The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A plea to all you moderators re the Trolling on the rugby forum

+18
gregortree
LordDowlais
Knowsit17
thebluesmancometh
red_stag
Ozzy3213
munkian
sirtidychris
HERSH
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
gowales
anotherworldofpain
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Breadvan
sugarNspikes
maestegmafia
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A plea to all you moderators re the Trolling on the rugby forum Empty A plea to all you moderators re the Trolling on the rugby forum

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:25 am

There has been a problem with it on here since the sites inception, at the starts the mods were receptive to suggestions on how to avoid the inevitable idiots that only join forums to annoy others. Some tips were taking, the mods should be commended for their approach to give anyone with a previous reputation a fair chance to prove themselves capable of behaving in an adult manner.

Now we are getting to a point where any article on welsh rugby attracts the same idiots posting with the sole intent of rubbishing the thread and turning it into a pathetic bunfight.

I know I am not alone in being sick to death of it, it is the same idiots all the time and they are always hell bent on their pathetic behaviour.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

A plea to all you moderators re the Trolling on the rugby forum Empty Re: A plea to all you moderators re the Trolling on the rugby forum

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:25 am

Maes - we've made numerous bans in the last week or so. We work tirelessly against this sort of behaviour, and posts like these from yourself are not helpful. Not in the slightest. PM the Admin team in future please.

Back to top Go down

A plea to all you moderators re the Trolling on the rugby forum Empty Re: A plea to all you moderators re the Trolling on the rugby forum

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 08 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

maestegmafia wrote:There has been a problem with it on here since the sites inception, at the starts the mods were receptive to suggestions on how to avoid the inevitable idiots that only join forums to annoy others. Some tips were taking, the mods should be commended for their approach to give anyone with a previous reputation a fair chance to prove themselves capable of behaving in an adult manner.
Are you AWOP? Very Happy

maes, you do a fair bit of wumming yourself matey!

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:09 pm

Pretty notorious yourself on the old 606 mm..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

Bread,

I didn't post on BBC 606 for about two years due to the amount of rubbish from the same posters that constantly troll this site too.

I noticed one of them posted right above you.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Maes - we've made numerous bans in the last week or so. We work tirelessly against this sort of behaviour, and posts like these from yourself are not helpful. Not in the slightest. PM the Admin team in future please.

RD you may be banning repeat users but you are not dealing with the idiots who do nothing but aim to spoil decent threads, they may serve ban occasionally but your punishments do little to discourage them.

You may not like that I posted this thread, but I as a user of this site think it is necessary that we get to air our thoughts on the site in public. So that contributions can be read by all.

Maybe that will help you control, or even better eliminate the trolling on here...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 4:28 pm

Not really Maes, we have set procedures to deal with trouble makers, I would ask that you follow them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 08 Jul 2012, 4:42 pm

Breadvan wrote:Pretty notorious yourself on the old 606 mm..

Quite . Its amazing how often some of the people who post these threads manage to wind people up themselves, and what they mean by "trolling" is disagreeing with them.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Jul 2012, 4:51 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Not really Maes, we have set procedures to deal with trouble makers, I would ask that you follow them.

Maybe you should re consider your procedures and try to find some that work better than your current methods?

Maybe contact moderators of other forum sites and see what they do?

This post is in aid of improving this forum.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 4:52 pm

I think you should take note of other posts on this thread, Maes OK

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I think you should take note of other posts on this thread, Maes OK

Sorry but no, I disagree with their points.

For example yesterday, there were three or four interesting threads on Welsh rugby on the international board. A decent group enjoying interesting discussion of their different thoughts on the subjects proposed. One in particular On Gatland that Miaow obviously took a great deal of time writing...!

Then EnglandGloryForever and SugarNSpikes jump on trying to annoy those said posters with off topic tripe that they know will turn the thread into some pathetic bunfight.

Due to the lack of concern this causes mods, these idiots succeed. Time and time again.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 09 Jul 2012, 7:28 am

I'm get tired of certain posters constantly try to cajole the moderators into
Give the ban to members just who they know disagreeing about certain
Topics.

Please leave the job to the moderator team and stop try to influencing. Grow a thicker skin and realisate some people just have another opinion and
Doesn't mean they are troll or wum

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 09 Jul 2012, 10:02 am

zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Jul 2012, 1:42 pm

maestegmafia wrote:The inevitable idiots that only join forums to annoy others.

Is it that hard just to ignore these 'idiots'? If, as you say, they're only joining to annoy others, then they'll leave once they see they're not succeeding. This article guarantees they'll hang around for a while yet!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Mon 09 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

What I don't understand is that you can disagree with a poster, he can call you an 'idiot' and apparently you're the one who is trolling Headscratch

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 09 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

It is wrong to call anyone idiot, it is wrong to call anyone trolls, especially under the disguise of not specifically naming posters and thinking that makes it OK.

