The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

+73
sean.c
Standulstermen
Big Mac Michael
FitzStephen
Rocky
ballroomhero
yappysnap
The Great Aukster
The Boss
Portnoy
Duty281
Knowsit17
2ndtimeround
HERSH
Josiah Maiestas
TycroesOsprey
doctor_grey
Galted
chewed_mintie
offload
Pal Joey
MMC
wales606
LondonTiger
GunsGerms
mutememories
nathan
kingjohn7
littlejohn
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Biltong
wolfball
Cymroglan
debaters1
emack2
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mankiaow
dallym
nganboy
blackcanelion
Otagolad
Taylorman
Sin é
aucklandlaurie
Rory_Gallagher
mystiroakey
Golden
Notch
valjester
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Rava
Ozzy3213
Gibson
Thomond
Cotupina187
1F'sgonnagetya!
kiakahaaotearoa
KiaRose
disneychilly
Pete330v2
asoreleftshoulder
George Carlin
Gretgael1
Pot Noodle Miner
RubyGuby
ME-109
maestegmafia
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
munster-abu
Mickado
clivemcl
77 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 Empty Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

IRELAND TEAM

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
11 - Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster) *
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Declan Fitzpatrick (Dungannon/Ulster) *
4 - Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
5 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
6 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:

16 - Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - Ronan Loughney (Galwegians/Connacht) *
18 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
19 - Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)

NZ Team

15 Israel Dagg,
14 Zac Guildford,
13 Conrad Smith,
12 Sonny Bill Williams,
11 Julian Savea,
10 Dan Carter,
9 Aaron Smith,
8 Kieran Read,
7 Richie McCaw (capt),
6 Victor Vito,
5 Sam Whitelock,
4 Brodie Retallick,
3 Owen Franks,
2 Andrew Hore,
1 Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Hika Elliot, Ben Franks, Ali Williams, Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith.

Tour Previews:
http://www.v2journal.com/irelands-summer-tour.html
http://www.v2journal.com/new-zealands-june-tests-preview.html

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:16 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : stickied)

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

did you get my PM Sore?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread

Post by Thomond Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:56 pm

Zebo is coming in for some harsh criticism here. He is electric with ball in hand, his decision making and passing need improving but BOD wasn't great at distribution early on in his career. He is caught at times positionally but his pace usually allows him to adjust. His tackling is sound, only time I have seen him get duly schooled was agaisnt Henderson in the final game against Ulster.
He saved two certain tries in the Rabo game v Connacht too, I think he has only really been at fault for one try this season, the Henderson one. Having said all that I would have picked Gilroy too.

ASLS, I sent you that PM. It will cover you. Links will go up on the day of the game otherwise go to mypremium for a (permanent) SS2 link, thewre are 6 options so at least one will work.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:02 pm

Yeah I got the links Thomond thanks but none of the main ones work only the chanfeed one gets through the firewall,will the match come up on that on the day.

Sorry for derailing the thread lads,I'll do it all by pm from now on.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:03 pm

Are you working Saturday? That might be a problem then.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

Oh yeah does that team mean that Kidney has dropped the idea of RoG 10,Sexton 12.I can't see him taking off BoD unless there's an injury and taking off Earls for RoG would seem very disruptive.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by 1F'sgonnagetya! Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:20 pm

Deccie really needs to leave Sexton alone for a few games, show him some real support instead of putting on ROG for the last 10-15 mins to 'close' the game out or change the game plan. Sexton is number one and should be shown that through starting and ending more games!

1F'sgonnagetya!

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

Hey Thom I think I have the ones you sent before, are those different?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:22 pm

Someone must have dropped a Tab in Deccie's tae.

I want to personally thank them.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:25 pm

It pains me to say this but I can't see Ireland getting within 15 of the AB's here.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

OK, so this is the team most Irish supporters on here would have picked except of course for Zebo (whose defence is suspect); McFadden (who should be in centre and has suspect defence); Murray (pass too slow); D Fitz (will be marmelised by Woodcock, but no option).

