The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 18 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 18 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:08 pm

This isn't PL but Bayern have made a huge coup in signing Javi Martinez for €40m. I'd loved to have seen him play for Man Utd.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-15/bayern-munich-sign-javi-martinez/
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 18 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

Called it ages ago. Munich playing him at DM rather than CB was the reasoning.

I should really go back over this and make people eat crow Whistle

#neverdoubtGSC
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:13 pm

I never actually expected it to happen. Bayern now have strength in depth which they never had before and will probably be 3rd favourite for the CL now, if not this year then next year (in my eyes at least). Bastian and Martinez in the middle? angel
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:23 pm

RVP to Man Utd coming up I think.

Wonder where Hernandez ends up.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

And there it is
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:25 pm

YEEEESSSS RVP great deal, little apprehensive but the fact he is coming now has got me exited, a genuinely world class signing.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:35 pm

martyr wrote:YEEEESSSS RVP great deal, little apprehensive but the fact he is coming now has got me exited, a genuinely world class signing.

very similar, remember when berba signed and i thought that was going to be a great signing aswell though so think thats where the apprehension comes from

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:36 pm

Barcelona will be annoyed at missing out on Martinez, it's there own fault for trying to play him at centre back. They should have signed him and let him replace Busquets, I'm sure some club would sign Busquets buying the hype which I think is utterly undeserved.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:36 pm

GSC wrote:RVP to Man Utd coming up I think.

Wonder where Hernandez ends up.

I asked that to a friend this morning and we both agree he'll stay, although my logic was based purely on the fact he's modelling this year's kit.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

You'll forgive me if I'm not too excited yet. I'll wait until he's scoring first.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

having his medical within next 48 hours ahead of £24 million move

on BBC website

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

He was behind Welbeck in the pecking order last year and now he'd be 4th choice striker. I'd be surprised if he doesnt end up on loan at least.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:38 pm

If I was United, it'd be Welbeck who I'd sell before Hernandez.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:40 pm

Aye, I heard he signed a new contract though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:47 pm

Looking like Arsenal are willing to let Song go to barca (though with 3 years on his deal he wont be cheap either).

M'Vila still hanging around like a bad smell, Spanish media think Llorente
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:50 pm

GSC wrote:Looking like Arsenal are willing to let Song go to barca (though with 3 years on his deal he wont be cheap either).

M'Vila still hanging around like a bad smell, Spanish media think Llorente

I would have thought that now they've sold Van Persie, they have no reason to sell Song, it'd certainly send a bad message that even when their players have long contracts they are still at risk of being sold. Selling to Barcelona is also something they should avoid, Henry, Hleb and Fabregas all gone their in the past couple of years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:53 pm

Song's attitude has been awful recently. It won't be a cheap deal for Barca.

Although he was good going forward he wasn't great defensively last season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:55 pm

But when Barca come calling, barely anyone can turn them down. I think he will go but it's not a financial thing as Arsenal must have the best finances in the league or the world. M'Vila will be a no; I hear his attitude stinks.

That Bulgarian what'shisface will be on his way out.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:55 pm

GSC wrote:
Although he was good going forward he wasn't great defensively last season

Barca all over.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:58 pm

Where does this leave Hernandez? think he should go out on loan because he isn't going to get much game time realistically.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 8:01 pm

Crimey wrote:Barcelona will be annoyed at missing out on Martinez, it's there own fault for trying to play him at centre back. They should have signed him and let him replace Busquets, I'm sure some club would sign Busquets buying the hype which I think is utterly undeserved.

Yes but Martinez has played cb mostly for Bilbao and plays it very well, as he does for the Spanish u-21 side. Its just Bayern wanted a cdm after Van Bommel left and he was available. I think people completely under rate Busquets, yes he dives allot but footballing wise he is very good, breaks up allot of attacks and is very good at maintaining the rhythm of Barca's passing.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 8:01 pm

martyr wrote:
Crimey wrote:Barcelona will be annoyed at missing out on Martinez, it's there own fault for trying to play him at centre back. They should have signed him and let him replace Busquets, I'm sure some club would sign Busquets buying the hype which I think is utterly undeserved.

Yes but Martinez has played cb mostly for Bilbao and plays it very well, as he does for the Spanish u-21 side. Its just Bayern wanted a cdm after Van Bommel left and he was available. I think people completely under rate Busquets, yes he dives allot but footballing wise he is very good, breaks up allot of attacks and is very good at maintaining the rhythm of Barca's passing.

I think Busquets does a job, but they could replace him with somebody who can do that and more i.e. Martinez.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 8:05 pm

Busquets would be awful if he didn't play for a team that averages like 70% possession. You can throw Pique into that mix for me too.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

I think Sergio Busquets has the opposite of the Claude Makelele effect. So many people underrated Makelele and the role he played in his sides, that people now overrate Busquets because he plays in a similar role.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 9:22 pm

Pique's a difficult one for me to judge. The guy is an utter brick wall, there's no question about that. I can never remember him at Man Utd but apparently he was alright for us.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

Hearing that the Martinez deal hasn't actually gone through.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 10:02 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Pique's a difficult one for me to judge. The guy is an utter brick wall, there's no question about that. I can never remember him at Man Utd but apparently he was alright for us.

