The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 19 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 19 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm

Giroud is an underrated player with the ball at his feet.

Arsenal still being linked to Llorente too.

Don't forget Adebayor scored a lot of headed goals at Arsenal, its only because Henry and RVP weren't that great in the air that they didnt score many.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 19 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:29 pm

Llorente is off to Juventus
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

John wrote:- - - - - - - - - - -GIROUD- - - - - - - - - - - - -

PODOLSKI- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - WALCOTT

- - - CAZORLA- - M'VILA- - ARTETA- - - - - - -

GIBBS - -VERMAELEN- -KOSCIELNY- -SAGNA

- - - - - - - - - -SZECZENY- - - - - - - - - - - -

If Song goes M'vila must be lined up. I know RVP has gone but Arsenal fans shouldn't be that disappointed the squad is decent with alot of speed and creativity. Alot of pressure on Giroud but give him some time. Got possibly Sahin, Oxlade, Rosicky, Ramsey, Gervinho, Mertesacker,Wilshere as back up. Not all doom and gloom.

I agree that side doesn't look to bad, but we desperately need strength in depth and we needed a signing like Sahin even if we keep Song as Song can go off for 2 months with the ACN and besides Frimpong (whose recovering from injury) we haven't got anyone to cover for him (except Diaby whose hugely off the pace because of injury problems, and as such can't be relied on).

We still need Full back cover while Sagna recovers and for the injury prone Gibbs, and it'd be nice to sign Llorente to give us attacking options and to take the pressure off Giroud - but apparently that's not going to happen as Wenger has said he's already replaced RVP.

I reckon Gervinho could have a good season this season (at least until the ACN)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:08 pm

Walcott could also go up front
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:15 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Gaston goes in the table. Where did Southampton get £12m to spend on him?

Probably the about the 5th richest club in England, if not higher!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

20m pounds on attacking talent, Southampton should be a good watch this year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

Olly wrote:Why have Southampton not spent this money on improving there woeful defence and keeper?

Probably still everyone's favourite to go straight back down, but I wouldn't say that the defence and keeper were woeful! Fonte and Hoovield have been a good partnership, we've brought it Clyne at RB and being trying to buy Butland for a while now.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

Bathite wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Gaston goes in the table. Where did Southampton get £12m to spend on him?

Probably the about the 5th richest club in England, if not higher!

Since when? I knew they'd been taken over but I thought it was along the lines of Cardiff City level (or a bit higher), rather than better than QPR (with their multi billionaire owners)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

I kinda have to agree with olly, defensively Southampton are very light, possibly the worst in the division.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:19 pm

GSC wrote:Walcott could also go up front

True it'll be really good to see Walcott getting a go to rove around the centre of the attack. Interestingly though in the FC Koln friendly it was Chamberlain who was played more centrally and Walcott was on the right flank.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:20 pm

Last edited by GSC on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:20 pm

Bathite wrote:
Olly wrote:Why have Southampton not spent this money on improving there woeful defence and keeper?

Probably still everyone's favourite to go straight back down, but I wouldn't say that the defence and keeper were woeful! Fonte and Hoovield have been a good partnership, we've brought it Clyne at RB and being trying to buy Butland for a while now.

You've been trying I know, but there is no chance Birmingham will sell him. Who is your LB? Clyne is a good pickup, but Fonte and Hoovield may have a good partnership, but aren't exactly Prem standard. Someone else on here said Adkins has been talking of a top 10 finish? Is that true?

Rodriguez is a good player, paid over the odds for him though. Be interesting to see how Lambert does, see if he can get anywhere near Holt's level last season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:22 pm

GSC wrote:I kinda have to agree with olly, defensively Southampton are very light, possibly the worst in the division.

That's what you would expect from most teams coming up. We won't know until the season starts, but to say it is woeful, based on last year's performances is completely unfair!

The owner had a net worth of over £3 billion and we have no debt. Don't know how that compares to most teams, but I would say based on being debt free alone that puts us quite high

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:23 pm

Yeah, but compared to Reading who are pretty good defensively.

