The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak was clinical in avenging the finger

+10
Jeremy_Kyle
invisiblecoolers
luciusmann
Danny_1982
Josiah Maiestas
CAS
bogbrush
kemet
jersey
socal1976
14 posters

Go down

Novak was clinical in avenging the finger Empty Novak was clinical in avenging the finger

Post by socal1976 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 pm

It was just 12 months ago when the great Federer put a stop to Novak's dreams of making history at Roland Garros. There was the gesture of rejoicing from Roger at the end of the match that showed us how much that win meant to him. It was his signature win of the year. Yet today Novak gifted his fans with a performance that will put the finger and the infamous italian job away.

On a day with wet, slow conditions and on clay Novak wisely relied on his consistency and played a wonderfully clean match against Federer. On a day where Fed was plagued with errors and struggled against the conditions Novak hit more winners than unforced errors and his returning was spectacular. Certainly, today the conditions favored the returner but 7 breaks of the guy leading the ATP in percentage of games held. This is what made his performance so special. Especially the second set where he was double break down, and then tied the score and went a break down again and still won the set. I actually think of the two Novak was much more impressive than Nadal against a much more difficult opponent. I finally feel like Tsonga and Federer finally gave Novak his groove back and I feel much better about the final now than I did just 24 hours ago.

Novak used the patterns discussed before the match perfectly, attacked fed cross court with the backhand and inside out keeping him in the backhand corner. Roger was having trouble with errors. And the most effective return for Djokovic again was the deep one right back at fed. A large number of the errors came when Roger was suprised by the depth and pace of the return on the first ball. In short, a very nice day for Novak. Congrats to him. And we are set for what maybe the most historic grandslam final in many years. One of two men will be creating history. If Novak wins it would be an outrageous achievment in sports.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Novak was clinical in avenging the finger Empty Re: Novak was clinical in avenging the finger

Post by jersey Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Laugh

jersey

Back to top Go down

Novak was clinical in avenging the finger Empty Re: Novak was clinical in avenging the finger

Post by kemet Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Congratulations on the success of your favourite player Socal. I know that you could not resist the slight dig at Roger Federer and Federer fans with the provocative thread title, but that is neither here nor there.

While you should be happy for Novak, you should be sobered by the fact that Rafa would have beaten him in straight sets if he was in Roger's position today. Novak has a lot of work to do ahead of the final. Rafa will not be making as many unforced errors as Roger did today....

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Well Kemet what makes you think Novak will play Nadal like he played Roger. Novak knows if he plays at or near his best he will win and achieve history and he is now finally after many months of anticipation one match away. Even if he loses in many ways I feel like I am playing with the house money. Nadal is supposed to win. Novak does better this year and adds points at RG while Fed loses points. And his fightbacks this tournament have been great. But don't think for a second I don't think that he has a great chance of winning. Nadal has yet to play anyone who hits a heavy and hard enough ball who can challenge him, lets see what happens.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Djokovic fans are soooooo touchy about Federer raising his finger!good job Nadal fans are more relaxed about shirt ripping, body builder posing, Cantona stares etc!!!

Federer broke serve more times than he had against some othe opponents he's faced, and that on his worst surface, in slow conditions and in an event he's not looked convincing from the start.

I'd be concerned about that if I were Djokovic.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 pm

bogbrush wrote:Djokovic fans are soooooo touchy about Federer raising his finger!good job Nadal fans are more relaxed about shirt ripping, body builder posing, Cantona stares etc!!!

Federer broke serve more times than he had against some othe opponents he's faced, and that on his worst surface, in slow conditions and in an event he's not looked convincing from the start.

I'd be concerned about that if I were Djokovic.

Exactly, and now we have to hear this Fognini garbage again. And Federer fans are accused of being arrogant and obnoxious. Oh, the irony....

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh I actually don't really mind the finger all that much, he was just being happy I said it in my post. I just commented on it because the match and the reaction has gained a bit of fame. I was more worried about the prospect of facing Nadal before this match. Now I feel like Novak has played his way into the tournament. Federer actually came out playing really well in the first set but he had to redline his game and go all out against Novak. Eventually, the errors caught up to him. But two guys where playing with crappy conditions, and Novak hit more winners than errors and yes he got broken 4 times as well. But it was a slow clay court and he doesn't win by overwhelming people on serve anyway.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 pm

I think Novak only needs to serve better, even though Federers first serve percentage was low, he only won 56% when it went in. Of course, conditions played a part but Djokovic return was still unreal today, I think its the most impressive thing in the sport right now. And I think he reads Nadals serve amazingly, Nadal has looked flabbergasted at times with what the Serb can produce on return at times.

