The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Junior World Championship Campaign 2013

+12
Captain_Sensible
CraigS1874
Majestic83
Imperialbigdave
EST
George Carlin
RDW
thebluesmancometh
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pat_Mustard
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scotland Junior World Championship Campaign 2013 Empty Scotland Junior World Championship Campaign 2013

Post by Pat_Mustard Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:47 am

Squad:
Backs: Ruairidh Young (Edinburgh Accies), Rory Hughes (Scotland 7s/Stirling County), Damien Hoyland (Boroughmuir), Jamie Farndale (Edinburgh Rugby/Edinburgh Accies), J J Kilmartin (Bath Rugby), Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors/Stirling County), Robbie Fergusson (Ayr), Chris Auld (Gala)*, Tommy Allan (Perpignan), Ben Cooper (Leeds Carnegie), Ali Price (Bedford Blues) and Scott Steele (Leicester Tigers).

Forwards: Jamie Bhatti (Stirling County)*, James Malcolm (GHA), Phil Cringle (Edinburgh Rugby/Stewart’s-Melville FP), Russell Anderson (Gala*), Callum Black (Edinburgh Accies), Reyner Kennedy (Stirling County), D’Arcy Rae (Ayr)*, Robbie Wilson (Boroughmuir)*, Ruairidh Leishman (Stirling County), Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors/Currie) CAPTAIN, Adam Sinclair (Perpignan), Alex Henderson (Boroughmuir), Adam Ashe (Glasgow Warriors/Stirling County), Tommy Spinks (London Scottish), Will Bordill (Sale Sharks) and Andy Cramond (Aberdeen Grammar).
* = supported by sportscotland Institute of Sport

Fixtures:
05 Jun 20:00 (19:00 BST) Argentina - Scotland Stade Pascal Laporte, Nantes
09 Jun 17:00 (16:00 BST) Wales - Scotland Stade Pascal Laporte, Nantes
13 Jun 19:00 (18:00 BST) Scotland - Samoa Stade Pascal Laporte, Nantes

Semi-finals 18 Jun
Finals 23 Jun

IRB Profile:

Seeding for JWC 2013: 9
Best finish: Ninth (2009, 2012)
Worst finish: 10th (2008, 2010, 2011)

JWC match record: Played 25 / Won 10 / Lost 15
JWC points/tries scored: 503 / 63

JWC graduates: 14
Most capped JWC graduates: Richie Gray (31 Tests)

Did you know...? Scotland only finished ninth in 2012 but had were the top try scorers (21) and had the top try scorer in Jamie Farndale. They scored 14 of these in the play-offs for ninth to 12th.

Coach: Sean Lineen
Captain: Jonny Gray

One to watch: Jamie Farndale
The top try scorer at JWC 2012 with six tries – including braces against Italy and Samoa in the play-off stages – Farndale will be relieved to have made Scotland’s squad for the tournament after breaking his leg playing for Edinburgh Accies back in September. He’ll be keen to make up for his time on the sides and retain his mantle of top try scorer this time around. He has previously represented Scotland in pentathlon and can also play the bagpipes.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Scotland Junior World Championship Campaign 2013 Empty Re: Scotland Junior World Championship Campaign 2013

Post by Pat_Mustard Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:49 am

And the team for the opening match against Argentina is

15 Ruaridh Young (Edinburgh Accies)
14 Jamie Farndale (Edinburgh Rugby/Edinburgh Accies)
13 Chris Auld (Edinburgh Rugby/Gala)
12 Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors/Stirling County)
11 Rory Hughes (Scotland 7s/Stirling County)
10 Tommy Allan (Perpignan)
9 Scott Steele (Leicester Tigers)

1 Jamie Bhatti (Stirling County) *
2 Russell Anderson (Gala) *
3 D’Arcy Rae (Ayr) *
4 Adam Sinclair (Perpignan)
5 Jonny Gray CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors/Currie)
6 Tommy Spinks (London Scottish)
7 Will Bordill (Sale Sharks)
8 Adam Ashe (Glasgow Warriors/Stirling County)

Substitutes
16 Reyner Kennedy (Stirling County)
17 Robby Wilson (Boroughmuir) *
18 Phil Cringle (Edinburgh Rugby/Stewart’s Melville FP)
19 Ruaridh Leishman (Stirling County)
20 Eoghan Masterson (Leinster)
21 Ali Price (Bedford Blues)
22 Robbie Fergusson (Ayr)
23 Damien Hoyland (Boroughmuir)

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Scotland Junior World Championship Campaign 2013 Empty Re: Scotland Junior World Championship Campaign 2013

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:55 am

Good strong team that, altho they'll go in as underdogs against Argentina Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:04 am

I always worry about that all-amateur front row, but at least Bhatti and Anderson are in their second season at this level, as with a number of others in the side, so should have improved a bit from last year!

