The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lee thomas forced to retire

2 posters

Go down

lee thomas forced to retire Empty lee thomas forced to retire

Post by dragon4life Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm

London Wasps centre Lee Thomas has been forced to retire at the age of 29 because of an ongoing Achilles problem.

The Welshman ruptured the tendon in December and has been unable to fully recover, despite seven operations.

He played four times for Wasps and has represented Cardiff, Celtic Warriors, Sale Sharks and Lyon.

"The decision becomes a lot easier once it is taken out of your hands but it is still very difficult to accept," the former Wales under-21 player said.

"I would like to thank everyone I have worked with over the years, including coaches, supporters, players and my agent Christian Abt."

Wasps director of rugby Dai Young said: "It's a real shame because when he suffered the injury he was really beginning to settle into the club and starting to play some great rugby.

"Lee's a good man and we will help him out in any way we can in the future."

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

lee thomas forced to retire Empty Re: lee thomas forced to retire

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

On his day was a pretty decent player and always a shame when a player has to retire before their time. Good luck to him.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down