The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Green Lantern

4 posters

Go down

The Green Lantern Empty The Green Lantern

Post by talkingpoint Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:24 am

When the trailers came out last year they didn't overly impress me and I made the usual judgement call that it was one for dvd. I saw it cheap in Tescos the other day and decided to pick it up. Basically I'm not sure what to make of it - in one respect it wasn't what I was expecting from a comic book film, which was quite a refreshing surprise but on the other some of the concepts were strange. The scale of the film was too ambitious in my opinion but I am not sure whether that was just the film or the comic? I quite liked the metaphor of will power being the most powerful energy source in the universe and the rings harnessing that energy in order to materialize superpowers but the Lantern corp didn't seem to have very many ideas or power to defeat Parallax despite meaning to be fearless! Hal's vulnerability was endearing but his character progression seemed to jump very rapidly from becoming a Green Lantern to being the only Green Lantern capable of standing up to Parallax. I would probably give the film a 6 1/2 out of 10 - the character has intrigued me enough to explore the graphic novels but my verdict is still out about whether the film was a success.

Opinions?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

The Green Lantern Empty Re: The Green Lantern

Post by Scott is Back Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Actually did the same as you, picked it up cheap in Morrisons yesterday, and i quite enjoyed it. I agree with your points about character progression though, but i think if they had dragged it out anymore i would have lost my concentration (which struggles after 90 mins!) All in all, i thought it was a decent, yet not mind blowing film 7/10 for me!

On a side note, its a 10/10 from the wife, as it has Ryan Reynolds in it!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:25 am

Very average film for me, I am slightly biased as ,Batman aside, I have always struggled to connect with DC superheroes over Marvel, it's a very ambitious film but the very nature of The Lantern always has been (intergilactic police man who's weapons are only limited by his imagination) wasn't the worst superhero film I've seen but far from the best 4/10

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by harris.margaret9 Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Very average film for me, I am slightly biased as ,Batman aside, I have always struggled to connect with DC superheroes over Marvel, it's a very ambitious film but the very nature of The Lantern always has been (intergilactic police man who's weapons are only limited by his imagination) wasn't the worst superhero film I've seen but far from the best 4/10
Ditto for me but I would rate it 5/10.

harris.margaret9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down