We played Argentina in the group stage last year and lost 17-12, hoping for an improvement this time round. Sean Lineen seems to have them playing well.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 am

Never heard of this Eoghan Masterson, but it seems he played for Ireland u-20s against Scotland in this year's 6 nations!

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:51 am

Sounds like a useful piece of poaching!

Delighted to see Farndale playing again. I'm hoping he'll have a prominent role to play for Edinburgh next season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 am

Bennet is a fav of mine, saw him play for Glasgow a few times last season and he's seriously impressive.

Scotland have a real shot at semi final rugby this time around, it isn't woutside the realms of possibility of beating both Argentina and Wales, top the group and you could look forward to playing the team who finishes 2nd (depending how badly NZ smashes their group)

I'm hoping for a Wales v Scotland / Argy semi final, and the winner of this game looks odds on favourite for at least 2nd spot and a good chance at qualifying.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Bennet is a fav of mine, saw him play for Glasgow a few times last season and he's seriously impressive.

Scotland have a real shot at semi final rugby this time around, it isn't woutside the realms of possibility of beating both Argentina and Wales, top the group and you could look forward to playing the team who finishes 2nd (depending how badly NZ smashes their group)

I'm hoping for a Wales v Scotland / Argy semi final, and the winner of this game looks odds on favourite for at least 2nd spot and a good chance at qualifying.

bluesman - you'll have made a few friends on here with that Bennet comment, but just remember to call him the messiah - they won't have it any other way! king

Think you're getting a little carried away with regards to Scotland's prospects though - we are a lot better than we used to be at this level but still got a lot of catching up to do.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:24 am

I can't believe the Messiah still qualifies for this thing - he must have been 12 when ASBO first suggested he make his Scotland debut!

At least now he's graduated from sand castles to bat and ball.......

Any intel on Adam Sinclair at Perpignan? If he's a handy lock, why is he in France rather than at Edinburgh?? If fact, don't answer that.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:31 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Bennet is a fav of mine, saw him play for Glasgow a few times last season and he's seriously impressive.

bluesman - you'll have made a few friends on here with that Bennet comment, but just remember to call him the messiah - they won't have it any other way! king

Think you're getting a little carried away with regards to Scotland's prospects though - we are a lot better than we used to be at this level but still got a lot of catching up to do.

I don't know, beating Wales and Argentina are possibilities, and winning 3 games means qualification to the semi's, if theyre lucky they may get Wales/Argy again...

Thats how I'm looking at it through welsh eyes anyway!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am

If the set piece holds then I think we can beat Argentina, but that's a big if. They make them big in Argentina, so our props will need to be technically strong, which is a big ask at this age.

I'm confident in the backs though. Plenty talent there.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 am

What's going on here - a Scotsman arguing with a Welshman over the prospect of Scotland beating Wales?? Hug

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:What's going on here - a Scotsman arguing with a Welshman over the prospect of Scotland beating Wales?? Hug

Hey I'm not saying you will, just that it's a possibility, and beating Argy first up makes Wales run so much more difficult as Scotland will be confident and Argy will be desperate!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 am

Would love to see a Fergusson/Messiah centre pairing - sounds like the best we have in the midfield to me.

Adam Sinclar (6'5") and 'Ickle Jonny (6'8") shouldn't get pushed around too much in the tight although I am obviously concerned about our props getting munched. Tommy Spinks is a completely new name to me - can anyone help?

How unusual to say that you have no fears for a Scottish backline but I really don't this time. Steele and Allan is a very good hinge.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 am

Well we wouldn't want to do anything to make life more difficult for the Welsh..... Whistle

I genuinely wouldn't worry. Any hint of expectation (which you're cunningly creating) usually leads to a Scottish implosion on the rugby field!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 am

Sinclair is only 6'5? That's not big for a lock at all. Maybe he will end up in the Edinburgh "boiler room" after all.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:What's going on here - a Scotsman arguing with a Welshman over the prospect of Scotland beating Wales?? Hug

Hey I'm not saying you will, just that it's a possibility, and beating Argy first up makes Wales run so much more difficult as Scotland will be confident and Argy will be desperate!
Bluesman - I'll just be happy with your boys not putting 40 odd points on us like you did in March. Shocked
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:51 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:I can't believe the Messiah still qualifies for this thing - he must have been 12 when ASBO first suggested he make his Scotland debut!

