The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 8 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 8 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Crimey Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:03 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Oh, he's a massive flop.

50m I believe it was

Last season Kaka scored the same and assisted more than Iniesta in less games. Yet Iniesta was lauded. Even the season before that even though be played 30 games less, he nearly scored as many goals.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 8 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by GSC Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

I don't know. He's been left out Madrid tour of the USA so it would appear hes a goner.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

If you pay 56m, anything less than a superstar is a flop. For him to be largely warming the bench in that time is a big flop.

Not neccesarily his fault due to injuries, but still.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:15 pm

Probably will be a loan deal and then this time next year in 2013 he will be sold back to Brazil ahead of the World Cup. Maybe, Madrid could keep hold of Kaka in some way (after his Milan loan has expired, if it is a loan), until 2014 and involve him in the signing of Neymar which should go through after the World Cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:10 pm

Brendon Rodgers is an arse
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:59 am

John wrote:Yer, makes sense from Mourinho to get rid. Not in the first team, injury prone and getting him out the door before Modric joins. I'm surprised he's not gone back to Brazil ahead of the World Cup. Fee?

What an insult to a player like Kaka, he's still only 30 and twice the player the overated rat boy Modric will ever be. Apparently the Real fans love Kaka and think he's one of the best players in the squad but at the end of the day its down to Mourinho if he starts or not.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:40 am

Always imagined Kaka at Chelsea..... It happens every FIFA game.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:18 am

martyr wrote:also swans not too happy about liverpool's interest in joe allen. Apparently they claim liverpool agreed not to try and sign the any of the club's players for at least 12 months, which is fair enough if you ask me.

I've also seen somewhere (certain it was SSN) that Joey's release clause was only applicable if a top 5 team made an offer. If that is the case how are Liverpool considered a top five team?

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:25 am

Define "Top 5" though (rhetorical question). Does that go by last years finishes or history?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm

What a load of garbage that top 5 clause is. It's basically £15m end of. I'm still astonished at that price, PL transfer market is embarrasing and in my opinion he won't improve Liverpool or take them to that next level.

@monty - I don't rate Modric either but you've got to get rid of players like Kaka nowadays with the financial rules and wages. Luka Modric for all the hype, basically only scores about 3 or 4 a season and only assists about 5, same thing with Joe Allen.

Newcastle linked with Ryan Babel....oh dear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

[quote="John"]What a load of garbage that top 5 clause is. It's basically £15m end of. I'm still astonished at that price, PL transfer market is embarrasing and in my opinion he won't improve Liverpool or take them to that next level.quote]

Clearly you didn't see him play much last year. He was the linchpin in Rodgers possession/passing style.....and only 22 years old. It's only down to the fact he's not english that he's not being touted as the premier leagues version of Xavi.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

Of course I saw him play and he's a talent for sure, however £15m is laughable, just like it was for Henderson. You can't forget Leon Britton who's contribution was massive for Swansea last season and it was actually him that recorded better passing and possession stats that Xavi last season and not Joe Allen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:57 pm

Leon Britton literally passes the ball 5 yards sideways or backwards all the time. Those stats are misrepresented
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:21 pm

John wrote:Of course I saw him play and he's a talent for sure, however £15m is laughable, just like it was for Henderson. You can't forget Leon Britton who's contribution was massive for Swansea last season and it was actually him that recorded better passing and possession stats that Xavi last season and not Joe Allen.

As a Swansea season ticket holder I'm well aware of what Leon did last season but this is about Joey and the reasoning behind his £15 million price tag. For Rodgers to play the same style as he did last season he's going to need players as good at it as Joey Allen is......nobody seems to even mention how effective he is in pressing the opposition to give the ball away.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

Oscar isn't even a big signing, it's just because of that large price tag he's in the table.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:34 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Oscar isn't even a big signing, it's just because of that large price tag he's in the table.

It's a big signing. FACT. The only reason you saying it isn't is simply because you've never seen him play in more than two matches probably and don't understand or acknowledge the clear and undeniable talent the boy has.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

Why do you have to be so agressive at times? You know, you really hurt feelings with your attitude towards posters.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:40 pm

That's not an aggressive response from me. You set yourself up for a negative response from people by claiming Chelsea's £26m signing is not a 'big signing', when it clearly is. He has a huge talent and is one of the stars of the Brazil Olympic squad and has been lauded as a wonderkid along with Neymar. I think fellow posters will agree with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:09 pm

That was a pretty aggresive response John, and throwing in an accusation that Juan hasn't watched him play.

It's a big signing because of the price tag, the club he's signing for and because some people think he's got lots of potential/talent.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

Saying x hasn't watched a player play isn't aggressive.

Its a standard John response.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:14 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Saying x hasn't watched a player play isn't aggressive.

Its a standard John response.

Neither are mutually exclusive Very Happy

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:16 pm

But, if he had watched him play on more than one occasion then Juan would of known that it was a big signing because of the ability this kid has shown and why he's commanded a £26m fee and was scouted by major teams in Europe. That was my point,that's all. I'm sorry if it came across aggressive Juan but saying it's not a big signing just in my opinion was always going to cause a discussion or debate and in particular from Chelsea fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

I apologise for my outburst. What I meant was, although Oscar is undoubtedly a huge talent, he's not "there" yet. He's still a youth player, however good he is. Comparing him to Gotze for example, Gotze has played a major part in his team for a year or 2 now. Not saying that Oscar wasn't playing all the time at Internacional but at Chelsea I don't know how muh game time he'll get as Chelsea have surely promised the AM role to Hazard. If it's any consolation, my feelings towards Lucas are the same. I'm very wary with Brazilians, just like players from the Dutch leagues. So many have failed completely/haven't lived up to expectations. Think Anderson and Kleberson.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:28 pm

agree with you TSJ!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

West Ham make loan bid for Carroll with option to buy for 15m+.