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:01 pm

socal1976 wrote:Well Kemet what makes you think Novak will play Nadal like he played Roger. Novak knows if he plays at or near his best he will win and achieve history and he is now finally after many months of anticipation one match away. Even if he loses in many ways I feel like I am playing with the house money. Nadal is supposed to win. Novak does better this year and adds points at RG while Fed loses points. And his fightbacks this tournament have been great. But don't think for a second I don't think that he has a great chance of winning. Nadal has yet to play anyone who hits a heavy and hard enough ball who can challenge him, lets see what happens.

For your sake, I hope he does. Trust me, for once, I would like someone other than Rafael Nadal to win Roland Garros, as I am sure people were happy for Rafa to break through at Wimbledon and other surfaces.All I am saying that Rafa came very close to beating Novak in Australia and was beaten at Monte Carlo and Rome. I understand that there were extenuating circumstances in Monte Carlo, but Rome was a result that Novak can make little excuse for.

As for Federer losing points, so what? He can easily pick them up again if he does well for the rest of the year, who knows what the future holds. Again, I am happy that he won, but I take exception to your opportunistic triumphalism.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:06 pm

CAS wrote:I think Novak only needs to serve better, even though Federers first serve percentage was low, he only won 56% when it went in. Of course, conditions played a part but Djokovic return was still unreal today, I think its the most impressive thing in the sport right now. And I think he reads Nadals serve amazingly, Nadal has looked flabbergasted at times with what the Serb can produce on return at times.

Great post CAS I agree fully, i think that this will be the deciding factor in the Djoko v. Nadal matchup on sunday. I think novak is going to get at Nadal's serve. Nadal probably will get his breaks as well, but Novak I think if conditions are playing slowly will really attack Nadal's second and put so much consistent pressure on Nadal that it will eventually tilt the match in his favor. And I also think novak will serve better than he did today as well. He was kind of forced to spin in a lot of serves due to the windy conditions.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Atleast Novak was playing fair and not going over 30 seconds per serve on multiple occasions. He would never do that, Novak Eggovic.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Certainly Nadal has been tougher in 2012 than in 2011. But I do feel like we will see the best from Novak tomorrow. I think that he has really matured as a competitor. And I think that the conditions have favored the returner this tournament. Nadal hasn't been broken but once but well you know my thoughts on the nature of his draw. Having the added help of the slower conditions with how well Novak usually returns Rafa, I think that will be the difference. Lets remember he broke fed 7 times and fed is dominating the serving stats on the ATP this year. Plus I like the fact that Novak played a very clean match in very tough conditions against a very tough opponent.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 pm

6-3 6-2 6-1 for Nadal. I won't be far off with this prediction, Nadal will butcher him far worse than he usually does to Federer.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:18 pm

I do feel Novak was slightly surprised to have won that 2nd set, at 4-2 30-40 the ball was called out and Novak started walking, didn't seem interested. I think thats why he played that all out game at *3-0 think he felt the set was gone. When he won it, the look he gave his box was someone who thought this is going too well.

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm

JM you got to be kidding. I don't think Nadal is as heavy a favorite as everyone is making him. I do think his draw hasn't been the most challenging for him as the players he has matched up with haven't had the power to hit through him on the slower conditions for the most part. I will put you in the book as another one of the doubters.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 am

I think the conditions played a big part today. The game was always going to be on Federers racquet. He struggled to execute in the blustery conditions, Novak's slightly more consistent and conservative aggression was lower risk and the stats say he made less winners but far less errors too.

A performance of intelligence from Novak. can Novak win the final? Sure he can. Nadal looks sensational and will not cough up any errors, so it will be a completely different match. A war of attrition. Nadal has to be favourite as the in form guy and with 2 wins against Novak behind him, but I don't think there will be a lot between them.

If I had to put a bet on I'd say Rafa in 4 very tight sets, but I would not be surprised if it went to 5.

