The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ferrer a better all court player than Nadal?

+6
hawkeye
lags72
JuliusHMarx
lydian
Josiah Maiestas
daltond
10 posters

Go down

Is Ferrer a better all court player than Nadal? Empty Is Ferrer a better all court player than Nadal?

Post by daltond Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

Ferrer has won 4 titles in 2012: 2 on clay, 1 on hc and 1 on grass.

Nadal has won 4 titles in 2012: all 4 on clay.

What do you think?

daltond

Back to top Go down

Is Ferrer a better all court player than Nadal? Empty Re: Is Ferrer a better all court player than Nadal?

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:06 pm

I think Ferrer will never get anywhere near Nadals levels on any surface.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Is Ferrer a better all court player than Nadal? Empty Re: Is Ferrer a better all court player than Nadal?

Post by daltond Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

But Ferrer is actually winning titles on other surfaces than clay this year.

daltond

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:13 pm

Not in the masters or the slams.. you must remember that Ferrer needs the small 250's and 500's much more than Nadal does to help him keep his 5th ranking.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by daltond Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

Ferrer is better on grass than Nadal who was unable to win Halle.

daltond

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:53 pm

daltond wrote:Ferrer is better on grass than Nadal who was unable to win Halle.
That's a little simplistic...Nadal is the 5 time Wimbledon finalist, twice winner and also won Queens.
What has Ferrer done at these showcase grass events?

Additionally Nadal has 2 HC slams, and 2 other finals. He's won HC Masters too.
What has Ferrer done at HC slams and Masters?

Even Ferrer himself would laugh if called a better all round player than Nadal.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

daltond, Ferrer didn't play anyone higher than 60 in the world. Nadal lost to the a player in the top 30. Methinks your conclusion has a slight Wumminess about it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

And methinks JHM has assessed correctly Wink

Not much to be debated on this 'topic' really ......

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by daltond Sat 23 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

lydian wrote:
That's a little simplistic...Nadal is the 5 time Wimbledon finalist, twice winner and also won Queens.
What has Ferrer done at these showcase grass events?

Additionally Nadal has 2 HC slams, and 2 other finals. He's won HC Masters too.
What has Ferrer done at HC slams and Masters?

Even Ferrer himself would laugh if called a better all round player than Nadal.

That was years ago.

Nadal has not won a grass or hc title in 2 years.

daltond

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:12 pm

I feel a little desperateness is beginning to creep into the posts of those that dislike Nadal. Is Ferrer a better player than Nadal? Can Nadal win a title off clay? Can Nadal ever beat Djokovic again? Can Nadal beat Djokovic in a slam final? Can Nadal win a slam without the draw being fixed? Can Nadal win a slam if they were played on one of those nice fast courts they had in the olden days? I really, really wish someone else would win Wimbledon etc etc...

Ha ha! I suppose it means he must be back to his winning ways.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by daltond Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:23 pm

hawkeye wrote:I feel a little desperateness is beginning to creep into the posts of those that dislike Nadal. Is Ferrer a better player than Nadal? Can Nadal win a title off clay? Can Nadal ever beat Djokovic again? Can Nadal beat Djokovic in a slam final? Can Nadal win a slam without the draw being fixed? Can Nadal win a slam if they were played on one of those nice fast courts they had in the olden days? I really, really wish someone else would win Wimbledon etc etc...

He couldn't last year.

daltond

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

daltond wrote:
hawkeye wrote:I feel a little desperateness is beginning to creep into the posts of those that dislike Nadal. Is Ferrer a better player than Nadal? Can Nadal win a title off clay? Can Nadal ever beat Djokovic again? Can Nadal beat Djokovic in a slam final? Can Nadal win a slam without the draw being fixed? Can Nadal win a slam if they were played on one of those nice fast courts they had in the olden days? I really, really wish someone else would win Wimbledon etc etc...

He couldn't last year.
Wrong warning
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/2011-01-01-world-tennis-championships-exhibition_N.htm

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:32 pm

Really are desperatge arn´t you daltond.. another anti-Nadalist... not quite getting the response you hoped for are you :doh:

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:35 pm

Nadal is a better player than Ferrer on all surfaces, he is the improved model of David and then some

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

David is a great tennis player there is no doubt but how on earth can he be compared to Nadal. With the mass of Masters titles, Gs titles and Olympic title to Nadal´s name.. Im sure David would feel highly flattered that anyone would think that he was a better all surface player than his friend and countryman..
Erm

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

Ferrer is a wonderful and world class player... But better all court player than Nadal? No.

He's not better than Nadal on any surface. I'm surprised anyone would even consider that he is. It's really not even close.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2012, 7:19 pm

Hello Jersey

I..am..the..emancipator

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down