Any intel on Adam Sinclair at Perpignan? If he's a handy lock, why is he in France rather than at Edinburgh?? If fact, don't answer that.
For the same reason Tommy Allan is? Whistle
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:54 am

We don't need Tommy Allan at Edinburgh. We already have world class options at fly half.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 am

Speaking of which, it's going to be incredibly weird to see a Mike Blair/Phil Godman hinge at Newcastle in the Jeff next season.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 am

George Carlin wrote:Speaking of which, it's going to be incredibly weird to see a Mike Blair/Phil Godman hinge at Newcastle in the Jeff next season.

Especially when they play at Murrayfield in a pre season friendly...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:14 am

George Carlin wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

Bluesman - I'll just be happy with your boys not putting 40 odd points on us like you did in March. Shocked

Well we would be hoping for similar or more, but then we are missing a few key players through welsh call ups, and an injury or 2.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:46 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Speaking of which, it's going to be incredibly weird to see a Mike Blair/Phil Godman hinge at Newcastle in the Jeff next season.

Could be an all-ex-Edinburgh core of

4 McKenzie 5 McLeod
8 Hogg
9 Blair
10 Godman

21 R Lawson

Not to mention the other Scots in the squad, Shiells, Scott Lawson, Tomes, Michael Tait, and I'm sure we'll be able to tempt Scott Wilson back before England cap him!

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:51 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:

If WCP outplays Piers Francis and we lose that game I'm going to weep.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:57 am

We were soundly beaten by Newcastle last pre season - Mike Penn's (who?) only appearance for Edinburgh all season!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:36 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:I can't believe the Messiah still qualifies for this thing - he must have been 12 when ASBO first suggested he make his Scotland debut!

Any intel on Adam Sinclair at Perpignan? why is he in France rather than at Edinburgh?? he's a handy lock

I've changed it for you

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 pm

As a Scotland fan, I tend not to watch the annual mauling that is the JWC, as we send yet another batch of underprepared amateurs into face pros.

This year I am feeling surprisingly upbeat. We must have more guys associated with a pro rugby set-up than ever before? The front row is a concern, but apart from them and the fullback, everybody else should be much more prepared, physically at least (when did Chris Auld sign for Edinburgh, is he in the new batch of Elite development players?).

What sticks out, is a very strong second row. I don't know their exact stats, but you could call neither Sinclair or Gray lightweight - two big loons.

It's a shame that flamboyantly named Hidalgo - Clyne is away in NZ; he was very, very good during the 6N, but Steele is an able replacement.

I wonder if this year is an exception to the rule, or if we will begin to see a change to this scenario being the norm.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Whatever the stats say, Sinclair is a massive guy. Not just tall, but he is seriously built.

Spinks appears to be utility backrower. Seems to cover all positions. Hes got some filling out to do, but if hes anything like his older brother who was in my year at school, he'll have a bit of dog about him.

Hopefully Farndale will come back stronger than ever. Was really looking forward to seeing him at Embra this season.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:38 pm

From what I saw last summer, Farndale is a pretty strong and direct runner, exactly what we need at Edinburgh. Fingers crossed he stays fit through the summer and can provide strong competition to Nikki Walker for that right wing slot (I think Fife will compete more for the 13 jersey next season).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:35 pm

George Carlin wrote:Would love to see a Fergusson/Messiah centre pairing - sounds like the best we have in the midfield to me.

Adam Sinclar (6'5") and 'Ickle Jonny (6'8") shouldn't get pushed around too much in the tight although I am obviously concerned about our props getting munched. Tommy Spinks is a completely new name to me - can anyone help?

How unusual to say that you have no fears for a Scottish backline but I really don't this time. Steele and Allan is a very good hinge.

Yep Tommy Spinks is from North Berwick, played for Haddington at youth level up to about u16s which is my original club. Got a scholarship to fettes
for his final year and captained their team. Went down to London Scottish after finishing school last year and has done pretty well there.
Played a few games for the 1st xv. Normally a 6 for them but played mostly at 8 at youth level. He is pretty tall at about 6ft 4 and probably weighing in at
about 100kg but if he is anything like his brothers will definitely muscle up and really fill out. Pretty physical and tough player but a good turn of pace
on him too. His brothers were both pretty useful too, the oldest is about 6ft7 and must be about 19st of solid muscle but gave up playing after a year
of senior rugby, if he had been coached properly and picked up by the sru "talent" scouts he would have been in with a shout of going all the way.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:40 pm

George Carlin wrote:Would love to see a Fergusson/Messiah centre pairing - sounds like the best we have in the midfield to me.