One more thing, I don't think Novak was trying to avenge the finger. I doubt he's even thought about it. When a guy who has won 16 slams raises his finger you can't complain. Statistically the best player to have ever played the game has a right to do a no.1 salute whenever he chooses to. Novak is respectful enough to know that.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:26 am

Congrats on Novak winning socal. However let's not go over that 'Italian job' garbage again. The points Fed loses is mute because the only way it will damage Fed's chances is if Novak wins RG which I'm strangely in agreement with you on because I think his last 3 performances says something about how Djokovic faces adversity and how he fights all out and has won. It may not be enough on Sunday or it could be one of the special qualities that seals him the win.

All I'd point out on this rankings issue is that it just means that Fed's only route to No.1 spot is via winning a grand slam (i.e. winning Wimbledon or USO) which many will agree is as it should be. Novak losing on Sunday still makes it a distinct possibility Fed can overtake him without winning a slam (via winning other tournaments and getting to a final at one or both of the other slams). So strangely, if you believe the No.1 should be someone who holds at least one current slam you will mainly be supporting Djokovic on Sunday so that remains the case through the summer/autumn because anything else will still keep Fed very close to Nadal but not far off Djokovic should he slip up in Wimbledon, Cinci, Canada or the USO.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:33 am

Novak was very lucky today, this was the best of worst performance by Fed, Fed could have rather cited some injury problem and could have stayed away from this match rather than playing such a shiit match.

Yes conditions didnt suit Federer, but he lost the belief in himself which we fans had, both my players Federer and Ferrer let me down without a sign of a fight, there is nothing wrong in losing but no excuse for such pathetic performance.

Stood with Federer after the Wimbledon 2008, AO 2009 and USO 2009 loss, he showed a great character in all those matches, he lost but he never gave up even though he was so nervous, when he cried after AO 2009 everybody felt for him coz for the love he gave for the game, but today i am sorry this is not the Fed I know of.

Sorry If am I am rude Fed should be ashamed of his performance today. Sad

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:05 am

Finger, Italian job....

Fed is getting old, and you seem to totally ignore this elementary, yet important truth. Why is that? Maybe its just you are such a silly guy.........
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:18 am

Lets start wit the positive, great post lucius. I do agree something telling about how Djokovic has clawed his way back in these last three matches. Even today he was dead in the water in the second set. I don't think I ever remember Fed giving up a double break lead in a grandslam match. I mean after Novak tied the match I think even when Fed got a break up again Roger didn't believe he could win today.

JK, Fed is still #3 in the world, lets say he isn't fed he is any other top 3 player. I feel happy that Novak has won 3 tough tests in a row and has finally started playing clinically. What is clinical about his performance Jeremy is that Djokovic in conditions that caused fed to go on an error fest Djokovic played a real clean match from top to bottom. He got a high percentage of first serves in, didn't make any errors and more than hit his share of winners.

Invisible coolers, poor man who predicted a federer triumph now has to deal with the cold hard fact that Novak summed just gear 5 of 6 and was able to take down Roger in straights. Roger is great but in slow conditions he will have his problems with two guys ranked above him as I predicted it would be routine.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 am

Nole deserved to win because Federer didn't play well at all. He won by default and on Sunday will lose by default. Two most boring players ever in the final. nope
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy As promised socal (my smilies if they are working)... but I think it might be pay back time tomorrow.

Im neither a Novak or a Roger fan so I think my opinion is from a purely neutral position.. you have complained all along about Novak´s draw... well as it happens he couldn´t have had it better... he had more resitance from Seppi and Tsonga than he had from Roger. What a terrible performance by the GOAT Novak must have thought it was his birthday. Sorry Federer fans but I do not see how any of Novak´s supporters can get much satisfaction from that match yesterday other than to say Novak is in the final... Im looking forward to tomorrow Socal because if Seppi and Tsonga can take him to match points. Im sure Rafa can do better than that.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:15 am

Hi Socal, I also enjoyed Nole´s win with Roger. It seemed to be Nole was getting into his returns, deeper shots and angles, so there is a hope that tomorrow he could give the best from him.
If Nole returns well and helps to himself with good serve then the tomorrow match could be another strong battle depending on stamina and on nerves. So, let us hope thumbsup

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:14 am

Federer is 30. I am not sure if you've noticed...