Dempsey has told Jol he wants to leave and a move to Liverpool will go through in the next few days.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

We are debt free at Norwich. We just need the owner with the £3 billion part lol. At least we get the best meals in the Prem Cool

And don't think I am getting you down Bathite, Norwich's defence last year was woeful too! Just we had a lot of luck (believe our woodwork was hit the most), and in Ruddy we have a better GK than you do.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:25 pm

Find it ridicolous that people can say at this stage X isn't premiership standard! Especially after the surprise performances of the likes of Norwich, Blackpool and Swansea in recent seasons. You might be right come December, but let's wait and see first yeah?!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

I can speculate however.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Martin Jol confirms Clint Dempsey wants to leave Fulham: "If we get the right price for Clint we will sell him." #ffc #lfc

YES! YES! YES! YES! HE PROBABLY WON'T PLAY ON SATURDAY YES!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

Hes not in the squad so no he won't.

Not that it'll change the outcome mind.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 19 1347041234
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:28 pm

Bathite wrote:Find it ridicolous that people can say at this stage X isn't premiership standard! Especially after the surprise performances of the likes of Norwich, Blackpool and Swansea in recent seasons. You might be right come December, but let's wait and see first yeah?!

I don't think Kelvin Davis is suddenly going to turn Premier League standard at the age of 36/37? I was in that boat last year Bathite, so I wanna what it's like with the shoe on the other foot lol.

What's your CM like? I do wonder how Lambert will do, as The Prem has experienced Holty, so I don't expect him to do as well this season, and Lambert is a pretty similar player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:33 pm

GSC wrote:Hes not in the squad so no he won't.

Not that it'll change the outcome mind.

Well it gives us more of a chance. Dempsey destroyed us at the Cottage last year before Wilbrahamovic came on and nearly saved the day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:37 pm

Olly wrote:
Bathite wrote:Find it ridicolous that people can say at this stage X isn't premiership standard! Especially after the surprise performances of the likes of Norwich, Blackpool and Swansea in recent seasons. You might be right come December, but let's wait and see first yeah?!

I don't think Kelvin Davis is suddenly going to turn Premier League standard at the age of 36/37? I was in that boat last year Bathite, so I wanna what it's like with the shoe on the other foot lol.

What's your CM like? I do wonder how Lambert will do, as The Prem has experienced Holty, so I don't expect him to do as well this season, and Lambert is a pretty similar player

Team will probably be this

Davis

Clyne - Hoovield - Fonte - Fox

Guly / Ramirez - Davis - Cork - Lallana

Lambert - Rodriguez / Sharp

Lallana has been the best non premiership player for 2/3 years now, can't believe no one snapped him up. Most will be watching for Ricky's goals, but Lallana is the one to watch. I've got genuine concerns over Lambert's fitness. I'm not sure he is in the same shape as Holt. We definitely lack an out and out winger that can take people on and provide the crosses though, hence the move for Ramirez. Richardson has a great delivery on him from RB and was one of the top assist makers in the champ last year, but not sure how much he will play now with Clyne. Fox also has a good cross on him actually.

I don't have high expectations, I'll be over the moon with 17th, but at least we will play exciting football and try to score goals!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:38 pm

To answer your question Olly, I think a centre mid of Cork and Davis is competitive with the bottom 10 of the prem

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:41 pm

Bathite wrote:
Olly wrote:

Team will probably be this

Davis

Clyne - Hoovield - Fonte - Fox

Guly / Ramirez - Davis - Cork - Lallana

Lambert - Rodriguez / Sharp

Lallana has been the best non premiership player for 2/3 years now, can't believe no one snapped him up. Most will be watching for Ricky's goals, but Lallana is the one to watch. I've got genuine concerns over Lambert's fitness. I'm not sure he is in the same shape as Holt. We definitely lack an out and out winger that can take people on and provide the crosses though, hence the move for Ramirez. Richardson has a great delivery on him from RB and was one of the top assist makers in the champ last year, but not sure how much he will play now with Clyne. Fox also has a good cross on him actually.

I don't have high expectations, I'll be over the moon with 17th, but at least we will play exciting football and try to score goals!

