The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

+73
sean.c
Standulstermen
Big Mac Michael
FitzStephen
Rocky
ballroomhero
yappysnap
The Great Aukster
The Boss
Portnoy
Duty281
Knowsit17
2ndtimeround
HERSH
Josiah Maiestas
TycroesOsprey
doctor_grey
Galted
chewed_mintie
offload
Pal Joey
MMC
wales606
LondonTiger
GunsGerms
mutememories
nathan
kingjohn7
littlejohn
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Biltong
wolfball
Cymroglan
debaters1
emack2
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mankiaow
dallym
nganboy
blackcanelion
Otagolad
Taylorman
Sin é
aucklandlaurie
Rory_Gallagher
mystiroakey
Golden
Notch
valjester
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Rava
Ozzy3213
Gibson
Thomond
Cotupina187
1F'sgonnagetya!
kiakahaaotearoa
KiaRose
disneychilly
Pete330v2
asoreleftshoulder
George Carlin
Gretgael1
Pot Noodle Miner
RubyGuby
ME-109
maestegmafia
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
munster-abu
Mickado
clivemcl
77 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 Empty Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:53 am

First topic message reminder :

IRELAND TEAM

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
11 - Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster) *
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Declan Fitzpatrick (Dungannon/Ulster) *
4 - Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
5 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
6 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:

16 - Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - Ronan Loughney (Galwegians/Connacht) *
18 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
19 - Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)

NZ Team

15 Israel Dagg,
14 Zac Guildford,
13 Conrad Smith,
12 Sonny Bill Williams,
11 Julian Savea,
10 Dan Carter,
9 Aaron Smith,
8 Kieran Read,
7 Richie McCaw (capt),
6 Victor Vito,
5 Sam Whitelock,
4 Brodie Retallick,
3 Owen Franks,
2 Andrew Hore,
1 Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Hika Elliot, Ben Franks, Ali Williams, Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith.

Tour Previews:
http://www.v2journal.com/irelands-summer-tour.html
http://www.v2journal.com/new-zealands-june-tests-preview.html

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : stickied)

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:19 pm

Eh what isn't straight forward? In football, there is a Northern Ireland football team. I, as a Northern Irish citizen, support them. Whether you or anyone else support them or not is your choice. I don't like where this is going to be honest, and not sure why I should be quoted for saying that.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

Ok the Dudes that are Northern Ireland fans- can switch Ireland for Northern ireland Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:21 pm

6-0 defeat against the Netherlands, I don't think things are looking too good for us. Laugh

I'm not a big football fan though, so NZ. thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:23 pm

Feic NZ. HUP AZ!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:27 pm

Well you beat england and spain in recent memory. Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:28 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Eh what isn't straight forward? In football, there is a Northern Ireland football team. I, as a Northern Irish citizen, support them. Whether you or anyone else support them or not is your choice. I don't like where this is going to be honest, and not sure why I should be quoted for saying that.

Jeez man, chill!!! I said it wasn't as straight forward for EVEYONE in the north! Of course you are entitled to support who you want. Don't try and read in something that's not there, to say you don't like where this is going is very dramatic.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

Well I am not sure why you are telling me that.. I wasn't born yesterday like. Just don't see why it was pointed out at all.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:44 pm

Is it not obvious why I pointed it out? The question posed was which would the Irish posters prefer to see win, Ireland in the rugby or Ireland in the soccer? Not all people from the North support Northern Ireland in soccer, some support the Republic soccer team, therefore, this is why it's not straight forward. You're getting extremely touchy over nothing, no one said you were born yesterday, I can see your age.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:46 pm

Rory,

Dont think the man meant any offence whatsoever mo chara.

That fact that ye are crap at football, because ye dont allow Kafflics in, is another matter entirely...

Just as well us Southerners dont feel the same way about it, in OUR rugby team. zen

Just in case you take that anyway serious pal, DONT.

Being relaxed in sport, as ONE, is the way to go. Lets rip de pish out of each other and stand in the same line doing it. Thats all. But with Respect.

Its all bollox anyway. Planet's too small for it. guinness

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

Gretgael1 wrote:Is it not obvious why I pointed it out? The question posed was which would the Irish posters prefer to see win, Ireland in the rugby or Ireland in the soccer? Not all people from the North support Northern Ireland in soccer, some support the Republic soccer team, therefore, this is why it's not straight forward. You're getting extremely touchy over nothing, no one said you were born yesterday, I can see your age.

Yeah but why are you pointing all that out to me? All I said is that there is a Northern Ireland national football team.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:49 pm

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 2837018037

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

Gibson wrote:Rory,

Dont think the man meant any offence whatsoever mo chara.