It is also wrong to continually hunt one poster down to discredit or disagree with everything that poster says just on the principal of disagreeing.

It is also wrong to continually complain about moderation in an open forum as it solves nothing.

It is wrong to continually make snide remarks just to get a reaction.

We are all supposed to be adults and therefor post mature informed arguments based on our experiences and knowledge.

Criticising a poster because he doesn't agree with your view on things is also not acceptable.

Disagree with the post, play the ball not the poster.

It really is simple when you think about it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:23 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Bread,

I didn't post on BBC 606 for about two years due to the amount of rubbish from the same posters that constantly troll this site too.

In fact maes when you joined sausage's1966 facebook group you were booted out! I remember because I asked sausage why he let you join!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:50 pm

Breadvan wrote:

In fact maes when you joined sausage's1966 facebook group you were booted out! I remember because I asked sausage why he let you join!

Headscratch I thought it was WLG who got the boot from Sausage's group?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Jul 2012, 6:33 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
Breadvan wrote:

Like many I joined then saw that posters like "nottins" were made Administrators and left...!

Breadvan,

I honestly do not remember ever seeing you on BBC 606...?? And I am very surprised you take such an interest in me as to make enquiries after me?

Were you posting as a different name?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 09 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

No interest, just joining in with the thread.
I was GlennQuagmire on the beeb606. Actually nottins and WLG (was anyway) ok in that group. Shocked
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:12 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:
Breadvan wrote:

Yeah, he was. maesteg probably was too.

maesteg was banned from old 606 and returned with the username 'evansjonescymru'.

Where is sausage these days?

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

I think the MODS should name and shame the worst offenders.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:34 am

This site is 100 times better than the old one

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:45 am

+1

I also think it was a shame that so many from the old bbc606 changed their usernames but kept writing the same old crap.

The cowards.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:38 am

HERSH wrote:+1

I also think it was a shame that so many from the old bbc606 changed their usernames but kept writing the same old crap.

The cowards.

Fair play Hersh, you didn't change your user name Wink

(that one was way too easy Whistle )
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:46 am

Nottins isn't really on the FB group anymore, though I have blocked him Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

The cowards.

Fair point HERSH...!

But the point is there is far too many post on this site intending to annoy people and there is no reason for it.

It is not in the spirit of the game, it is not part of the game.

Rugby is a gentlemanly sport famous for making friends through sport and touring, not about trying to make others get annoyed.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:24 pm

Maes, honestly no offence now, but the posts you take offence at on Welsh threads, you post just the same/similar on English threads. Differences of opinion are just that, they aren't always a wind up, which I think a lot of people are starting to forget on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:03 pm

+1 OK
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

The cowards.

Fair point HERSH...!

But the point is there is far too many post on this site intending to annoy people and there is no reason for it.

It is not in the spirit of the game, it is not part of the game.

Rugby is a gentlemanly sport famous for making friends through sport and touring, not about trying to make others get annoyed.

Maes in all honest, did you ever play? I never make it past rank amateur social rugby but even in there it was always a lot of wind up on the field. Good after but on the field you have to bit thicker skin and quick mouth or you will get bully and you cant losing the temper you have to staying calm and realisate there is only some light hearted and unimportant and keep focus! it's not useful to your blood pressure to let some opinion or fake opinion get to you. Then you lost already.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Maes, honestly no offence now, but the posts you take offence at on Welsh threads, you post just the same/similar on English threads. Differences of opinion are just that, they aren't always a wind up, which I think a lot of people are starting to forget on here.
RD

The posts that I, and many, many others take offence to are exactly the same ones, the ones written by people of a very low level of intelligence, who only want to instigate antagonism and ruin a good thread being enjoyed by posters who refrain from the pathetic squabbling they intended to instigate.

They are invariably exactly the same posters and that is all they do on this forum.

Some with more alacrity and monotony than is sanely conceivable. Are you completely unaware of this?

The common word used for what they do is "trolling". Most forums make "Trolling" illegal, they take serious measures to prevent it.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

maes, we are well aware that there are those who seek to be a disruptive influence and they get dealt with by the admin/moderation team when they are out of line. The problem in relation to you is that you generally regard anyone who disagrees with you as 'trolling', which makes it more difficult to sort out what is genuine trolling and what is you needing to grow a thicker skin.

You seem to be very unhappy with the way the forum is run and appear to feel that other sites where 'trolling' is illegal are better. If that is the case then you are not being forced to remain here. Threads like this one do absolutely nothing to promote harmony on the boards and are not in any way helpful to anybody.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:25 pm

My experience is that rugby is a game where by you do try to wind up the opposition so that they react and give away a penalty or worse.

But once you step off the field everything is forgotten (until the next time you meet) you have a pint and enjoy the great game.

606v2 is the same IMHO, you have some banter, some one comes out on top but you live to fight another day.

