The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spider v chael

+3
Valero's Conscience
talkingpoint
boomdangle
7 posters

Go down

spider v chael Empty spider v chael

Post by boomdangle Tue 26 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

so the spider has finally responded and bit back at chael saying he wants to rip his head off and is going to beat him like his parents should.

The trash talking is working as this is most like the calm cool anderson we are used to seeing.

I would love chael to win this, but with this fire we are now seeing from the champ will he now step it up again or will his frustrations get the better of him. Either way with over a week to go its really shaping up nicely.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

spider v chael Empty Re: spider v chael

Post by talkingpoint Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:29 am

in a way I'm happy Silva has finall done some smack talking of his own - I want Silva to beat Sonnen and I really hope he comes good on his promises.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:37 am

Very interested in this fight. Everyone was shocked with how dominant Sonnen was against Silva first time out until the stoppage.

Sonnen just appears to be the perfect style to trouble Silva and I don't believe for a second Silva had a cracked rib as some have alluded to as he simply wouldn't have fought.

Back to the upcoming rematch, I think Silva will be punch pefrect and stop Sonnen whether by submission or TKO and we might see the best of him as he is highly motivated.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 01 Jul 2012, 11:55 am

you have to remember that chael was juiced for there first fight, having watched alot of chael there was no doubt that there was a sudden massive improvement from the chael that was fighting silva to the one losing to maia, filho and horn. would also add that now clean against bisping he didnt look great either. if that sonnen turns up he gets a beating, especially seeing though its in brazil. i expect anderson to do a job on sonnen this time around

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 01 Jul 2012, 2:50 pm

Whatever the circumstances of Sonnen's controversial loss to Silva the first time they met this fight just sells itself and the UFC must be thanking their lucky stars for this rematch. This PPV could break UFC records potentially, the animosity between each guy is literally palpable. It has the perfect chemistry of sport and drama - a real rivalry not just between athletes or fighters but between personalities. I'm very much looking forward to this fight and I hope Anderson destroys him, however since Silva has made those statements about breaking Chael's bones he's put pressure on himself now to deliver - I just hope Silva is mentally tough enough to cope with the expectations he's set for himself.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 01 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

full episode of PrimeTime

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-primetime-1001

Chael's a very complicated individual - he's almost bipolar: one minute he's humble and going back to his old high school to coach wrestling the next he's making offensive and outlandish statements about Silva and the Brazilian people! He talks about not buying into the hype and about being grounded and needing nothing but then he needs to be world champion and will do everything to get it otherwise his career will be a failure.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm

Hope Bisping gets a shot at the winner. Dana screwed him royally that night knowing the money was in Silva fighting Sonnen again. Bisping handed Sonnen his rear that night and it's one of the worst decisions in recent memory. If UFC is to become a credible alternative to boxing then decisons like that need to be nipped in the bud immediately. UFC/MMA already has enough detractors without questionable judging become commonplace.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:53 pm

If Silva beats Sonnen then I really don't know who could beat him - he may even retire undefeated (as champion).

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:07 pm

There'll possibly be a clamour for him to face Jon Jones at a catchweight. Maybe if the money's right Silva will consider it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 04 Jul 2012, 8:42 am

I hope so Dave, but they seem overly respectful of each other and I can't seem them fighting due to risk of either losing.

Jones idolises him and knows Silva's towards the end of his career so I think he'd rather not fight Silva and have Silva praising him once he retires.

Of course i'm sure both could be swayed by the right amount of money!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:34 am

I doubt Jones can cut below 205 to be honest. There's talk of him moving up to HW. Apparently his walk about weight is 240.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:50 am

azania wrote:I doubt Jones can cut below 205 to be honest. There's talk of him moving up to HW. Apparently his walk about weight is 240.

True, how he gets down to 205 is an achievement, the big fights will be him moving to HW, he'll make serious money for his first move up.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Wed 04 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

Is that Primetime show shown on UK TV?

Is it different from the UFC Countdown show that is listed on ESPN?

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

Clunge4life wrote:Is that Primetime show shown on UK TV?

Is it different from the UFC Countdown show that is listed on ESPN?

The Primetimes are on youtube and should be different from the countdown show but not seen it.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:20 pm

yeah the primetime and countdown are different - primetime is the documentary, countdown is the UFC preview show.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Fri 06 Jul 2012, 9:32 am

i watched the countdown show yesterday, i knwo chael is an ar*e but i really want him to win now. Some of the things he comes out with are quite out there, all his silva can respond wiith is he is crazy.

At one point chael said there are all employees we would like to take out and give a beat down just in his job he is able to do this. if he picks up the win i cannot wait to see what he would come out with next.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 06 Jul 2012, 10:25 am

boomdangle wrote:i watched the countdown show yesterday, i knwo chael is an ar*e but i really want him to win now. Some of the things he comes out with are quite out there, all his silva can respond wiith is he is crazy.