That fact that ye are crap at football, because ye dont allow Kafflics in, is another matter entirely...

Just as well us Southerners dont feel the same about it in OUR rugby team. zen

Just in case you take that anyway serious pal, DONT.

Being relaxed in sport, as ONE, is the way to go. Lets rip de pish out of each other and stand in the same line doing it. Thats all. But with Respect.

Its all bollox anyway. Planet's too small for it. guinness

Well this is why I like rugby, none of that stuff comes into it at all. My best friend supports the republic, and we have a joke about this kind of thing because at the end of the day we really don't care.

Anyways, sorry for being a grump Gretgael. I have probably misunderstood (again).

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:59 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Gretgael1 wrote:Is it not obvious why I pointed it out? The question posed was which would the Irish posters prefer to see win, Ireland in the rugby or Ireland in the soccer? Not all people from the North support Northern Ireland in soccer, some support the Republic soccer team, therefore, this is why it's not straight forward. You're getting extremely touchy over nothing, no one said you were born yesterday, I can see your age.

Yeah but why are you pointing all that out to me? All I said is that there is a Northern Ireland national football team.

Rory, seeing as you answered that "we have a Northern Ireland team", I was merely using you as an example that some northeners may support Northern Ireland, while other may support the Republic. It was mostly for the benefit of the person the posed the question, showing him that some don't give a damn about The Republic in the euros, which would suggest that his question isn't that balanced because of this. That's why it isn't straight forward. It's not all about you.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

Okay lads sorry about this but have one more slight derail in my quest to find a stream for the match.Is there any way of finding out if the French channel Canal + or Dubai Sports is showing the match,they're the only 2 channels I can reliably get.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

No worries man, I'm not a confrontational person at all and I'm not gonna fall out with anyone over a game of soccer. People support what they want as far as I'm concern, makes no odds to me OK

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm

"It's not all about you."

picard

You quoted me, and addressed me, when you said it isn't as straightforward for everyone. Hence why I thought you were trying to give me a lesson on something I obviously already know, since many of my friends support the republic. If you were addressing the person who posed the question, you didn't make it clear at all. I have apologised already for misunderstanding, but I could do without the condescension please.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:05 pm

Right, lets leave it there. OK

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Listen man, just forget it, makes sense in the long run OK

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Written text can do that Rory. No fault., It happens bud. zen

Anyone fancy a shaag?

Mysti, I heard you were an English trollope, who likes it up de jacksy. Am I wrong?

Dont dissappoint me now. Ive always had a secret ting for you.

I just cant remember what it was.

Anyway, wots this got to do with NZ v IRL, ye basterds?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

Yeah I've derailed another thread today. Sorry guys, not one of my better days. I think I need a break. Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:09 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:Okay lads sorry about this but have one more slight derail in my quest to find a stream for the match.Is there any way of finding out if the French channel Canal + or Dubai Sports is showing the match,they're the only 2 channels I can reliably get.

Sore,
Have you lost those bleedin links I gave you again? Man. I duuno. I just dunno.

Check yer PM bud.

Believe.

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

To be fair, Gretgael made an excellent point... Run

This kind of crossed wires would never happen face to face. It's an internet forum speciality.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

Jeez Gibson, don't start by mentioning the English!!!!!

Think I'll just stick to learning this Paul Weller tune.

Ireland by 3, both teams Very Happy

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

Notch wrote:To be fair, Gretgael made an excellent point... Run

This kind of crossed wires would never happen face to face. It's an internet forum speciality.

I think it is a Rory_Gallagher speciality atm mate!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

Morning guys

Relatively fine morning in Auck this morning, mostly blue skies, bit of cloud not a breath of wind.had a couple of showers over night.

To be honest I cant wait for this game. less than 36 hours to the first Haka for 2012.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Yeah I've derailed another thread today. Sorry guys, not one of my better days. I think I need a break. Laugh

Happens to the best of us Rory mate....happens to me too Wink...alot... chin up pal Hug guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:18 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Morning guys

Relatively fine morning in Auck this morning, mostly blue skies, bit of cloud not a breath of wind.had a couple of showers over night.

To be honest I cant wait for this game. less than 36 hours to the first Haka for 2012.

Its de common Enemy lads. Say nowt.

Ah how's it goin Auck bud? Alles goed?

These feckers are goin down on Sat.
A 100 Years Of Hurt Dissapates Under The Long Black Cloud.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

Gibson wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:Okay lads sorry about this but have one more slight derail in my quest to find a stream for the match.Is there any way of finding out if the French channel Canal + or Dubai Sports is showing the match,they're the only 2 channels I can reliably get.