Does anyone else share my anxiety about Heaslip? I know he is playing well for Leinster, but I do not believe he has put in a really good shift for Ireland since that red card against the ABs. Now I really hope he proves me wrong, but I do not see him playing with the same enthusiasm for Ireland as he does for Leinster.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:32 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:It pains me to say this but I can't see Ireland getting within 15 of the AB's here.

Neither can I Ozzy. But if we are still in the game with 10/15 to go, having played open, attacking, rugby, against the best team in the World, with new players and differing positions & combos tried - I'll be a happier man. That would be a huge sea-change for me.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

Some of the big names in the team are going to have to step up Gibbo. Best, SOB, Heaslip, Sexton, BOD, Kearney are going to have to be at their best and drag others up there with them.

It could happen, but they have to hit the ground running. If the AB's get on top early, it is going to be a long 80 minutes.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

Gibson wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:It pains me to say this but I can't see Ireland getting within 15 of the AB's here.

Neither can I Ozzy. But if we are still in the game with 10/15 to go, having played open, attacking, rugby, against the best team in the World, with new players and differing positions & combos tried - I'll be a happier man. That would be a huge sea-change for me.

Jeebus, Gibbo you would bankrupt Santa Claus with your wish list Laugh
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:39 pm

KiaRose wrote:OK, so this is the team most Irish supporters on here would have picked except of course for Zebo (whose defence is suspect); McFadden (who should be in centre and has suspect defence); Murray (pass too slow); D Fitz (will be marmelised by Woodcock, but no option).

Does anyone else share my anxiety about Heaslip? I know he is playing well for Leinster, but I do not believe he has put in a really good shift for Ireland since that red card against the ABs. Now I really hope he proves me wrong, but I do not see him playing with the same enthusiasm for Ireland as he does for Leinster.

Kia,
This has been said on numerous ocassions about Heaslip. I personally think its way off the mark. Also, please realise that the guy has not had a break since the Lions tour in 2009.

May have something to do with your perspective. But, I dont think he has ever let Ireland down. He needs a rest to regenerate. Like Rob Kearney and BOD. For sure.

He is still way and above the best 8 we have.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:43 pm

Heaslip remains a mountain of a go-to man for Ireland and his dynamism and physicality will be needed this weekend along with his experience. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:49 pm

I remember Heaslip was the best back rower on the field against Wales in the 6 nations, but apart from that he's been solid without really catching the eye. I think he's due a big performance but, as Gibson has said, he needs a rest, it could do him wonders.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:52 pm

I think heaslip is definitely the right call, if Ferris was fit and firing then there could be arguements for Ferris-POM-SOB.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

Gibson wrote:
KiaRose wrote:OK, so this is the team most Irish supporters on here would have picked except of course for Zebo (whose defence is suspect); McFadden (who should be in centre and has suspect defence); Murray (pass too slow); D Fitz (will be marmelised by Woodcock, but no option).

Kia,
This has been said on numerous ocassions about Heaslip. I personally think its way off the mark. Also, please realise that the guy has not had a break since the Lions tour in 2009.

May have something to do with your perspective. But, I dont think he has ever let Ireland down. He needs a rest to regenerate. Like Rob Kearney and BOD. For sure.

Except for his 8 week break after deciding to move his knee in 2010.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Some of the big names in the team are going to have to step up Gibbo. Best, SOB, Heaslip, Sexton, BOD, Kearney are going to have to be at their best and drag others up there with them.

It could happen, but they have to hit the ground running. If the AB's get on top early, it is going to be a long 80 minutes.

Ozzy,
I think a lot will depend on Sexton and how he is instructed to play. If he plays (as instructed) like he has been up to now - then we have no chance. If he plays like he does for Leinster and attacks the line at every given oppurtunity - its a different story altogether. We will be keeping them busy, creating chances and relieving pressure. BOD will always be at his best and up for it. Specially in games like these. Thats a given. SOB is on fire again. POM is an animal waiting to be let loose. I think we will need that bit of madness at the breakdown.

