The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship

+5
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
sensisball
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
KickAndChase
9 posters

Go down

Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship Empty Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship

Post by KickAndChase Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:47 am

Scotland under Andy Robinson:

VS NH Opposition
Played 22
Won 7 = 31.8%
Draw 1 = 4.5%
Lost 14 = 63.6%

VS SH Opposition
Played 10
Won 7 = 70%
Drawn 0 = 0%
Lost 3 = 30%

It's worth noting that I expect Scotland to beat both Fiji & Samoa in their own back yards in the next few weeks, and that the NH figures look better than they should because they include a defeat of Japan, Romania and Georgia, all of which are ranked below the 'worst' SH teams Scotland have played (Fiji & Samoa at home).

Actually if it weren't for the world cup warm up defeats of Ireland and Italy too it would be abysmal.

Clearly Scotland's style of play is just better suited to SH opposition.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship Empty Re: Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:37 am

It will never happen, logistics, different seasons etc.

It would certainly strengthen their rugby.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship Empty Re: Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:13 am

Their record against the 4ns is strangely good isnt it. A couple of those losses were pretty tight. Just goes to show these sides dont take them seriously I guess.
Not sure its their style, Robinsons record with England against the 4ns was ...well...not as good.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:15 am

I think when you consider they don't often play SA, OZ and NZ away, but mostly at home in conditions best describe as arctic for South African and Astralian teams it changes the dynamics,
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:26 am

Biltong agreed about the weather. Whilst a win, any win against Australia is to be applauded, the leveller of the weather turned it into a defensive arm wrestle, much as the our last win against the Boks was.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:28 am

Evidence to support that we're ok in one-off summer tour or AI games, but put us in competition mode (6Ns or RWC) and we go to pieces - is it in the mentality?

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:29 am

although saying that when we beat South Africa in 2010 and back in 2002 there was nothing wrong with the weather on those occasions. Both days were sunny, mild autumn days!!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

Nothing wrong with the weather in Newcastle on Tuesday - just a bit of drizzle here and there.

On a serious note, the point about competition / mentality is the right one. Against ARG P4 W2 L2 ... the 2 we won are of course a summer series (away - conditions fine - not expected to win), the 2 we lost were RWC and at the end of a home series.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:43 am

Majestic83 wrote:although saying that when we beat South Africa in 2010 and back in 2002 there was nothing wrong with the weather on those occasions. Both days were sunny, mild autumn days!!

What's the temperature like on a mild autumn day there mate?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

Don't tell me the mighty Boks can't play rugby in the cold! Shocked
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:48 am

no, they freeze up, imagine you have to stand around whilst your flyhalf keeps kicking for 80 minutes.

Our gameplan is designed for sunny conditions in 25+ degree heat, why else do you think we have this gameplan?Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship Smiley-laughing021

We don't like running around in heat, so we allow the opposition to build up a sweat and tire themselves. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:51 am

Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:15 am

normally around a balmy 10 to 12c Wink

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:17 am

Yep, too cold, definitely too cold, 25 degrees that's nice, 12 degree too cold.

Who's on first base, ..
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:38 am

3-49 to the All Blacks at home? The weather wasn't great that day either.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

Well we're sissies OK. Cry
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:52 am

Cryptoyourisan wrote:3-49 to the All Blacks at home? The weather wasn't great that day either.

Scotland under AR even Parks included (and if you don't believe me look at our 2010 6N) has preferred sunny conditions - it's always been the gameplan to chuck it around for the past few years we're just bad at it.

When it's bad weather it just happens that other teams are particularly bad at dealing with that, whereas we are not. That doesn't mean we want it , like it or think it would work in all conditions - it doesn't. Even chucking it around in Newcastle I heard.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 08 Jun 2012, 12:36 pm

The only team better at Scotland in wet conditions is NZ. Scotland have a few SA and Australian scalps but they don't have a NZ one. Which is why I find it so easy to have Scotland as my sentimental team. My father is Scottish and I always support them in the 6N but they are so accommodatingly nice when they play the ABs and make sure they lose with graceful aplomb. Hug

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

Kia, I'd really like us to set that record strait! Just the one win, then normal service can resume, you understand!!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:11 pm

