The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 14 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 14 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Aug 2012, 8:31 pm

The debt was/is harming United without FFP.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 14 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Trebs Wed 08 Aug 2012, 8:32 pm

GSC wrote:
Those players are holding midfielders though. Carrick isn't the best in defense. Barry is a nothing player.

Scholes was great when he came back, but he only played half the season, and even then only 2 FA cup ties in that period. And he didn't look quite so good towards the end. Him having to come back is a sign of the weakness United have at CM, rather than reinforcing it. I'm not sure PSG are better this year (but it isn't a massive gap, indeed United are 12/1, PSG 14/1 in the CL) but neither do I feel United are likely to win a CL. And going forward I'd back PSG to overtake United.

Carrick is a top player, he gets in with blocks and interceptions, and rarely goes flying in with tackles and looking flashy like someone like De Jong who doesn't have a clue about positioning and dives in. Carrick is always at the right place at the right time. To call Barry a nothing player is completely wrong. He is a vital cog in the Man City midfield, when he's central with Toure he allows him to get forward and make the other player look good.

Alex Ferguson was going to make Cleverley the man to replace Scholes, and I believe he can. But his injury wrecked it, he will get games next season and prove himself. Scholes will not be playing every single game, he will play the key ones and as long as he keeps himself fit by being sensible, he will be like Giggs and continue. If Cleverley later doesn't prove himself, then we will sign a CM. I think people are forgetting about Fletcher and Anderson. Fletcher is back in training this week, and Anderson has shown glimpses of potential.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 8:33 pm

Anderson's been showing glimpses of potential for years. If United had anybody good in there and hadnt paid so much for him hed be gone.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:03 pm

He genuinely has been though. He's been nagged with injuries, at the start of last season and end of season before he was very good, then had a bad injury.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:23 pm

for me andersons main problem is application, like many other brazilian like i mentioned earlier he doesnt work hard enough, he often looked unfit which is partly due to injuries but also because i believe he isnt comminted enough

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:11 pm

Fletcher is done as a full time player (barring bizarre circumstances), the exacerbations and meds will likely prevent him from training regularly for a full season. He might play the odd game but relying on him for a 50 game season is fanciful.

Anderson is just gash, lacks basic skills and the power an drive in his game hasn't been seen since his debut season- plus 2 serious knee injuries.

On moura annoyed as fergie clearly wanted him but relieved as we have plenty of wingers and need to use the money we have in centre mid.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:16 pm

Have no idea what they aren't hijacking the Modric deal, would be a perfect signing.

Then a midfield destroyed in the form of M'Vila.

There you go, I just spent the Moura and RVP money on actual positions of need
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:18 pm

Lukaku off on loan to a PL club not named Fulham
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:22 pm

Please be Norwich, please
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm

Don't Norwich already have a useless lump up front?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

It won't be Norwich lol.

And no I don't believe we have Dexter Blackstock GSC Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

Stoke is one of the rumoured sides he could be going to.

I don't rate Lukaku, every time he has played for Chelsea he has looked poor. Maybe if he gets a consistent run for a team he'll show why he was rated so highly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:26 pm

Lukaku needs to be played consistently, he is a good player but needs the game time to develop
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:28 pm

RVP Update by Fergie

. "We have made a bid and they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs. We just have to persevere. Hopefully it will come our way. We're trying our best but there's no progress at this moment in time.

"I don't have a gut feeling on it at the moment, I must admit. We're not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I don't know what their thoughts are because they're not giving anything away."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:28 pm

Fergie also spoke about Lucas Moura - not happy. "I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45million for a 19-year-old boy."

hahahahahhahahahaha

A few million more than Ferguson wanted to pay (like the Hazard deal) and its amazing.

Such sour grapes, I kinda hope RVP's agent takes them to the cleaners
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:32 pm

GSC wrote:Have no idea what they aren't hijacking the Modric deal, would be a perfect signing.

Then a midfield destroyed in the form of M'Vila.

There you go, I just spent the Moura and RVP money on actual positions of need

Don't particularly rate either and I think this is fergies problem, finding available genuine quality- he tried fr sneijer a few times but probably (rightly or wrongly) thinks he has as good or better already so why spend big cash?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:36 pm

Sour grapes, as it should be. If a 19 year old is after ludicrous wages then that's sad. It's Paul Pogba all over again. We'll see how his career goes at Juve shall we?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:45 pm

15 million more than united wanted to pay, and even that would have been a massively structured deal.

Can't blame anyone involved, his agent, club and player get a lot more money from psg, he also gets some Brazilian team mates and a nicer city to live in.

Prob not the right footballing decision but thems the breaks.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:53 pm

Thats 45m euros, about 35m pounds. Which is a couple mil more than United wanted to pay.

And hes not on 250k euros a week either.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:34 pm

Also throwing this out there, Fergie spent 7m on a homeless guy he'd never seen play
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

Most of the sources read the deal in euro, talking about £36 million sterlin up front for a talented but unproven 19 year old.