At one point chael said there are all employees we would like to take out and give a beat down just in his job he is able to do this. if he picks up the win i cannot wait to see what he would come out with next.

Not really sure who he'd face - he's already beaten (controversially) Bisping who would be in the mix, he's beaten Brian Stann, Okami is not in the title picture and they're team mates anyway and he's spent the last 3 years or so calling out Silva and trying to discredit him. If he becomes the champion what's next for him? If it goes to the judges then maybe a rubber match to decide the trilogy?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 06 Jul 2012, 1:55 pm

Some of the stuff he comes out with are hilarious -

"I'm gonna slap Silva as hard as i would slap his wife if she didnt make me a steak medium rare (looks at camera) JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT

Laugh

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 06 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm

"I'm gonna slap Silva as hard as i would slap his wife on the ass if she didnt make me a steak medium rare (looks at camera) JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Fri 06 Jul 2012, 2:32 pm

if he wins wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if he then ran for president. UN meetings would be great anyone giving him a problem he would just take them down.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 07 Jul 2012, 7:44 pm

the weigh in is really entertaining - funny how it's Silva who is the one initiating the physical contact and shoulder bumps Sonnen right in the face! I really, really, REALLY want Silva to punish Sonnen and put him through the canvas! Say what you want about how hilarious Sonnen is; personally I think he believes his own hype either that or is overcompensating for his own insecurity. Either way I'm behind Silva 100%.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:05 am

Couldn't be happier that Sonnen got beaten by Silva this weekend. The arrogance of the man is astounding. To think he could take Silva out with a spinning back fist of all things...clown. From the off, Silva looked cool calm and collected. He knew Sonnen was going to try a repeat of his last effort and just bided his time. The finish was cold and clinical and I loved it.

After jobbing Bisping, Sonnen didn't deserve his shot at Silva but Dana knew there was money to be made.

Sonnen has previously state that he would quit/leave MW if he lost to Silva (can't remember which). Shame Rogan didn't have the stones to put that question to him on Saturday.

I'd like to see Silva v Bisping over in the UK with Silva then moving up to LH to face Jon Jones maybe even at at Catchweight. Technically and stylistically, Jones is perhaps the only fighter with a chance of beating Silva.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 09 Jul 2012, 7:52 am

ecstatic that Silva won. Sonnen is a total joke. He lays on Silva for an entire round unable to escape Silva's guard and very obviously unprepared to engage in a grappling contest for fear of being submitted. Then in the second when he fails to get the takedown he became clearly flustered and panicked, throws a desperate back fist falls over and then immediately turtles up. Silva proved just how superior he is and why he is the greatest champion in UFC history. I really, really, really want Sonnen to stick to his word and quit the UFC, I'm so sick of his empty talk.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 09 Jul 2012, 9:01 am

agree with others that i was glad to see silva win. sonnen is the worlds worst for trash talking, shouting to everyone who will listen that he's going to smash his oppenent to pieces then go into the octagon and try and hump his opponent for 25 minutes. i dont mind wrestling in ufc even if the judges are very pro it in the scoring but sonnen offers no other martial art other than it and his fights are usually very boring, the only good bits to a sonnen fight is the build up, wouldnt miss him if he left. rather see a entertaining fighter in the octagon who's boring out of it than a boring fighter who entertaining outside the octagon. if i want to be entertained outside i'll go see a comedian!

the one thing i had forgotten is his how old silva is. he's now 37 there isnt much left for him to do. he has two options carrying defending his mw title another couple of times and retire undeafeted in the ufc, or try to move up to fight jones. at his age now when imo he isnt as good as he used to be i dont think he'll fancy the step up and will stick to middle weight

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 09 Jul 2012, 9:28 am

I really can't see a super fight happening - he's too old as you mentioned and besides retiring as an undefeated champion will create a lasting legacy in the sport. What I don't like about Chael is not necessarily his trash talking, but his attitude to the sport. He thinks he can just tackle someone to the ground and punch their head in but when you don't have the jiu-jitsu skills to escape the guard or go for a submission you're screwed. His contempt of 'strategising' and fighting to a game plan gives the sport a bad reputation. Silva on the other hand is the consumate professional - he was gracious in victory, used his skill and talent to beat Sonnen and even did his bit to promote the fight by fighting fire with fire regarding Sonnen's trash talking. At the end of the day Silva loves the sport of MMA, Sonnen has shown the sport so much contempt.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Couldn't be happier that Sonnen got beaten by Silva this weekend. The arrogance of the man is astounding. To think he could take Silva out with a spinning back fist of all things...clown. From the off, Silva looked cool calm and collected. He knew Sonnen was going to try a repeat of his last effort and just bided his time. The finish was cold and clinical and I loved it.