Sore,
Have you lost those bleedin links I gave you again? Man. I duuno. I just dunno.

Check yer PM bud.

Believe.

No haven't lost any links but the new firewall I have at work is taking me hard and without any lube.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

Well Auckland its the evening here and its Wee weeing down and I can't wait either..... guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

Gibson
Alls good Gibbo, Whatever we may think or say before a game counts for nothing, whats matters is what happens on the grass. But New Zeaalnders expect nothing less from Ireland than an attitude to bust the "hurt". you gotta love it.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:27 pm

At the Irish press conference yesterday, the questions were about the new players in the Irish team, Brian O, Driscoll said " Im dirty tree" no one knew what the hell he was on about, a few minutes later the penny dropped, it was " I'm thirty three".

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:29 pm

Gibson wrote:Written text can do that Rory. No fault., It happens bud. Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 346548009

Anyone fancy a shaag?

Mysti, I heard you were an English trollope, who likes it up de jacksy. Am I wrong?

Dont dissappoint me now. Ive always had a secret ting for you.

I just cant remember what it was.

Anyway, wots this got to do with NZ v IRL, ye basterds?

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 56390 Now now mr gibbo. lol .

I have learnt the evils of bringing up football(even so innocently as was in this case) to the rugby boards.

I shall try to refrain. Now go down the red light and try out the blue lights- i am sure there will sort ya out pal!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:29 pm

Laurie Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

Gibson wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote: Morning guys

Its de common Enemy lads. Say nowt.

Ah how's it goin Auck bud? Alles goed?

These feckers are goin down on Sat.
A 100 Years Of Hurt Dissapates Under The Long Black Cloud.

Believe.

arr thats sweet- your playing homage to three lions in 96 Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 484478

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:41 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
At the Irish press conference yesterday, the questions were about the new players in the Irish team, Brian O, Driscoll said " Im dirty tree" no one knew what the hell he was on about, a few minutes later the penny dropped, it was " I'm thirty three".
Laugh

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:43 pm

Mystir
What have the Lions got to do with anything?

At the moment there are only two Teams in the the World that matter, they are Ireland and the "All Blacks".

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:49 pm

Considering your a kiwi rugger dude you may not know what i was talking about.

By the way . Hows the auditioning for the pre match perfomance going?, Do you use a choreographer? Do you pick players that can do it in time?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

Corrrect mate I dont have clue what you were talking about

Im not so worried about the pre match performance, its the post match performance that gets me into trouble. If your talking about the Haka, then I would say that the only reason Piri Weepu is in the team, is for the Haka.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:59 pm

mystiroakey wrote:arr thats sweet- your playing homage to three lions in 96 Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 484478

Feic off the 3 Lions had 30 years of hurt to overcome...we have to go back 250,000 years to the emergence of homo sapiens..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:00 pm

So he won the Hakafactor then?

Does it get good ratings? Do you have a Simon Cowell type ripping into them when they get it wrong?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:02 pm

rodders wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:arr thats sweet- your playing homage to three lions in 96 Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 484478

Feic off the 3 Lions had 30 years of hurt to overcome...we have to go back 250,000 years to the emergence of homo sapiens..... Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 3 590675

As it took you approiximately 15 minutes to post that reply i reakon you went searching for the blue light. Was she good?- i mean he, i mean she- argg!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

Who's Simon Cowell? Who does he coach?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm

Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:06 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Who's Simon Cowell? Who does he coach?

I reakon even a remote kiwi hobbit knows who he is?

But i will play along .He is a judge on a show(britains got talent) that judges overweight idiots from britain making fools out of them selves- many of them grunt and stamp there feet.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

Is it like those Idol programmes that used to be around several years ago?

Do you watch that garbage?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:11 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Laugh guinness

I tink it wil bee in ixtridinary gime. Deze Iiirish, at list dey spind muny down heer. Inlike de Brits.

Aucks, is that close or is it Souff Afrikin? Or Chineese?

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:12 pm

Nah its not like that one. Its even worse if thats possible.

I am not gonna lie to ya- Check my post count- its kinda high, because 90% of the time my girlfriend gets the remote

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:14 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Who's Simon Cowell? Who does he coach?

He coached and shaaged a tart from Noocastle liike.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:15 pm

If it was Souff Avrikin:

"Ab sow loot lee im thirty three"

If it was Chinese:
" no understand inglish"

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:16 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Nah its not like that one. Its even worse if thats possible.

I am not gonna lie to ya- Check my post count- its kinda high, because 90% of the time my girlfriend gets the remote

Laugh Excellent!

Thats why I have me own play-room.

Now dont lie Gibbo, its for totally different reasons.

Just remembered, must clean me keyboard.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next