£7million on a gamble isn't the same as £36million gamble.

Another £7million gamble was Hernandez, you win and lose on these things.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:57 pm

Hero wrote:Yeah Fergie's right, 35m is ridiculous for a 19 year old...

In today's money the transfer of an 18 year old Wayne Rooney from Everton to Utd would be 37.2m.

I'm sure Hero won't mind me using his quote.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:03 am

Ent wrote:15 million more than united wanted to pay, and even that would have been a massively structured deal.

Can't blame anyone involved, his agent, club and player get a lot more money from psg, he also gets some Brazilian team mates and a nicer city to live in.

Prob not the right footballing decision but thems the breaks.

Think time will tell to be honest but you can't argue that PSG aren't showing ambition. In the grand scheme of things PSG have a brighter future than us, so maybe he has made the right decision

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:07 am

Olly wrote:
Hero wrote:Yeah Fergie's right, 35m is ridiculous for a 19 year old...

In today's money the transfer of an 18 year old Wayne Rooney from Everton to Utd would be 37.2m.

I'm sure Hero won't mind me using his quote.

It would be ridiculous, the up front money was a lot less with various add ons for a player who had played in England and had excelled on the international scene.

The euro was also worth significantly less then.

People just want to have a go at fergie, it is a ridiculous fee for Lucas.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:11 am

Rooney at that point hardly had the greatest goalscoring record. Lucas is just as talented as Rooney was at that age IMO
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:19 am

Man Utd are going through a rough patch. I'm sure they will bounce back.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:19 am

I hate the fact that we have been outbid for players these last couple of years, and I wish that instead of toeing the line and criticising other clubs for outbidding the already ludicrous off Fergie himself had put in, or complaining that there's no value in the market, just once Fergie would stop BSing the fans about how good the Glazers are when the truth is they have crippled the club financially and made us uncompetitive in the transfer market

We have have spent stupid money in the past that people would have criticised the cost involved, but we never complained then because we could afford to do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:21 am

Olly wrote:Rooney at that point hardly had the greatest goalscoring record. Lucas is just as talented as Rooney was at that age IMO

Olly behave, what age were you in 2002-4?

Rooney had just been one of the best players and scored 4 times in euro 2004.

People just want to have a pop at ferguson, he paid big big money for a young player once, who 8 years later is nearing 200 goals for us - yet this is used as a stick to beat him with.

Anyone remember Douglas costa? Or kerlon?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:24 am

Gazzy we spent 50 million last summer and this year put packages worth 30 million together for 2 unproven players- what more can fergie do?

Glazers or not as long as the club lacks a
Sugar daddy we cannot just chuck an extra 10 million at players, there needs to be a degree of responsibility

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:34 am

gazzyD wrote:I hate the fact that we have been outbid for players these last couple of years, and I wish that instead of toeing the line and criticising other clubs for outbidding the already ludicrous off Fergie himself had put in, or complaining that there's no value in the market, just once Fergie would stop BSing the fans about how good the Glazers are when the truth is they have crippled the club financially and made us uncompetitive in the transfer market

We have have spent stupid money in the past that people would have criticised the cost involved, but we never complained then because we could afford to do it

You talk a lot of sense Gazzy.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:38 am

I think I'm just being negative about everything this evening because I know I have to go work again tomorrow lol

My point about the Glazers is that we don't need a sugar daddy. We are probably the only club in the world (if it wasn't for Glazers) who would be able to spend and spend each summer without fear of breaking fair play, which PSG are screwed with after the money they've spent (I'd imagine)

That's my problem with the Glazers, now this whole thing with them keeping half of what they earn in the shares when this should be decreasing the debt level at the club just grinds my gears.

Anyways back to the transfers bags of potential or not I ain't overly gutted on missing out on Moura, just more gutted that this is transfer target 2 that we have missed out on this Summer so anybody we bring in now (although I don't think anyone else will sign this Summer) will probably be more than aware they weren't exactly first choice and just the only player we could get, kind've like pulling the ugliest girl at a nightclub at 2am just so you've pulled

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:42 am

The Special Juan wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:
Olly wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:
Olly wrote:BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Paris Saint-Germain have agreed a deal to buy Lucas Moura from São Paulo FC.

Another one that doesn't go to United it seems

if he wants to go to psg over united then let him, shows what his ambitions are, i want players who want to play for the club and not just collect thier pay cheque

Well at the moment who would you say have the better chance of winning the Champions League at the moment? PSG or Utd? I could make a very good case for the former

Make the case then Smile

Still waiting.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 1:06 am

The case would be that now they've got an excellent framework to build upon, 2 genuine top players in their positions in Silva and Ibra, both proven winners. Add to that the talent of Lavezzi, Pastore, Nene, Motta and Moura and that's a good looking team getting built there, a team that for the most part apart from Moura know each other from Serie A. Now obviously they still need to flesh out the squad but I'd say that at present first team fit wise they'd be a good match for a lot of what are regarded as big names in Europe similar perhaps to how Spurs did a couple of years ago where they surprised the current champions Inter.
The big test will be not other clubs but the fair play rule coming in and how Uefa enforce it as obviously PSG this summer are in no way complying with it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:34 am

looks like Allen to Liverpool. I hope they get relegated. Brendan Rodgers is a man with no honour
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:57 am