I forgot about Cork tbh. He is a good CM. Lallana probably didn't move, as he is one decent wages with you I would imagine?
We were the same last season, tried to out score the other team and it worked. I think the problem for you this year, is that the 3 worst teams went down last season, so it is going to be incredibly tight at the bottom
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:46 pm

Don't the three worst teams always go down? Table doesn't lie etc.etc.......

Certainly a very competitive league though. We don't have much to lose, if I was a Villa or Wigan fan, I'd be more worried

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

Even Swansea actually, without the guru Rodgers and Allen in place, they look vulnerable

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

Swansea made some class signings tho
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:49 pm

Have they? Like?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:52 pm

Michu
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:57 pm

If Norwich are weaker for the loss of Lambert, Swansea are just as weak for the loss of Rodgers. Also lost Sigurdsson and Allen, big parts of there success last year.

On paper they have made some decent signings, but they have to adapt to the Prem, and there is no guarantee they will do that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 2:56 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Michu

Juan, I am also looking out for this player. Last season in La Liga scoring 15 goals for Rayo, however the fact he's ended up at Swansea and no other top La Liga side took him for that fee £3m is astonishing and raises my doubts about him.

I do worry for Swansea. Laudrup seems to have no pre-idea about how Swansea operated last season and he even admitted he knew nothing about the club or the players. He said this week that Danny Graham, if he stays fit, will score 20 goals this season.....no chance. Sigurdsson & Allen are massive losses and Sinclair is on his way after admitting he won't be signing a new deal. I'm expecting Southampton, Reading & Swansea to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

Pablo Hernandez is replacing Sinclair who is twice the player. Allen is a loss, but ably covered and then some by the 15m.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 3:13 pm

John wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Michu

Juan, I am also looking out for this player. Last season in La Liga scoring 15 goals for Rayo, however the fact he's ended up at Swansea and no other top La Liga side took him for that fee £3m is astonishing and raises my doubts about him.

I do worry for Swansea. Laudrup seems to have no pre-idea about how Swansea operated last season and he even admitted he knew nothing about the club or the players. He said this week that Danny Graham, if he stays fit, will score 20 goals this season.....no chance. Sigurdsson & Allen are massive losses and Sinclair is on his way after admitting he won't be signing a new deal. I'm expecting Southampton, Reading & Swansea to go.

I read an article the other day that said something along the lines of La Liga's best players either go to the top 2 or abroad. No one else in the league can afford them. It's a sad state of affairs indeed for Spain.

I've never actually seen Michu play but I heard about his 15 goals from midfield in a mid-table team so I am very much looking forward to seeing him. I can see Swansea staying up just, by about a point. Their main problem is if they don't hit the ground running they might panic and play a different way. I hope they stay up as I admire them and the way they play.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri 17 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

Sinclaire is no great loss.....takes a good pen and a decent free kick but has offered little else in the prem. Hernandez more than covers him (but admittedly I've only seen about 120 mins worth of him). Joey Allen will be missed make no mistake, but De Guzman is an animalistic box to box midfielder who will limit that impact, same can be said for Michu a la Sigguardsson. The noises soming out of the American pre season is that both players fitted in better than could be expected.

John - Danny Graham scored 12 goals in 36 prem games last season in a year when he was finding his feet in the premier league (and fluffed his lines in front of goal for the first 6 odd games, probably down to nerves). Why can't he go on and score 20?

The word is that Swansea will be playing much the same style as last year only switching play a lot more often looking to give the wide men more space/time on the ball......that may open things up for Danny to snag a few more.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

De Rossi to City inc
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:45 pm

inc?

I don't buy it. As someone said the other day, after Totti he is "Mr Roma".
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:52 pm

His agents in Manchester
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:56 pm

Hmmm. Strange move then. They'll have De Rossi, Rodwell, De Jong and Yaya in the DM/CM position. Overload.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

De Jongs a goner.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:06 pm

Bologna have told ESPN that no deal has been made for Ramirez.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:12 pm

The Special Juan wrote:inc?

That was me Smile

Its one of the those transfers I will only believe when I see it. Totti and De Rossi will only leave Roma being carried out in a box. Rome born and bred, they even call De Rossi the Italian equivalent to 'the Future Captain'

Article I read this week:

Roma director Walter Sabatini shot down Manchester City’s hopes. “Daniele De Rossi is worth more than €100m.”