Have seen a few of Sinclairs games for Perpignan and he is playing very well out there, been promoted to the espoirs team and has been one of the
stand outs so far and bagged himself a few tries too. He is 6ft 6 and is probably around the 114kg mark at the moment. My mate coached him
when Sinclair was at loretto on a rugby scholarship in his final year of school and said he was easily the most gifted and hard working player
he had seen or coached. I would say he seems to be the better all round 2nd row over Jonny.

Definitely a very strong scotland u20 squad this year, good set of forwards and backs for once, think this squad could surprise a few teams.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:Whatever the stats say, Sinclair is a massive guy. Not just tall, but he is seriously built.

Spinks appears to be utility backrower. Seems to cover all positions. Hes got some filling out to do, but if hes anything like his older brother who was in my year at school, he'll have a bit of dog about him.

Hopefully Farndale will come back stronger than ever. Was really looking forward to seeing him at Embra this season.

Ronnie or Charlie? I played rugby with tommy from the age of 7-17 and he is a good lad. I know he looks small on TV but is tough and at 6ft 4/100kg is not small for 18. I played with him and chris dean (7s player) and to be honest tommy was nowhere near the standard of chris but since he has went to London Scottish tommy has improved massivly and is a good ball carrier.

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Majestic83 wrote:

Yep Tommy Spinks is from North Berwick, played for Haddington at youth level up to about u16s which is my original club. Got a scholarship to fettes
for his final year and captained their team. Went down to London Scottish after finishing school last year and has done pretty well there.
Played a few games for the 1st xv. Normally a 6 for them but played mostly at 8 at youth level. He is pretty tall at about 6ft 4 and probably weighing in at
about 100kg but if he is anything like his brothers will definitely muscle up and really fill out. Pretty physical and tough player but a good turn of pace
on him too. His brothers were both pretty useful too, the oldest is about 6ft7 and must be about 19st of solid muscle but gave up playing after a year
of senior rugby, if he had been coached properly and picked up by the sru "talent" scouts he would have been in with a shout of going all the way.

not really relevant on here but tommys brothers did not have the skill set or disipline that Tommy has. Even since he was 14/15 he always was a leader and and was aggressive but never did anything stupid.

Good team though and I think the inclusion of chris auld is a good decision because he has been a very strong player this season but our midfield does seem a bit small. Hopefully farndale gets some space as he has serious speed. he posted this on his facebook recently, If you have not seen him before its worth a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQQ0o8puuaE

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Yep I'd agree neither Charlie or Ronnie had quite the natural talent as Tommy or the dedication but I think if Charlie especially had been coached properly and mentored he could have been successful too especially with his size and bulk.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 pm

CraigS1874 wrote:
Imperialbigdave wrote:Whatever the stats say, Sinclair is a massive guy. Not just tall, but he is seriously built.

Ronnie or Charlie? I played rugby with tommy from the age of 7-17 and he is a good lad. I know he looks small on TV but is tough and at 6ft 4/100kg is not small for 18. I played with him and chris dean (7s player) and to be honest tommy was nowhere near the standard of chris but since he has went to London Scottish tommy has improved massivly and is a good ball carrier.

Ronnie. Im not trying to say hes small, just that he doesnt look like a gym monkey.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:26 pm

yeah fair comment. O and for the people talking about sam hidalgo clyne that is him getting handed of at 1.10 in farndales video.

Does anybody know if adam ashe will still be playing at glasgow as an EDP next year ? because with wilson, vernon and strauss competing for 8 next year at Glasgow it will be a shame if he does not get that much game time as he looks talented. Out of this team it will be interesting to see how many progress to gain a full scotland cap

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 pm

CraigS1874 wrote:yeah fair comment. O and for the people talking about sam hidalgo clyne that is him getting handed of at 1.10 in farndales video.

Does anybody know if adam ashe will still be playing at glasgow as an EDP next year ? because with wilson, vernon and strauss competing for 8 next year at Glasgow it will be a shame if he does not get that much game time as he looks talented. Out of this team it will be interesting to see how many progress to gain a full scotland cap

Well if he's good enough he'll get the shirt at Glasgow, Dunbar and Horne have displaced Morrison, Fusaro overtook Barclay briefly, same with MacArthur and Hall, Weir and Jackson. If he's not he'll end up on a small Island in the English Channel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 am

Argentina side:

1 - Lucas Noguera Paz
2 - Santiago Iglesias
3 - Matías Díaz
4 - Guido Petti Pagadizabal
5 - Tomas Lavanini
6 - Tomas Lezana
7 - Pablo Matera
8 - Facundo Isa

9 - Felipe Ezcurra (c)
10 - Patricio Fernández
11 - Germán Schultz
12 - Juan Pablo Aguirre
13 - Joaquín Paz
14 - Rodrigo Etchart
15 - Santiago Cordero

Substitutes:
16 - Facundo Gigena
17 - Julian Montoya
18 - Tomas Ramirez
19 - Vittorio Rosti
20 - Jeronimo Mazzoni
21 - Juan Bernardini
22 - Emiliano Boffelli
23 - Axel Müller

Coaches: Bernardo Urdaneta and Rodolfo Ambrosio.