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:18 am

Seifer Almasy wrote:Federer is 30. I am not sure if you've noticed...
Add in the fact that he has played in a mere 1043 PROFESSIONAL TENNIS MATCHES and you'll have to accept hes not going to be in great form too often. You can't turn water into wine overnight.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:20 am

Federer´s age is only something we get reminded about by his fans.
He maintains he is going to be No.1. again Win Slams and a Gold medal at the Olympics .. so what are you saying exactly ???

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:34 am

Nadal will be out of tennis when he gets to Federer's age, or at best be ranked outside the top 10. His style won't work when he's older.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:50 am

Haddie, as much as people like to tell us, age is not just a number.

It is a physiological truism; as you get older, you deteriorate physically. This is even more evident with elite sportsmen where a few percent drop is all that is required to change one from a champion to a mere contendor.

Of course Federer will put on a brave face for the media and fans. What would you expect him to say? I'm slower than I was, the fire in the belly is less, I'm a family man with different priorities? Can you imagine the backlash from the media and even his own fans. They'd be calling him an excuse maker, a wimp, and all sorts of other stuff.

Some Novak and Rafa fans (not meaning you Haddie) would be wise to be less triumphant, less exultant in their schadenfreude. It won't be long before the tables are turned on their heroes.

That is the inevitable passage of time and age.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Now that the dust from the semi-finals has settled what do we have?

A career first Roland Garros final for Novak Djokovic clap

A fourth consecutive Djokovic - Nadal grand slam final Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Federer´s age is only something we get reminded about by his fans.
He maintains he is going to be No.1. again Win Slams and a Gold medal at the Olympics .. so what are you saying exactly ???

He is not a usual player. He is amazing for a 30 year old. But he is nowhere near the level he was 2004-7, so please don't try making it out like he is.

This is more to do with how much they've ruined the other surfaces by favouring baseline defence.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:06 pm

This is more to do with how much they've ruined the other surfaces by favouring baseline defence.
Strangely, had Djokovic not come in to the net to make a quick reaction volley, he would have lost to Tsonga. Had he stayed back Tsonga would have likely won that rally, at 15-40 and 4-5 4th set.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Federer´s age is only something we get reminded about by his fans.
He's always positive, it's great. He was positive going into the clay Slam, using slower balls in damp conditions. He always is that way.

Doesn't change reality.

Let's see Rafa coming up to 31. I doubt you'll say it's peak Rafa.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

Strangely, had Djokovic not come in to the net to make a quick reaction volley, he would have lost to Tsonga. Had he stayed back Tsonga would have likely won that rally, at 15-40 and 4-5 4th set.
In fact he had balls up his net play and JWT had a straightforward passing shot, which put into a decent place but into a good volleying plce (good volley though). Had he gone to the body it was over.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:38 pm

emancipator wrote:Haddie, as much as people like to tell us, age is not just a number.

It is a physiological truism; as you get older, you deteriorate physically. This is even more evident with elite sportsmen where a few percent drop is all that is required to change one from a champion to a mere contendor.

Of course Federer will put on a brave face for the media and fans. What would you expect him to say? I'm slower than I was, the fire in the belly is less, I'm a family man with different priorities? Can you imagine the backlash from the media and even his own fans. They'd be calling him an excuse maker, a wimp, and all sorts of other stuff.

Some Novak and Rafa fans (not meaning you Haddie) would be wise to be less triumphant, less exultant in their schadenfreude. It won't be long before the tables are turned on their heroes.

That is the inevitable passage of time and age.

ghost

emancipator

Well said emancipator, well said. I could not have put it better myself.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Absolutely, age is irrelevant if you do certain activities like gardening, cooking, baking or knitting Whistle but it does matter in professional sports, tennis especially.

In the case of Fed he is ageing very well, and most of past players were at his age a shadow of their best. Yet, this doesn't mean he is time immune. Fed's footwork in particular, is no longer as lightening fast as it was in the past, affecting his shotmaking ability when he is moved around court and causing significant increase in UEs in tight matches.

Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:34 pm

BTW Socal, the title of this thread is hilarious 'avenging the finger'.