Mae grow some, at the end of the day you do your fair share of winding up/wumming or as some of us call it banter, but at the end of the day I'd happily have a pint with you once the dust has settled.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:02 am

maestegmafia wrote:The posts that I, and many, many others take offence to are exactly the same ones, the ones written by people of a very low level of intelligence, who only want to instigate antagonism and ruin a good thread

Just ignore them! It's really, really easy!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:08 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:The posts that I, and many, many others take offence to are exactly the same ones, the ones written by people of a very low level of intelligence, who only want to instigate antagonism and ruin a good thread

Just ignore them! It's really, really easy!

It seems like we have no Blwdi option rather than it being the only way. I am amazed that two moderators can't tell the difference between posters who are here just to annoy, and posters that might make a teasing comment.

LP it appears that it is impossible to have an open dissussion.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:16 am

Another important thing to bear in mind Maestegmafia.

I've seen some of these posters with reputations as trollers or wums come out with some excellent points and people immediately just disregard it and assume its a wum.

Keep your wits about you. Alert the moderators to posts that infringe on house rules and don't take their bait. Its not that hard to not bite.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 11 Jul 2012, 9:07 am

maestegmafia wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Maes, honestly no offence now, but the posts you take offence at on Welsh threads, you post just the same/similar on English threads. Differences of opinion are just that, they aren't always a wind up, which I think a lot of people are starting to forget on here.
RD

The posts that I, and many, many others take offence to are exactly the same ones, the ones written by people of a very low level of intelligence, who only want to instigate antagonism and ruin a good thread being enjoyed by posters who refrain from the pathetic squabbling they intended to instigate.

They are invariably exactly the same posters and that is all they do on this forum.

Some with more alacrity and monotony than is sanely conceivable. Are you completely unaware of this?

The common word used for what they do is "trolling". Most forums make "Trolling" illegal, they take serious measures to prevent it.

I disagreeing with you there about the "low level of intelligence" I think there you are lash out in some frustrated. Take some classic WUM like HERSH. Clearly this fellow is very intelligent because he is so quickly make some witty point base on the post that come from some tangent way of thinking. It's unkind to not appreciate this clever turn of the mind involve there! Maybe instead of let your blood pressure going up just seeing it in this context of how amusing is the little joke they make and be like the duck with water running off.

Sometime in the middle of some endless turgid regurgiated endless and pointless debate about some person preference for starting XV is some spark and ray of light for someone to add a bit of colour with the humour don't you agree? Is like when you see a joke made in parliament. It's not "trolling the political process" is just some spicey to life. Why must always things be relentless serious? we are not real coaches or selectors and our opinion are just in context irrelevant and so the discussion is not at the United Nations. thumbsup

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:56 am

Go with the flow Mae.

Chillax Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

maestegmafia wrote:I am amazed that two moderators can't tell the difference between posters who are here just to annoy, and posters that might make a teasing comment.
The thing is, it depends where the comment comes from. If someone writes 'The English side might as well be called SA or Kiwi 2nds' you've replied "Nice One, very funny mate...!"

However, if someone says 'North, Cuthbert etc are all English' you'll reply "Same old trolling again...!"

Whereas both comments are pretty much the same. It's all about perception, where the comment originates and where it is targetted.

I'm quite willing to offer the olive branch (again) old chap Smile

It's nice to discuss in a light-hearted way sometimes without anyone getting offended.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:49 am

Mae, I keep sending you a friend request but for some reason it's not working? Crying or Very sad
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

zzzzzzz.........

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

Rolling Eyes picard
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:28 pm

HERSH wrote: Rolling Eyes picard

Not aimed at you Hersh, but at the pointless thread instead Hug

Just a coincidence that i've posted it under your post in two different threads!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:I am amazed that two moderators can't tell the difference between posters who are here just to annoy, and posters that might make a teasing comment.
The thing is, it depends where the comment comes from. If someone writes 'The English side might as well be called SA or Kiwi 2nds' you've replied "Nice One, very funny mate...!"

However, if someone says 'North, Cuthbert etc are all English' you'll reply "Same old trolling again...!"

Whereas both comments are pretty much the same. It's all about perception, where the comment originates and where it is targetted.

I'm quite willing to offer the olive branch (again) old chap Smile

It's nice to discuss in a light-hearted way sometimes without anyone getting offended.

+2 clap

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

+3 Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:12 pm

+4

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

Oh get a room you two. kiss
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

MM

Although I disagree with you, I take your concerns and understand what you mean.

The prob is you, and lets be honest, most of us are as guilty as each other as having a bit of a wind up every now and then!

I think it was you arguing about the Saffacens team recently, Sarries fans are bound to get techy about that, then when the same is applied to welsh threads you throw your toys clean out of the pram!

There are a lot of sensitive souls on here though...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

Ultra Sensitive!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 11 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Like a litmus paper awash on a sea of acid.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next