(Not that any of those names mean anything to me)

Last edited by Pat_Mustard on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Google translated some of the names)

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks for that Pat... Headscratch

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:24 am

you mean you don't follow Argentinian club rugby?

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 am

Pat_Mustard wrote:Argentina side:

1 - Lucas Noguera Paz
2 - Santiago Iglesias
3 - Matías Díaz
5 - Tomas Lavanini
6 - Tomas Lezana
7 - Pablo Matera
8 - Facundo Isa

9 - Felipe Ezcurra (c)
10 - Patricio Fernández
11 - Germán Schultz
12 - Juan Pablo Aguirre
13 - Joaquín Paz
14 - Rodrigo Etchart
15 - Santiago Cordero

Substitutes:
16 - Facundo Gigena
17 - Julian Montoya
18 - Tomas Ramirez
19 - Vittorio Rosti
20 - Jeronimo Mazzoni
21 - Juan Bernardini
22 - Emiliano Boffelli
23 - Axel Müller

Read somewhere that about 5 of that starting line up for Argentina are full international caps. THink it is the left wing, fly half and 3 of the forwards.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:21 am

Pat_Mustard wrote:you mean you don't follow Argentinian club rugby?

More of a fan of the Romanian club rugby scene personally.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
Pat_Mustard wrote:Argentina side:

1 - Lucas Noguera Paz
2 - Santiago Iglesias
3 - Matías Díaz
5 - Tomas Lavanini
6 - Tomas Lezana
7 - Pablo Matera
8 - Facundo Isa

9 - Felipe Ezcurra (c)
10 - Patricio Fernández
11 - Germán Schultz
12 - Juan Pablo Aguirre
13 - Joaquín Paz
14 - Rodrigo Etchart
15 - Santiago Cordero

Substitutes:
16 - Facundo Gigena
17 - Julian Montoya
18 - Tomas Ramirez
19 - Vittorio Rosti
20 - Jeronimo Mazzoni
21 - Juan Bernardini
22 - Emiliano Boffelli
23 - Axel Müller

Read somewhere that about 5 of that starting line up for Argentina are full international caps. THink it is the left wing, fly half and 3 of the forwards.

Thing is if you play rugby in argentina, youll get capped at some point. It often gets overlooked that they play the other south american countries regularly, throwing in up to 10 debutants at a time who will never play for them twice despite thrashing Brazil by 100 points. Despite being the same Argentina team as the one were aware of, they essentially switch to A team mode.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:58 pm

We're 26 - 13 down at half time. Getting badly hurt in the scrum by the sounds of it.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Captain_Sensible wrote:Getting badly hurt in the scrum by the sounds of it.

theres a surprise. Cant remember the last age grade scrummaging unit weve had that has been competitive. Our props dont develop/we dont develop them until they are in their early 20s.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:
Captain_Sensible wrote:Getting badly hurt in the scrum by the sounds of it.

theres a surprise. Cant remember the last age grade scrummaging unit weve had that has been competitive. Our props dont develop/we dont develop them until they are in their early 20s.

One of the mysteries of Scottish rugby. Why we don't get our most talented props involved with an EDP pro set up ASAP I will never understand. We have a competitive team outside of the FR!

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Wow never saw that coming, we knew the Argy forwards would be big and physical but I though Scotland stood a chance.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm afraid that result was always coming bluesman - Arg beat South Africa in a three-match warm-up series prior to the JWC, so they are a pretty useful side.

Happy with tries from Farndale and angel

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:30 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:I'm afraid that result was always coming bluesman - Arg beat South Africa in a three-match warm-up series prior to the JWC, so they are a pretty useful side.

Happy with tries from Farndale and angel

But it's not the same SA as last time out, they lost a fair few players and they really targetted that last tourny... Although saying that my tipped team USA just took a 97 point tonking off them!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Yes, final score 44-13 to the Pumas.

Although if it makes anyone feel better, the Eagles were horsed 97-0 by the Baby Boks. No, that's not a mistyping. Respect also to our paddy brethren who took down Australia 19-15.

Edit: Bluesman - respect for putting 40 points on the Samoans too.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next