Course I do mate. As I explained on an Irish thread:

I remember in my student days a friend and I would play King of the Table in pool at the local bar. We went undefeated. Our secret weapon was the Prodigy. Whenever we played Diesel Power on the jukebox (and if we were in real trouble the double header of Funky S**t) we would somehow find a way to win. We could have no balls sunk and then boom on comes the song and one of us would clear the table. The legend grew and the intimidation factor ratcheted up whenever that song came on the jukebox. We went a year and a half undefeated and then one day, on potting the black, we sunk the white. The legend died that day and so too did a small part of me. Time passed and legend turned to myth and the earthquake has since demolished the Jolly Poacher and with it all memory of that golden era.

So you'll excuse me if I want to see this AB record preserved. I don't want to contemplate the horrible idea of a little part of me dying on the inside.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Course I do mate. As I explained on an Irish thread:

I remember in my student days a friend and I would play King of the Table in pool at the local bar. We went undefeated. Our secret weapon was the Prodigy. Whenever we played Diesel Power on the jukebox (and if we were in real trouble the double header of Funky S**t) we would somehow find a way to win. We could have no balls sunk and then boom on comes the song and one of us would clear the table. The legend grew and the intimidation factor ratcheted up whenever that song came on the jukebox. We went a year and a half undefeated and then one day, on potting the black, we sunk the white. The legend died that day and so too did a small part of me. Time passed and legend turned to myth and the earthquake has since demolished the Jolly Poacher and with it all memory of that golden era.

So you'll excuse me if I want to see this AB record preserved. I don't want to contemplate the horrible idea of a little part of me dying on the inside.
kia, I wouldn't want that either tbh, couldn't live with the guilt! Wink So shall we leave it to chance, and maybe one day ...

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:41 pm

Sounds good to me mate. Hug

Yo' I used to check out lyrics upon the Format
Build with Skill with Technique-computer A~DAT
My Lyrical Form is clouds on your Brainstorm
I get hyped, Think, Thought flow
Acrobat, Sync the track, Pump the track
Dance missions, clubs like spores react by
Strobe visions, and hurrying more
Reflects on the dancefloor
Blowin' Up
And having mad people
Showin' Up
Packing Crowds, Jam Packed Venues
Needles Collapse, While Atmospheres Continues
Sprinkle that, Winnin' like that
Movin' like that, Hittin' like that
The melody is Phat!
Yeah, I'm on the Energy Source
The Cosmic Boss with Prodigy
Different astrology
My intellect's Devour
"With Diesel Power"

[CHORUS]
Blows your mind Drastically, Fantastically!
Blows your mind Drastically, Fanta...

Win, Spin back rewind-Diesel Power
Blows your mind Drastically, Fantastically
It has to be, Automatically
Check it out, You better work it out,
Change to another route
My techniques, Strategies, Abilities
I leave cords of mikes hanging like spring leads
Do a track so fast, beyond the human eye
Lyrical Tactics, Vocal Gymnastics
E's and Pepped Up, You get Scrapped Up
Smacked Up, Backed Up
Your crew's all Cracked Up
Checking flow, Pick choose Quick, You can't Stick
My medical Range is Strange as angles
You get tangled, Twisting side infections
Channels Repeat, Complete, Can't Compete
Check that our Texture, Mind Adventure
Exploit the Point, It attracts, To Devour
My intellect's proceed..."With Diesel Power"

[CHORUS]

Back Attack and Whack Patch
You're faxing me, you don't want none
High quality acts should be
Still standing, Damaging your other manic
Quick Reverse, Potent as the First Verse
My Amplifier blows on your World's Higher
World's Sire, Cuts like a Barbed Wire
Record player, I pull up on you every day
Fast Forward, I move and I Swing Toward
Exit Load, Put your brain in Right Mode
Selected Mix, The man with Perfected Fits
Has Lightly, Bite Me
Copy Xerox, Cops, Handblocks
You can't knock some out of there
Upbeat Liftin' Shiftin' Persistin' Intelligent Kingpin
Keepin' Astrology, As I roll with Prodigy
"With Diesel Power"

[CHORUS]

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

Let the good times roll ... Scotland Should Join The Rugby Championship Smiley-sport012

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down