The reports swirled around this morning that the Giallorossi were prepared to listen to a £23m offer from Roberto Mancini’s club.

However, in today’s Press conference Sabatini clarified his position.

“I said that, but I didn’t say De Rossi was for sale,” assured the director of sport.

“De Rossi is a leader for us and therefore we never considered selling De Rossi, naturally.

“I merely pointed out that in all of football, not just De Rossi or our particular situation, when a crazy offer comes in then we will listen and evaluate.

“But we are not looking for anyone to buy De Rossi, because he is extraordinarily important for us, a player who is irreplaceable and so it would be difficult to even look at an ‘indecent proposal.’”

Sabatini was specifically asked where the crazy offer would be on the scale considering Fiorentina stated Stevan Jovetic is worth at least €30m and Napoli claimed Edinson Cavani was worth at least €100m.

“The figure for De Rossi is higher than these you just named. Thank you

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

Much like every release clause in Spain, they'd sell for significantly less in reality.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

James_182 wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:inc?

That was me Smile

Its one of the those transfers I will only believe when I see it. Totti and De Rossi will only leave Roma being carried out in a box. Rome born and bred, they even call De Rossi the Italian equivalent to 'the Future Captain'

Article I read this week:

Roma director Walter Sabatini shot down Manchester City’s hopes. “Daniele De Rossi is worth more than €100m.”

The reports swirled around this morning that the Giallorossi were prepared to listen to a £23m offer from Roberto Mancini’s club.

However, in today’s Press conference Sabatini clarified his position.

“I said that, but I didn’t say De Rossi was for sale,” assured the director of sport.

“De Rossi is a leader for us and therefore we never considered selling De Rossi, naturally.

“I merely pointed out that in all of football, not just De Rossi or our particular situation, when a crazy offer comes in then we will listen and evaluate.

“But we are not looking for anyone to buy De Rossi, because he is extraordinarily important for us, a player who is irreplaceable and so it would be difficult to even look at an ‘indecent proposal.’”

Sabatini was specifically asked where the crazy offer would be on the scale considering Fiorentina stated Stevan Jovetic is worth at least €30m and Napoli claimed Edinson Cavani was worth at least €100m.

“The figure for De Rossi is higher than these you just named. Thank you

Ah thanks. Knowing City they'd probably pay that.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:29 pm

Michu = Best Signing of the season Whistle
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:35 pm

Song has gone to Barca, according to Absolute (I think) Radio he's been sold for £15m. Wenger is rolling out the same line of Diaby is back and Wilshere will be back so we have cover, and we might bring in someone else.

Ignoring the fact that Diaby is highly injury prone and hasn't played for a whole season, and Wilshere hasn't played for a year and last year we desperately needed another DM to play next to Song, let alone replace him!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:39 pm

Sahin looks set for Arsenal and M'Vila too
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:47 pm

I hope so (and hope the rumours of Mvila's bad attitude aren't true).

We really need to strengthen the team, as we did great business with Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla, and took a 2 steps forward (though still needed a DM and at least 1 defender), but with the sale of arguably our 2 best players last season (RVP and Song) we have taken 4 steps back, with still no options upfront (besides Walcott, who I hope is tried out as a striker), and now only Diaby as a defensive midfielder (and he's more a box to box midfielder).

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:50 pm

Hes French, they all have a bad attitude until they play for Wenger.

Song was very good going forward but pretty poor defensively last year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 18 Aug 2012, 6:11 pm

We were pretty poor defensively as we missed the majority of our 1st choice defenders for large parts of the season last year (Gibbs, Vermaelen, Sagna, Jenkinson, Santos) and Song was playing further forward, while the midfield partner(s) who'd usually cover for him were either injured (Wilshere, Diaby) or recovering from injury and off form (Ramsey).

It worked very well when he played with Frimpong, until he got injured. He was still quite good defensively, but had changed his game from the season before to attack more, hence the greater amount of assists and shots and greater attacking impact.

I can't understand Wenger getting rid of him, there's rumours of Song having a poor attitude, turning up to training late and not following orders on pitch, but he's been at the club since 2005 and I've never heard any of these rumours until this season.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next