The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons Gavin Thomas forced to retire

+3
Smirnoffpriest
ScarletSpiderman
pioden gorllewin
7 posters

Go down

Dragons Gavin Thomas forced to retire Empty Dragons Gavin Thomas forced to retire

Post by pioden gorllewin Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:15 am

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/rugby/latest/9768213.Gavin_Thomas_forced_to_retire/

Wish him all the very best for the future. Always gave 100% to the Scarlet and Dragons shirt.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Dragons Gavin Thomas forced to retire Empty Re: Dragons Gavin Thomas forced to retire

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:57 am

That's a real shame. All the best for your future Gav.

Back to top Go down

Dragons Gavin Thomas forced to retire Empty Re: Dragons Gavin Thomas forced to retire

Post by pioden gorllewin Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:30 am

does than mean the dragons will only be going into the new season with darren waters and lewis evans as their only openside? maybe worth bringing in nash from cross keys to add some numbers to the position.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

A real shame for Gavin, he was one of those players who put their body on the line every time they took to the feild, and from what I have heard a top bloke too. All the best to him in his retirement.

A shame for the Dragons, however I guess their back row does have the likes of Lydiate and Faletau there, who do their fair share of openside style play.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:47 am

Big shame for him and the Dragons - always liked him as a player and really fitted in with Lyds and Toby.

As a side note is it time for the IRB to start looking into decreasing the size of players somehow or lessening the impact on the body as we're loosing more and more players to retirement for bad injuries which will plague them in later life.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

Always a shame to see someone retire because of injury and Thomas was one of those players who was great in his Club/Regional colours but never seemed to get fair crack of whip or didn't do it on the big stage.

From a Dragons point of view whilst his experience will be missed I do like the make up of a Lydiate Faletau Evans back row.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Tue 19 Jun 2012, 3:28 pm

Dragons should make a swoop for Josh Navidi. He's not gonna get much of a chance with the amount of backrowers at the Blues and he could do the business.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Jun 2012, 3:46 pm

Loose,

Personally I would rate Evans over Navidi but I agree Navidi needs to move on if he wants to make that next step up.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Loose,

Personally I would rate Evans over Navidi but I agree Navidi needs to move on if he wants to make that next step up.

He could come to the Scarlets!!!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

Priest,

Would he get a start over Turnbull, Shingler, McCusker or Edwards?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:35 pm

Good player, always gave 100% and a true 7, shame for him and the Dragons. Good luck to Gavin hope he has a successful new career.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:01 pm

Only Edwards out of them is a 7 - we need an out and out 7, I think Navidi is much better than Edwards already and will only improve - Mcgog might be playing 8 next season (I hope not) and Shingler and Turnbull will be needed to cover lock and 6 (and maybe 7 and 8 as well), so there would be plenty of game time for Navidi.

I can see game time being given to Dan Thomas instead.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

Would the last Dragon player to leave please turn the light off... if the electric hasnt already been cut off by then... Shocked
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down