Oscar is better than Lucas
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:15 pm

Apparently Carroll doesn't want to move to West Ham, only wanting to leave Liverpool for Newcastle, and the loan part of the deal may stop Liverpool agreeing to it.

I am convinced that Liverpool should keep hold of Carroll and selling him would be a mistake.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:17 pm

The 35m seems to be the only thing making Liverpool keep him. After last season, you'd take 15m+ if you hadnt blown 35m on him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:24 pm

Crimey wrote:Apparently Carroll doesn't want to move to West Ham, only wanting to leave Liverpool for Newcastle, and the loan part of the deal may stop Liverpool agreeing to it.

I am convinced that Liverpool should keep hold of Carroll and selling him would be a mistake.

The thing is in his heart of hearts would he really want to stay? Would you if it became clear that your club - or more specifically the new manager -doesn't want you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:25 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:The 35m seems to be the only thing making Liverpool keep him. After last season, you'd take 15m+ if you hadnt blown 35m on him.

15 would have been his true worth at the time of buying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:31 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Crimey wrote:Apparently Carroll doesn't want to move to West Ham, only wanting to leave Liverpool for Newcastle, and the loan part of the deal may stop Liverpool agreeing to it.

The thing is in his heart of hearts would he really want to stay? Would you if it became clear that your club - or more specifically the new manager -doesn't want you?

I think it's been handled really poorly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:36 pm

Andy Carroll is a Plan B for Rodgers should he need it. He can be the Llorente of Liverpool, although Llorente can actually use his feet.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 7:09 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Andy Carroll is a Plan B for Rodgers should he need it. He can be the Llorente of Liverpool, although Llorente can actually use his feet.

Andy Carroll as well, obviously not as well as Llorente, but the past few months he improved both his first touch and passing a lot. I was never worried when the ball came to his feet.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 26 Jul 2012, 7:38 pm

Liverpool owners probably want to sue Dalgleish for wasting money.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:45 pm

Does anyone rate Victor Moses?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:51 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Does anyone rate Victor Moses?

I do. I think all wingers tend to be a little inconsistent, but whenever Moses plays I'm usually impressed by him and although he hasn't set the Premier League alight, it's difficult to do so for Wigan. I think he's certainly a decent option.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:27 pm

Don't rate him highly enough to play for Chelsea but good PL winger/frontman
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:41 pm

word from marca the spanish newspapaer that Nuri Sahin will go out on load to an english side for a season long loan and then return to madrid at the end of the season.

Early word is that Arsenal have secured his services.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

martyr wrote:word from marca the spanish newspapaer that Nuri Sahin will go out on load to an english side for a season long loan and then return to madrid at the end of the season.

Which would surely mean Santi Cazorla won't be on his way?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

Tim Cahill has left Everton for Red Bull New York now for £1 million.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm

Crimey wrote:
martyr wrote:word from marca the spanish newspapaer that Nuri Sahin will go out on load to an english side for a season long loan and then return to madrid at the end of the season.

I thought Graeme Swans Scabby Cat confirmed this signing ages ago Erm

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I thought Graeme Swans Scabby Cat confirmed this signing ages ago Erm

He's confirmed it a few times, but the most recent I heard was Wenger saying that talks are ongoing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Crimey wrote:

Sahin is a CDM, Carzola is a rw/cam.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:09 pm

Crimey wrote:Tim Cahill has left Everton for Red Bull New York now for £1 million.

Bargin of the season??

Perhaps that could be a new thread? Best bargin of the transfer window.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:13 pm

Small Time wrote:
Crimey wrote:Tim Cahill has left Everton for Red Bull New York now for £1 million.

Bargin of the season??

Perhaps that could be a new thread? Best bargin of the transfer window.

I'm not sure, last year he was pretty poor for Everton.

The problem is that they don't really have a replacement for him, and his fee means that they probably don't have the money to get one either.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:15 pm

I'm not sure that that deal isn't that bad for Everton. As said before, he was pretty poor last season and injured a fair bit. He's one of the top earners at the club and at 32, no spring chicken. £1m is probably a fair price for him i'd say

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

The latest news on the bible that is the Daily Mirror is that Wenger will be playing Carzola as a (A)CM (also mentions that we may switch to a 4-4-2 as well) I don't really get it as Arteta was one of the players of our season last year, we've got Wiltshire coming back, and maybe M'Vila coming in, so we'd need to fit Song, M'Vila, Wilshire, Arteta, Rosicky (unless he's out for 2months) & Carzola into 3 (or 2 if the Daily Mirror is right) midfield positions, with Ramsey and Diaby in the flanks, while fiting Podolski, Gervinho, Walcott, Oxe & Giroud into the two wing positions.

Seems a little bit of an overload to be honest.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:20 pm

Podolski---Giroud---Walcott

-------------Cazorla----------

-------Wilshere----Song----

I thought it'd be something like that, so dropping Arteta.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

So QPR get Hoilett. :/
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

It could well be Crimey, though it would be a shame to drop Arteta after his good season.

I'd see it more as
RVP
Podolski Walcott/Cazola
Carzola/Arteta
Wilshire Song/M'vila

Very Happy

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

The Special Juan wrote:So QPR get Hoilett. :/

I can't believe that no big club has snapped him up. I would love to see him at Liverpool, I think he's a real star. Wasted at QPR.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next