After jobbing Bisping, Sonnen didn't deserve his shot at Silva but Dana knew there was money to be made.

Sonnen has previously state that he would quit/leave MW if he lost to Silva (can't remember which). Shame Rogan didn't have the stones to put that question to him on Saturday.

I'd like to see Silva v Bisping over in the UK with Silva then moving up to LH to face Jon Jones maybe even at at Catchweight. Technically and stylistically, Jones is perhaps the only fighter with a chance of beating Silva.

That has got to be his worst move/biggest mistake of his career, what was he thinking. He is bitter over his first defeat but this is far worse.

I must admit I felt Bisping had done enough to get the win but your could also argue for a round each & one drawn hence a draw, but it's the judges fault not Sonnens. I think he did deserve the rematch as regardless of the Bisping fight, nobody had done that to Silva previously & it was the fight the fans wanted.

I think Bisping deserves a shot if he wins his next fight but I feel Silva beats him. As for jones at catchweight no chance, he's to big, no way does he make 195, more likely he moves to HW in 12 months time. Don't know how much Silva would fancy it, a year ago their was talk of GSP meeting him possably at catchweight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:09 am

Agreed with most sentiments. Sonnen's failed back fist was tragic and speeded up his loss.

I do like Sonnen as you need people like him to sell fights and he's only being sarcastic. The UFc appreciate him and they're the only ons he needs to please as they pay him.

Agreed that Silva would have to go all the way to LHW to fight Jones and i'm sure it will never happen with both parties being reluctant as both don't need each other so not worth the risk.

After Silva beats Bisping, Belfort again and possibly Cung Le and Lombard 9if they go on a winning spree) and maybe Stann there is nothing for him but retirement IMO. I reckon he won't have time for that many matches and will retire by the end of next year but who knows?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:13 am

dont you know that if you get one take down you automatically win the round in ufc, ignore the 99 failed attempts that sonnen had on bisping and dont reward a fighter at all for having great take down defence.

if my sarcasim is lost here, i too thought bisping had the better of thier fight. although was still close mind

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:56 am

I haven't seen the Sonnen/Bisping fight albeit I heard Sonnen was very respectful to Bisping and hinted he should of won.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:16 am

compelling and rich wrote:dont you know that if you get one take down you automatically win the round in ufc, ignore the 99 failed attempts that sonnen had on bisping and dont reward a fighter at all for having great take down defence.

if my sarcasim is lost here, i too thought bisping had the better of thier fight. although was still close mind

Sarcasm or no sarcasm that's pretty much how it is. The judges seem to score it that way & are biased imo towards wrestlers. Also the commentary seem to go wild for it as well. Ineffective ground & pound seems to go down well as well. Interestingly in the Tito vs Griffin fight Griffin was decked twice & still won the fight where as in boxing he'd have lost both rounds & the fight had it been 3 rounds.

What did people think of the rest of the card? A couple of quick wins & I enjoyed the Tito vs Griffin fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:23 am

tito and griffin was sad for me as they both looked awful, and both well past there best. forest was just popping shots that didnt look hurtful at all, not at all what im used to seeing at light heavy. tito did what i expected which was try to take down and fail more often than not. they both looked gassed by the end.

maia v stun gun ended before it started which was a shame, anybody hear what was wrong with him? was it his ribs? same with mendes although that was expected.

cung le was just ok, looking his age now. would expect one of the top boys to push him better and beat him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:27 am

compelling and rich wrote:dont you know that if you get one take down you automatically win the round in ufc, ignore the 99 failed attempts that sonnen had on bisping and dont reward a fighter at all for having great take down defence.

I agree 100%, it wasn't blantant robbery but Bisping did win. Far too much emphasis is based on takedowns when scoring a round, and as that is the case, they should also take in account takedown defense. Bisping has always had great takedown defense and proved this against probably the best in the business at takedowns.

Sonnen and made the blueprint on how to beat Silva but Bisping does not have anything in his locker that troubles him. I see this being an easy 1st TKO for Silva if they did meet.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:42 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

I agree 100%, it wasn't blantant robbery but Bisping did win. Far too much emphasis is based on takedowns when scoring a round, and as that is the case, they should also take in account takedown defense. Bisping has always had great takedown defense and proved this against probably the best in the business at takedowns.

Sonnen and made the blueprint on how to beat Silva but Bisping does not have anything in his locker that troubles him. I see this being an easy 1st TKO for Silva if they did meet.

I agree although not sure on how & when Silva wins, and Bisping aside I imagine everybody sees this going the same way. I don't think Dana is going to look to make this fight more likely he'll try and match Stann against Bisping hoping for a Stann win to then fight Silva. I have heard both Bisping & Stann have an interest in fighting each other, but if Bisping were to win then he deserves a shot at Silva.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down