The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'Possible Future England Stars' Thread

+13
sonic_boom10
LOVERBOY
guildfordbat
Mad for Chelsea
Corporalhumblebucket
MR. scotland27
GG
JDizzle
hodge
Liam_Main
Luke
scfc1992
Carrotdude
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The 'Possible Future England Stars' Thread - Page 2 Empty The 'Possible Future England Stars' Thread

Post by Carrotdude Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread devoted to keeping track of how the potential England players of the future are doing in county cricket. From the first 3 days of the summer the stand out performances I have noticed are from Adil Rashid who has taken match figures of 11-114 and from Ben Stokes who took 6 wickets and is currently 100* in Durham's second innings.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

The 'Possible Future England Stars' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Possible Future England Stars' Thread

Post by LOVERBOY Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Unfortunately Gareth Berg strained his side at Worcester on Sunday and Steven Crook replaces him in tomorrow's squad.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

The 'Possible Future England Stars' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Possible Future England Stars' Thread

Post by guildfordbat Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:08 pm

After all the mixed comments about the Ice Man, he misses tomorrow's CC game against Surrey due to a side strain! Whatever his ability, he at least seems brittle enough for England .... Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 pm

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:15 pm

lol,I like Berg though hes a decent player a just dont think hes England quality IMO.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:24 am

Although I'm biased as I went to school with him but James Vince from Hampshire. Future England no 3

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 pm

James Vince is a quality player who had a great season last year, especially in the T20.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun May 01, 2011 8:49 pm

A good weekend for future England batsman Jason Roy. As undefeated century for Surrey seconds yesterday and a sixty for the firsts in today's CB 40 match. He and Surrey are playing Hants in another one dayer tomorrow. Will they risk James Briggs against him? I doubt it ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Sun May 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Taylor got 101 from 86 today to continue his fantastic form. Alex Hales got a century as well today, he has been getting some decent scores this season as well.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed May 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Bairstow is a strong possibility; he's also in the Lions squad. And - as mentioned on other threads - Meaker is seriously quick.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon May 16, 2011 9:41 am

Bairstow has got himself in the Lions squad ahead of Davies so the selectors are certainly fans of his.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Tue May 31, 2011 11:44 pm

"nother player from Yorkshire to keep an eye on is ADAM LYTH.
A 24 year old left handed opening batsman, who can bowl right
handed off breaks if required."

24 years of age isn't a player who is young anymore. It must be remembered that Michael Atherton first played for England in 1989 before he was 22/23, and Nasser Hussain did likewise in 1990 when England hilariously used him at number 6 as their own Steve Waugh V the then still mighty West Indies bowling attack.

Anyway, looking at the future of the England side, in the absence of really talented openers who look likely to make it at a test match level, England could convert someone like James Taylor to become an opening batsman like what Australia did with Justin Langer.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:28 pm

followed James Vince's career progress with interest after his performances in the U19 WC. bit surprised he doesn't figure in the list of future stars for many. Stokes's another one, so is Taylor. Hildreth, like J Denly, seems a bit too inconsistent for me, from whatever bit of county cricket I followed.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by m@tt Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Vince is seen as a potential England international, but there are plenty of other excellent young players who have more runs and more experience than he does.

To be honest, his county stats are pretty average so far, even though he did score a big hundred earlier this season, so he's not doing enough to demand attention at the moment.
m@tt
m@tt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 pm

vince is incoistent

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:19 pm

msp83 wrote:followed James Vince's career progress with interest after his performances in the U19 WC. bit surprised he doesn't figure in the list of future stars for many. Stokes's another one, so is Taylor. Hildreth, like J Denly, seems a bit too inconsistent for me, from whatever bit of county cricket I followed.

discounting this season as it has been average so far for him, but before 2 seasons ago i think you could have said Hildreth was inconsistent, last 2 seasons he has been very good imo, he may not have always got the scores but when watching you could see there was something different about him, that he had matured. I think being one of the guy who has been around for a bit now has also helped him.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2