The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotty Cameron putters

+4
oldshanker
barragan
navyblueshorts
Handicap28
8 posters

Go down

Scotty Cameron putters Empty Scotty Cameron putters

Post by Handicap28 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

Anybody out there use a Scotty regularly? Are they worth the money and what sets them apart from other brands? I'm always looking at new putters but so far have never been brave / rich enough to go for one of these.

Handicap28

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron putters Empty Re: Scotty Cameron putters

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:35 pm

I use a Studio Select Newport 2.6 regularly although currently trying a Ping out that I like. Scotty's are genuinely good putters but somewhat overpriced I think due to the name. The balance on mine is very good and the sweet spot seems pretty large; nice feeling ball strike with it.

I wouldn't say that there aren't other makes which compare favourably but Scotty's are definitely a good putter. Worth the price? Depends if you hole the putts doesn't it and maybe the ~£180 mine cost is worth it for a club I might use ~30 times around; a lot more than a driver which these days costs a lot more.

Try a few as, at the end of the day, it's all about what suits you and your putting style. Worry about the cost if/when you find one that you can't miss with!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:04 pm

i won a decent cash prize at uni for my final year submissions and wanted to put some of it toward something 'useful' that i'd keep in the bag. had a look at a few putters, but at the time there was nothing else that had the look or feel of being a long term purchase. 4 years on, it still feels and looks lovely and i've not had any thoughts of changing to anything else.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

I'm a putter tart and have a teryllium newport leaning against the wall in the office, together with a ping Karsten, Benross pure red valhalla, a number of cheaper putters that I have 'bastardized' in one way or another and an original hickory shafted mallet style putter, with others scattered around.

In the bag at the moment is a recently purchased 50 year old 'Benny' Ben Sayers putter, awaiting the feel of my manly mitts around its original square cork composite grip!

Nearly bought an old oddity last weekend, it is just a hollow pipe in place of a blade, decided against it as it looked awful when looking down! laughing
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

If a putter feels good to you, it's worth whatever it costs as its the club you use more than any other.

It might be a £5 Donnay or a £600 custom CNC milled effort. Nothing more personal than a putter, which is why its strange that the marketing effort all goes into drivers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerw12 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

Ive used a few scottys in my time...oil can newport and a teryllium santa fe. I'm currently using a Scotty California Hollywood which for me has excellent weight and feel! Personally I think they are well worth the money but its really all down to personal taste. Just go to your local shop and try all the putters they have.

Tigerw12

Back to top Go down

Post by john manly Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:13 pm

While I am generally a fan of Titleist products, as a maker of clubs for real golfers, minus the gimmicky rubbish of Taylormade etal, I feel the price of these putters is a complete rip orf!

Sure, they look lovely, but are no better than anything made by other brands at much more reasonable cost.

john manly

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron putters Empty Could it be a Scotty for 99p ???!!!!

Post by ronin47 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

Talking of Scotty Cameron putters....

picked this up a couple of years ago on ebay at the ridiculous price of 99p + £5 postage.

see pics here - http://jpegbay.com/gallery/001778437-.html

Best thing I have ever bought on ebay.
Excellent feel and I would not sell it for £100 now.

Is it genuine? I have no idea - could be a tel3 clone or one that fell out of the factory before it got finished.

Couple of local pro's have tried it and they cant tell the difference either and both of them use Scottie's.

Never seen another one since.

ronin47
ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down