Had Ross been fit, I think we should have started Cronin v the Kiwis tbh. Far more dynamic in the loose and his arrows are probably better. Needs to improve his scrumagging (that is happening under Feek) too. That is where Best shines so the choice is right for this one. Also, Fitzpartick needs him there to guide and cajole him. Kearney is in the form of his life and will play a major part in us even staying close to them. IF he carries the ball and runs at them. Kicking it away every time, is sheer madness v this lot.

If Fitzpatrick gets mullered by Woodcock from the off... it will be a long 80 mins. No platform = no chance.

Really have a fear of the England game in the 6-N's repeating itself here. Nightmare On Eden Park St.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:02 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I think heaslip is definitely the right call, if Ferris was fit and firing then there could be arguements for Ferris-POM-SOB.

Totally agree.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:03 pm

Gibson wrote:

Ozzy,
I think a lot will depend on Sexton and how he is instructed to play. If he plays (as instructed) like he has been up to now - then we have no chance. If he plays like he does for Leinster and attacks the line at every given oppurtunity - its a different story altogether. We will be keeping them busy, creating chances and relieving pressure. BOD will always be at his best and up for it. Specially in games like these. Thats a given. SOB is on fire again. POM is an animal waiting to be let loose. I think we will need that bit of madness at the breakdown.

Had Ross been fit, I think we should have started Cronin v the Kiwis tbh. Far more dynamic in the loose and his arrows are probably better. Needs to improve his scrumagging (that is happening under Feek) too. That is where Best shines so the choice is right for this one. Also, Fitzpartick needs him there to guide and cajole him. Kearney is in the form of his life and will play a major part in us even staying close to them. IF he carries the ball and runs at them. Kicking it away every time, is sheer madness v this lot.

It Fitzpatrick gets mullered by Woodcock from the off... it will be a long 80 mins. No platform = no chance.

Really have a fear of the England game in the 6-N's repeating itself here. Nightmare On Eden Park St.

I think the scrum will be fine, NZ rarely use it as a means of getting penalties like England do. They just want to get in and out as quick as possible and keep the game going. Once we don't keep it the back of the scrum unnecessarily for an age we'll be fine.

On Best v Croinin, Ulster had the best lineout in the Hec, Best's darts are fine now and Cronin still has problems with his. Even if they were even in the scrum I'd still start Best, especially with Poc out for leadership but more importantly because of his work at the breakdown.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:21 pm

Valjester is right on about NZ's scrum in possession. We generally try to create a steady platform on our ball instead of mincing the other eight as we have a lot of moves in mind, be it off the scrum itself or in the backs. We pretty much only try to be really destructive on opposition ball.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:24 pm

Gibson wrote:
Kia,

Gibbo, I hope you weren't suggesting that the slight negativity of my comment was due to a provincial bias? It certainly wasn't. Well you know that I support all the guys who will be wearing green on Saturday Hug .

But go back a few years when Heaslip seemed to make a big impression in almost every match he played. What I am saying now is that he is not playing at the same high level we were used to seeing from him. I am not suggesting he should not play, or that there is anyone available who is better or on better form than he.

I also take on board your comment about "no rest since the 2009 Lions" (and val's comment about "enforced rest"!). However I really do think that by his standards he has been very flat for Ireland over the past couple of years. I hope he has a great game on Saturday; I hope we get to see the player we used to see; I hope he scores a try and helps SOB and POM nullify the NZ back row (we can all hope!).

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

Huge fan of our Rory, Val. Rate him so highly as a player and as a man. Born leader. Just think we could do with one of the most dynamic hookers in the NH for this one. IF Ross was fit. He's not.. sooo. I think it should be tried in the 2nd Test.

I hope you are right about the scrum. That's where Reddan shines in that case. One of the main reasons why Sexton can do his voodoo in the HC. One assumes that Murray's pass from the base will come quicker. If not, he and we - will be under major pressure.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:27 pm

rodders wrote:Hey Thom I think I have the ones you sent before, are those different?

