The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Wing

2 posters

Go down

Green Wing Empty Green Wing

Post by David Tails Tue 19 Apr 2011, 10:15 am

Following on from my Scrubs article, I thought I would continue the hospital theme and post about Green Wing.

I thought it was fantastic. British surrealist comedy at it's finest.

Did anyone else ever watch this?

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Green Wing Empty Re: Green Wing

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:19 pm

I am currently re-watching it. I think it is far better than Scrubs, but I've always found American humour a bit too crass for my liking.

There are so many scenes that I remember as being absolutely hilarious - killing the tamagotchi, Guy throwing the knife at Jake, the coffee enema, Statham and the gall bladder to mention a few.

I've heard it said that some of the outrageous antics, especially in the operating theatre, are actually more realistic than the portrayals by serious hospital dramas, which is quite a scary thought.

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:32 pm

Schrodinger's Cat wrote:I've heard it said that some of the outrageous antics, especially in the operating theatre, are actually more realistic than the portrayals by serious hospital dramas, which is quite a scary thought.

I'm willing to believe in that.

Some of the best scenes for me include Sue White. She is a great character.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

Sue White was very funny, but I sometimes found her too much. Even suspending belief didn't always help!

One of the strengths of the show was that all the characters were funny for different reasons. Mac had his quick wit, Guy his all-consuming arrogance, Sue White her innate weirdness, etc.

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:42 pm

Schrodinger's Cat wrote:Sue White was very funny, but I sometimes found her too much. Even suspending belief didn't always help!

One of the strengths of the show was that all the characters were funny for different reasons. Mac had his quick wit, Guy his all-consuming arrogance, Sue White her innate weirdness, etc.

Have to agree. it worked because they each brought their own things to the table. Martin was comically pathetic, Dr Statham was just mental.

I like that sort of surrealist comedy though so even the Sue White segments weren't too far for me.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

Surreal it definitely was. That's probably why it wasn't more popular, which is a shame.

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down