It's like 'the finger' has taken on some evil, mythical status laughing

ghost

emancipator - from the ashes and shadows the finger shall rise again. Mwahahahahah

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:43 pm

I don't think the finger has been made anything of anywhere else.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 pm

It's the siege mentality many Djokovic fans try to conjure up.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Also why do players always need to be given credit for their performances. I mean someone had to lose and if they both played badly neither is due anything. Having not seen the match it sounds like Fed broke himself down without Novak having much to do with it.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:53 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Also why do players always need to be given credit for their performances. I mean someone had to lose and if they both played badly neither is due anything. Having not seen the match it sounds like Fed broke himself down without Novak having much to do with it.
Novak did pretty well in the returning games but he didn't have to fight as hard as normal yesterday. Never seen so many errors from Federer in a semi final of a slam.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:03 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Also why do players always need to be given credit for their performances. I mean someone had to lose and if they both played badly neither is due anything. Having not seen the match it sounds like Fed broke himself down without Novak having much to do with it.

Novak returned well, but Roger did not do himself any favours with the numerous unforced errors (I believe it was 60). that he committed yesterday. Novak did what he had to do and kudos to him, but Roger certainly did his best to make life easy for Novak. Rafa will not be doing the same tomorrow.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:21 pm

paulcz wrote:Hi Socal, I also enjoyed Nole´s win with Roger. It seemed to be Nole was getting into his returns, deeper shots and angles, so there is a hope that tomorrow he could give the best from him.
If Nole returns well and helps to himself with good serve then the tomorrow match could be another strong battle depending on stamina and on nerves. So, let us hope thumbsup

Exactly, both these guys play really well in long rallies. But tomorrow mark my words paul the winner of the match will be the one who does the most damage on the first ball. Whether it be 1st or 2nd serve or Return. The player that can get on top of the points by serving better and being more aggressive on returns will win the match. I think that player will be Novak.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:24 pm

emancipator wrote:BTW Socal, the title of this thread is hilarious 'avenging the finger'.

It's like 'the finger' has taken on some evil, mythical status laughing

ghost

emancipator - from the ashes and shadows the finger shall rise again. Mwahahahahah

Emancipator it is a try at humor. I actually don't care unlike a lot of people whether Roger did the finger after his win or danced hula in a grass skirt. It has never been something I have really made a big deal about it is other people who get all up in arms about how someone celebrates. Are you fed fans so sensitive to my gentle goadings, it is basically a joke, i thought most people would see the silly humor in it. Novak avenged his loss, I am sure he wasn't thinking about the finger on match point.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:26 pm

@Haddie. Well Haddie the thing I will say about Novak's performance from Seppi to Federer is that he has gotten better with every match. Tsonga really played great in my mind and would have beaten anyone not named Nadal or Djokovic that day. Federer didn't play great but hey in a windy day Novak played a clean match and still got his share of winners and aces. So lets see what happens. Nadal is rightfully the favorite but it isn't going to be easy one way or the other barring an injury god forbid either way. Its going to be brutal.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 pm

socal1976 wrote:
paulcz wrote:Hi Socal, I also enjoyed Nole´s win with Roger. It seemed to be Nole was getting into his returns, deeper shots and angles, so there is a hope that tomorrow he could give the best from him.

Exactly, both these guys play really well in long rallies. But tomorrow mark my words paul the winner of the match will be the one who does the most damage on the first ball. Whether it be 1st or 2nd serve or Return. The player that can get on top of the points by serving better and being more aggressive on returns will win the match. I think that player will be Novak.

Agree that the returns will be the key for Nole to succeed tomorrow. Bad thing for Nole is that the clay and balls are so slow that Nadal will step back after serving and will able to get the ball in the game not so floppy. I see the key the first set and then let God act :-)
Returns will beat the serves tomorrow.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 pm

There must be some sort of record on the line in terms of holding serve? I think Roddick and Nadal have the joint record at the US Open with only being broken 5 times on the way to winning it, but I think Rafa has only been broken once all tournament this year?

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:18 pm

That is just a ridiculous stat, especially on clay.

However, Rafa does benefit from being a lefty when it comes to fending of break points.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:19 am

Well both Nadal and Djoko might calender grandslam, one with 4 wins in a row and other with 4 loss in a row in different grandslams.

I guess 4 loss in a row in different grandslams would hurt Nadal pretty badly, I dont wanna see that sight, so Vamous Rafa, go win it. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down