Depends on how recent I sent it to you, but I doubt there is much difference, will send it on there. I don't think pubs are allowed open until before 9. Except ones down the docks, and no way in feic am I heading down there!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Cronin is the epitome of an impact sub at this stage.

Best rules the roost as far as hookers in Ireland.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:36 pm

Thomond! notworthy guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:37 pm

KiaRose wrote:
Gibson wrote:
Kia,

Gibbo, I hope you weren't suggesting that the slight negativity of my comment was due to a provincial bias? It certainly wasn't. Well you know that I support all the guys who will be wearing green on Saturday Hug .

But go back a few years when Heaslip seemed to make a big impression in almost every match he played. What I am saying now is that he is not playing at the same high level we were used to seeing from him. I am not suggesting he should not play, or that there is anyone available who is better or on better form than he.

I also take on board your comment about "no rest since the 2009 Lions" (and val's comment about "enforced rest"!). However I really do think that by his standards he has been very flat for Ireland over the past couple of years. I hope he has a great game on Saturday; I hope we get to see the player we used to see; I hope he scores a try and helps SOB and POM nullify the NZ back row (we can all hope!).

Oh no Kia, I agree with that. He has not been the same player he once was, of late. That much is obvious. If playing NZ doesnt wake that up in him, then he shouldn't even be in the 22.

You, like our Billy, are one of the most logical, unbiased, Munster fans on this site.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

Think the logic of having Best as hooker and Tuohy as tighthead lock is very sound. Fitzpatrick needs all the help he can get and having guys he knows well and works with well packing down beside and behind him will hopefully help him.

It's the biggest test of his career. Godspeed you, Declan Fitzpatrick! Hope you do well.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:46 pm

Notch wrote:Think the logic of having Best as hooker and Tuohy as tighthead lock is very sound. Fitzpatrick needs all the help he can get and having guys he knows well and works with well packing down beside and behind him will hopefully help him.

It's the biggest test of his career. Godspeed you, Declan Fitzpatrick! Hope you do well.

Also true.

And yes, we will all be virtual Brad Thorns on Sat, pushing and shoving behind our Declan's spine. Huge oppurtunity for him to step up against the very best.

If it doesnt quite work out, lets all give him a break yeah? I mean his 1st Test and look where and who he's playing against. If he even achieves near parity and/or wins a few, he'll be a National Hero.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:00 pm

Anyone know what the forecast is for Saturday??

Dont know which id prefer more, dry and sunny would imply a lot of running rugby, which is where new Zealand are at their best and our players havent played this way for some time in green.

Wet and rainy makes handeling difficult, means more knock ons and more scrums Yikes but it would slow down New Zealands play. It might suit our game plan (assuming Deccie doesnt change it) but i dont think it suits our players either.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

Apparently rain easing to a few showers.

NZ are pretty handy in the wet as well. Our Scottish ancestors found Dunedin´s weather agreeable and liked playing rugby there. I'd be praying for fog. That's your best bet. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

I don't know about Fog, Murray's having trouble with his passign and if he can't see Sexton, that might cause further problems.

Although, if Johnny kicks it so snow comes back on it then maybe we have a shot. I plumped for Ireland on Sportsguru for the prediction thread. Showed some cojones.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

There was a Super 12 final in Christchurch where the cameraman had no clue and players said they heard the ball rather than saw it. At the moment the South Island's east coast is covered in snow and there is a game to be played in Christchurch.

Good on you Thomond for your courage. MLK had a dream. Well so does BOD: keep it clean, keep it green, live the dream and turn black to cream. Leprechaun

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:18 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:There was a Super 12 final in Christchurch where the cameraman had no clue and players said they heard the ball rather than saw it. At the moment the South Island's east coast is covered in snow and there is a game to be played in Christchurch.

