-hour flight from Europe to southern Africa does not cause jet lag, as travel is primarily north–south. A five-hour flight from the east to the west coast of the United States may well result in jet lag.

Crossing the International Date Line does not contribute to jet lag, as the guide for calculating jet lag is the number of time zones crossed, and the maximum possible disruption is plus or minus 12 hours. If the time difference between two locations is greater than 12 hours, subtract that number from 24. Note, for example, that the time zone GMT+14 will be at the same time of day as GMT−10, though the former is one day ahead of the latter.

Er...

Ryan jones said he had jet lag - I believe him. Smile
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

It's going to help having New Zealand v Ireland on beforehand, too. Actually, it's going to feel a bit like the World Cup, getting up early(ish) to watch the rugby being played on the other side of the world.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm

I feel sick
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

C'mon NH!
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by WWosprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Been having a look on green and gold rugby forum and the Aussies arnt confident either

Last edited by WWosprey on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

WWosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

I'm quietly confident that we will do well over the three matches.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

Yeh I heard that the Aussie press is expecting a Welsh win. We have to accept this favourite tags and use it as a confidence booster. It shows how far this team has come in such a short amount of time to be favourites for the 1st Test in Oz.

Hopefully this Welsh side take it in their stride and walk out onto that field tomorrow with a winning mentality and play it as if it was a home game.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:47 pm

I heard this evening from a friend who's son is a former welsh cap, that he spoke to a few of the lads on Skype to wish them well and that they are confident in their ability and their game plan. They think they can win this series in Australia.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

Brisbane Weather

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:09 pm

The weather in Brisbane looks very like the later part of the six nations

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=weather+in+brisbane+australia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:11 pm

An entertaining article here.... Wink

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/fearless-welsh-can-forget-past-headaches-20120608-201fi.html

Less than 12 hours to go now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:29 pm

This ones good too

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/deans-cruelled-by-test-scheduling-and-critics-short-memories-20120608-201fh.html

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:38 pm

So the old lady has a short memory! Laugh

Weather just now - some showers in SEQ but nothing like Tuesday night.

Best of luck maesteg - could be a defining match for Wales if they win... and well deserved OK

I'm just hoping the Wallabies are full of determination to put some points on the board.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:25 am

can someone pm a uk site to watch the matches tomorrow? thank you in advance =)

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

Linebreaker wrote:So the old lady has a short memory! Laugh

Weather just now - some showers in SEQ but nothing like Tuesday night.

Best of luck maesteg - could be a defining match for Wales if they win... and well deserved OK

I'm just hoping the Wallabies are full of determination to put some points on the board.

Cheers you too mate... going to be a hell of a game...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:57 am

welshy6 wrote:can someone pm a uk site to watch the matches tomorrow? thank you in advance =)

Alyn Davies will PM you as soon as he reads this.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 1:03 am

cheers morg

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:38 am

I'm going to try the usual streams but in case they don't work, could anyone PM me those where I have a fairly good chance of being able to see the game? Thanks in advance Smile

Very excited now, I've got the feeling buzzing through me about this one Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread - Page 3 3933776953

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:42 am

Try this one knowsit... Gibbo sent me a while ago and it worked well.

Check your mail....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 09 Jun 2012, 4:37 am

Agree LB. You could look at it this way. Wales are wanting to swim with the big fish and rightly so. They couldnt have oz in a worst position in which to secure a win.
Its now in their court how they handle being in the favourite role for this match.

Wins against SH sides traditionally come from the position of underdog. This match is more for wales to lose than oz to win.

Lets see how the shoe fits so to speak.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 09 Jun 2012, 6:57 am

Taylorman wrote:Agree LB. You could look at it this way. Wales are wanting to swim with the big fish and rightly so. They couldnt have oz in a worst position in which to secure a win.
Its now in their court how they handle being in the favourite role for this match.

Wins against SH sides traditionally come from the position of underdog. This match is more for wales to lose than oz to win.

Lets see how the shoe fits so to speak.

Knowing yourself that being favourites going into a hand in Oz does not mean that the ozzies will not up their game and win even if your team play some fantastic rugby.

We have all seen enough bledisloe cups to know that.

This Aussie team are missing Horwill, O'Connor and Beale three stars of their game. But they will all be hurt by the loss to the Scots. They lost to the Samoans then put forty points past the Boks last year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:54 am

Glad we're not playing NZ today. They look awesome. I think Wales have a great chance today. Let's play like NH champions and not SH underdogs.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 10:06 am

Wallabies v Wales match day teams and matchday thread - Page 3 Flag-of-wales
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sat 09 Jun 2012, 10:11 am

Good luck Wales thumbsup
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 10:20 am

Ireland game is over, 40 minutes until kickoff

Very Happy
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 09 Jun 2012, 10:22 am

So what is the weather like there

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next