To be fair football is a game with no honour McKay1402
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 09 Aug 2012, 8:32 am

mckay1402 wrote:looks like Allen to Liverpool. I hope they get relegated. Brendan Rodgers is a man with no honour

Complete and utter rubbish! We are paying his release clause, a higher fee than they would get from most clubs. There is no issue with a manager going back to his previous club and buying players in my opinion, chances are he has to be an inflated fee and his former club gets a nice chunk of cash to invest.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 8:35 am

Hero wrote:The case would be that now they've got an excellent framework to build upon, 2 genuine top players in their positions in Silva and Ibra, both proven winners. Add to that the talent of Lavezzi, Pastore, Nene, Motta and Moura and that's a good looking team getting built there, a team that for the most part apart from Moura know each other from Serie A. Now obviously they still need to flesh out the squad but I'd say that at present first team fit wise they'd be a good match for a lot of what are regarded as big names in Europe similar perhaps to how Spurs did a couple of years ago where they surprised the current champions Inter.
The big test will be not other clubs but the fair play rule coming in and how Uefa enforce it as obviously PSG this summer are in no way complying with it.

Thank you! But PSG are French and Platini is ok with that. He's probably desperate to "get one over" British clubs.

Anyway, I think "Operation PSG" will fail. I'm looking at Malaga and laughing.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:24 am

"First of all, PSG are already making the most of the fact their chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi is also the owner of TV channel Al Jazeera. The Middle East-based network has paid a fortune for the rights to broadcast France’s Ligue 1, and a big chunk of that money will go to the Parisiens."

"Expecting PSG to sign a naming rights deal for their stadium, possibly with a Qatari-based company, and even get a few new commercial partners to boost their yearly income."
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:31 am

I think the big difference between Malaga and PSG is that Malaga were bought by one person and with that the fickle nature of an expensive toy becomes throwaway when it instantly doesn't provide him what he desires. In the case of PSG it's owned by pretty much the ENTIRE state of Qatar, a country with a GDP at present of £100b.

Here's an interesting article on the rise and rise of PSG.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/paris-saintgermain-can-worlds-richest-club-rule-europe-8010261.html

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:42 am

It was a good article until this:

"Turning PSG into a European giant may prove to take more than even endless money can buy."

Utter nonsense. Money buys success, it will and has been proven. The question is who's going to buy the TV rights to watch 1 club dominate the league for an unlimited number of years, at least until the oil dries up.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:48 am

I agree with you on that statement, think that was only in as wishful thinking for those believing their teams 'with a history of European pedigree' have a chance of being able to compete with these new 'Super' clubs.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:52 am

Great article.

I think the last bit is more wishful thinking but there is no guarantee that money will bring success.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:02 am

On a whole it does though, yes there a few exceptions to the rule, for me the biggest was the Real Madrid Galacticos team, a team meant to rule the world yet through a constant change of manager, inability to recognise its defensive frailties and simply buying players because they could (Beckham for his marketing when they already had Figo in that position at the time).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:35 am

Money talks in the end, and will bring success more times than it doesn't. That's why teams like Norwich and that will never be able to compete due to the money
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:40 am

Fernando wrote:RVP Update by Fergie

. "We have made a bid and they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs. We just have to persevere. Hopefully it will come our way. We're trying our best but there's no progress at this moment in time.

"I don't have a gut feeling on it at the moment, I must admit. We're not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I don't know what their thoughts are because they're not giving anything away."

What a crazy statement - hmm I wonder why Arsenal don't want to bend over backwards to sell their captain to their bitter rival? It's also strange to think that IF (and no evidence one way or another) RVP tries to force a move to Man U, THAT Arsenal would want to get the most money and best deal FOR Arsenal - very weird...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

They've been happy to sell Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor, Sami Nasri, Gael Clichy to Manchester City, a team competing with the same positions as them more recently than United...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

Wenger doesn't like Ferguson, it's just boiling down to that. We gave you Silvestre so give us Van Persie!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:11 am

So West Ham agree a fee for Alou Diarra. That's a big signing; literally. Diarra's huge. I was very impressed with him during the 2 France games I saw at the Euro's.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:15 am

Toure and Adebayor were sold for very inflated transfers, and while I was sorry to lose both (though mainly Toure) they represented a good deal, even with a rival bidding - we obviously didn't want to lose Nasri but with the wages Citey offered all four of those players it was difficult for Arsenal to keep them.

We also don't have quite as 'tempestuous" relationship with Citey as with United.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:15 am

The Special Juan wrote:So West Ham agree a fee for Alou Diarra. That's a big signing; literally. Diarra's huge. I was very impressed with him during the 2 France games I saw at the Euro's.

What position does he play Juan?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next