Good on you Thomond for your courage. MLK had a dream. Well so does BOD: keep it clean, keep it green, live the dream and turn black to cream. Leprechaun

With both, you have Guinness. Advantage Ireland.

There's a famous story of former Irish coach, Eddie O'Sullivan scoring a try for Munster against Oz (I think) and it was so foggy half the ground didn't see it!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Apparently rain easing to a few showers.

NZ are pretty handy in the wet as well. Our Scottish ancestors found Dunedin´s weather agreeable and liked playing rugby there. I'd be praying for fog. That's your best bet. Whistle

Laugh guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:28 pm

On paddy power you can pick the exact winning margin, they give you odds for new zealand winning by 1-37 points. they give ireland by 1-3 Laugh think that says it all.

Ireland are 15/2 to win between 1 and 12 points. Think ill throw a couple of quid down.

Last edited by Golden on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:33 pm

I'm now convinced we're definitely going to win. 100% positive.

Declan Fitz hat trick.

COME ON IRELAND TAFOOK!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:42 pm

Right, I've got money on Ireland and Wales. Not much, but hey im a student.

3 wins this weekend please, vs NZ, the under 20s and vs Croatia

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:11 pm

Golden wrote:On paddy power you can pick the exact winning margin, they give you odds for new zealand winning by 1-37 points. they give ireland by 1-3 Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 810156456 think that says it all.

Ireland are 15/2 to win between 1 and 12 points. Think ill throw a couple of quid down.

dont do it pal- you can get 10/1 on betfair for just the win!!

never ever bet on ireland on paddypower Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

By the way if you only have an account on paddys and you cant be bothered to look about then just to tell you that the odds are the same for an irish win as well as an irish win margin of 1-12.

so dont get caught out!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:22 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Golden wrote:On paddy power you can pick the exact winning margin, they give you odds for new zealand winning by 1-37 points. they give ireland by 1-3 Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 810156456 think that says it all.

dont do it pal- you can get 10/1 on betfair for just the win!!

never ever bet on ireland on paddypower Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 732107

Doh

Where were you a couple of hours ago. Haha to be honest if it comes off i dont think ill be too disappointed

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:26 pm

you do lose 5% on betfair mind you!- so down to 9.5 in reality

but you better hope you dont win by 13 pal, that would be the real sickener- considering its the same odds for the straight win.. naughty paddypower Ireland V All Blacks - Teams Announced and Matchday Thread - Page 2 1078893766 , they could have bumped it up a notch!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:28 pm

Aw I am so excited for this game. Kidney has impressed me already with his selections. Lets hope he has changed his tactics also.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

ok guys- what would you prefer(be honest)

one win for Ireland v NZ

or Ireland win the footy Euro Cup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:36 pm

Any kind of win for Ireland in rugby always takes precedence over football for me, doesn't matter if it's New Zealand or Namibia!

But when push comes to shove, I'll have my fingers crossed for both. They are in no way mutually exclusive. It would be great if Ireland could make an impression in the Euros. National self-esteem south of the border could use a shot in the arm. Delivered by the fine Northern talents of James McLean no doubt Hug
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:40 pm

Ireland winning in NZ would be amazing- id love to see you do it, because it would break the run they have on you and you would bring some ranking points back to the NH. If you play in the way you played v England or Aus in 2011 you have a chance. You need that intensity..

bring it to em

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

Ireland winning in NZ hands down,to be honest I'll be hard pressed to bother watching any of the footie unless it's on when I'm at work.I used to love the game but nowadays I find it hard to watch more than 15 minutes of a match.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ok guys- what would you prefer(be honest)

one win for Ireland v NZ

For me it would obviously have to be the win against NZ in rugby. In football, we have a Northern Ireland team.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:ok guys- what would you prefer(be honest)

one win for Ireland v NZ

For me it would obviously have to be the win against NZ in rugby. In football, we have a Northern Ireland team.

Rory, It's not really as straight forward as that for everyone, considering that a considerable amount in the North support the Republic of Ireland soccer team.

Personally, I'll take both guinness

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next