Same with Rossi, I felt if they were given more game time they could be really good players. Turns out, both were given more game times for Villareal and Barca and became world class players. Rossi was the one I was most gutted about, he looked a real nice player but was never given a run in the side.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 10:15 pm

Crimey wrote:I think Sergio Busquets has the opposite of the Claude Makelele effect. So many people underrated Makelele and the role he played in his sides, that people now overrate Busquets because he plays in a similar role.

Busquets is criminally overrated. The only thing he does for Barca is win 'cheap' free kicks.

Take him out of that team and he's average at best

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 15 Aug 2012, 10:27 pm

The Special Juan wrote:But when Barca come calling, barely anyone can turn them down. I think he will go but it's not a financial thing as Arsenal must have the best finances in the league or the world. M'Vila will be a no; I hear his attitude stinks.

That Bulgarian what'shisface will be on his way out.

I can actually see Song playing at centre half for Barca, as a long term replacement for Puyol. As Barca tend to dominate possession in La Liga, Song could comfortably do a job in most games in the position.

I fear that Arsenal won't buy a replacement. Wenger has a crazy amount of faith in Abou Diaby, despite him being extremely inconsistent and highly injury prone.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 10:33 pm

I think Mascherano has already sort of uprooted Puyol from the side, unless Puyol can put his injuries behind him expect Mascherano to be their first choice centre back alongside Pique. He does alright there as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 9:39 am

Bosingwa to QPR
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:11 am

Gaston Ramirez appears to be chasing the cash at Southampton
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:20 am

Bosingwa is an appaling defender and just adds to their woeful backline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:01 am

GSC wrote:Gaston Ramirez appears to be chasing the cash at Southampton

Wow, where has that come from?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:19 am

Gaston goes in the table. Where did Southampton get £12m to spend on him?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

Why have Southampton not spent this money on improving there woeful defence and keeper?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:23 am

Because Southamptons squad wasn't really good enough all round. Still back them to be relegated
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

RVP completes his move to Man Utd
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

http://pic.twitter.com/fK8ELbJb

Take it from that he'll be number 31
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

Dos Santos has left Spurs
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

Zenit in for Nani

Song off to Barca for 14m
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

The Special Juan wrote:Gaston goes in the table. Where did Southampton get £12m to spend on him?

I think it's a very clever move from him and in particular his agent. He knows he's a player who was wanted by bigger clubs but at only 21 he can have a season at Southampton, come to terms with the EPL where he can impress and then I can see bigger teams coming in for him which will then lead to eventually more money to his agent in the long run. I wouldn't bet against Ramirez and his agent in contemplating that Southampton could get relegated and therefore they've probably negotiated a relegation release clause in his contract. The deal is a strange one, especially when Liverpool are clearly interested but I think there playing the long game with this player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:43 am

Can't understand Song to Barca for both sides of the deal. Dont think Song is good enough for Barca, but it leaves Arsenal needing to bring in a replacement at short notice
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:43 am

Aye, thats my thinking. Write in a fairly cheap release clause and improve stock in a poor side.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:44 am

Biglia, M'Vila and Sahin all still lined up for Arsenal.

Song was very good going forward last year, had like 14 assists. Could very well end up at CB for Barca.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:47 am

Arsene Wenger on Nuri Sahin: "He is one of the players we follow. I don't know about Liverpool, honestly. It can happen" #afc #lfc

Interesting, Arsenal now have more wage budget, and Sahin would rather play CL football.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:51 am

As a massive follower of Italian football, I can tell you should Southampton get Gaston Ramirez, then it would be one of the signings of the summer.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:58 am

- - - - - - - - - - -GIROUD- - - - - - - - - - - - -

PODOLSKI- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - WALCOTT

- - - CAZORLA- - M'VILA- - ARTETA- - - - - - -

GIBBS - -VERMAELEN- -KOSCIELNY- -SAGNA

- - - - - - - - - -SZECZENY- - - - - - - - - - - -

If Song goes M'vila must be lined up. I know RVP has gone but Arsenal fans shouldn't be that disappointed the squad is decent with alot of speed and creativity. Alot of pressure on Giroud but give him some time. Got possibly Sahin, Oxlade, Rosicky, Ramsey, Gervinho, Mertesacker,Wilshere as back up. Not all doom and gloom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:58 am

still no idea why RVP has the number 31 why not take the 9 from berba?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:01 pm

Thing is, Giroud doesn't fit the so called Arsenal way. He is more like a Chamkah than a RVP. So he could be either way
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next