The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 17 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 17 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

"Wigan Fan". He's hardly going to say Moses is terrible.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 17 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Gregers Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:59 pm

Um have you actually read it TSJ? Its more of a why he should move vs why he should stay and then thoughts on him as a player.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:05 pm

No it wouldn't load for me.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:55 pm

GSC wrote:Adam Johnson was bought before the new owners came in iirc.

He wasn't.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:59 pm

According to reports in the Scottish Sun, Norwich have launched a £5m bid to sign Celtic LB Emilio Izaguirre
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 6:08 pm

Not a bad player Olly, I think I put Norwich for relegation in my predictions but that was based on defence, Ruddy had the season of his life last year and kept you from being whitewashed a fair few times

If you strengthen the defence then I would proabbly consider my predictions because I know you can cause any team trouble on your day, but I just don't think you can stop them either

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Aug 2012, 6:19 pm

Now here's a player I'd love to have in front of Rooney for MUFC.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/llorente-wont-renew-bilbao-contract/news/anzeigen_98643.html
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

Certainly looked a handful against us last season

I'd just like to see Rooney up top with Kagawa in behind him and two eitherside on the flanks. For rotation Rooney can always drop back into the Kagawa role if Hernandez/Welbeck/Macheda/Berbatov came into the team

It would be nice to have a Llorente or RVP in the squad but its a luxury more than a necessity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:26 am

Guillem Balague on sky sports news saying Sahin has chosen Liverpool pending the loan negotiation between the two clubs

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:31 am

How many CMs does Rodger's want at the club? Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, Adam, Allen, Henderson, Shelvey and possibley Sahin. Is he that determined to keep Downing out of the team that he's going 4-3-3? Wink

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:45 am

Liverpool? Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:51 am

gazzyD wrote:Not a bad player Olly, I think I put Norwich for relegation in my predictions but that was based on defence, Ruddy had the season of his life last year and kept you from being whitewashed a fair few times

If you strengthen the defence then I would proabbly consider my predictions because I know you can cause any team trouble on your day, but I just don't think you can stop them either

I think that has been Hughton's aim, is to improve the defence in training and in players. Something tells me Lambert was more worried about the creative side of the game, then the defensive
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:54 am

Hughton improved our defence so much when he arrived, IIRC he hired a few new coaches to help with it. £5m would be a great price for Izaguirre, he's really highly rated.

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:41 pm

Photoshopped picture. Wenger doesn't wear glasses!!

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/08/14/Wenger-agrees-to-RVP-sale/gnid-150638/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:43 pm

Note: That's a joke, I know he wears glasses Rolling Eyes
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Aug 2012, 1:11 pm

Teej wrote:Hughton improved our defence so much when he arrived, IIRC he hired a few new coaches to help with it. £5m would be a great price for Izaguirre, he's really highly rated.

I know Hughton has bought in his backroom staff from Birmingham, so hopefully he can help get our defence better, couldnt get any worse. I cant see the Izaguirre deal being more than just a rumor tbh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:55 pm

Arouna Kone has signed for Wigan from Levante on a three year deal, for a fee believed to be around 5 million euros. Very shrewd signing that, good player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

Wigan need goals to survive again and 15 goals in La Liga last season, while being pacey and powerful looks a good addition to their squad and will suit the physical demands of the Premier League.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 7:16 pm

I think signing of the season has already been made with Michu.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 14 Aug 2012, 7:28 pm

I'll do article once the transfer window is shut on the best signings for each side.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 Aug 2012, 7:51 pm

Javier Garrido off to Norwich on loan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:18 pm

Didn't he use to play for Man City?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:58 pm

Yeah. Former U21 Spanish national too. Obviously didn't make the cut.

Said this though:

"I've been in England for two seasons and this was the match with more fanaticism than any other," Garrido told the Daily Mail.

Fanaticism? He must speak English better than most of us.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:24 pm

Song to Barca moving forwards
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:19 pm

I know it's the Mirror but.... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-manchester-united-1261379
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:30 pm

yeh i saw that juan. i do agree however, that as someone else alluded to earlier, i would prefer kagawa in behind rooney where he excelled for dortmund, with rooney playing right up top. i remember a few years back, when he was told by saf to play further up field and be that man in the six yard area for crosses. i believe that season was his best scoring season to date. i still think to have rvp on board is only a positive at the end of the day.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:36 pm

team i would like to see next season based on actual squad as of this moment:

de gea

rafael rio vidic evra

carrick scholes

valencia kagawa nani

rooney

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:41 pm

IMO it's a luxury, not a necessity and we need more players but if Rooney gets injured we really do suffer. Hernandez and Welbeck can't handle being the main striker yet, Owen was never fit and we had some other Bulgarian guy but I don't know what happened to him.

Out of who we have so far I'd play:

---------------De Gea--------------
--Jones---Ferdinand---Vidic-----Evra--
----------Carrick----Scholes----------
-Valencia--------Kagawa--------Young-
---------------Rooney--------------

Get another LB, Jones can stay at RB until January. Perhaps another CM and we are "sowted".

Last edited by The Special Juan on Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:55 pm

i agree, in fairness young has played very well pre-season, especially against barca and alves. i would have preferred to have kept fabio as he is a lb with fryers who has left hasn't he, as another back up. then bought debuchy as our 1st team right back with jones and rafael backing up.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:08 am

I rate Young over Nani. Yes, Nani on his day is much better but he's the most inconsistent player I've seen.

The main Man Utd problem is the FB position; aside from Evra you can argue none of them are real FB's. And even Evra is looking poor. I think Debuchy would be a good signing but Fergie's major strength is not bringing in too many egos at once. Nothing against Debuchy, I'd rather wait until January before I'd buy him.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:12 am

but arent lille in europe, which would mean we can't play him if we get out of the group this time. looking forward to see how celeverly get's on. he was outstanding at the start of the season before he got injured.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:13 am

also let's move to the utd thread if we're discussing utd in in depth as we are, that's what the threads for Smile

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 10:43 am

Sorry, I got a little carried away.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:28 pm

Selling Rodwell was the best thing that could happen to Everton. They probably should of sold Baines for £15m when Man Utd came calling aswell and followed the likes of Newcastle United's policy of buying from abroad and getting replacement who are of equal ability for a fraction of the price. I know it's difficult but it can be achieved. Pienaar, Naismith & possibly Kevin Miralles for around £5m who scored 20 goals last season are very positive signings that should take Everton to that next level and help them avoid the poor and slow starts to their campaign.

- - - - - - -- - - - - -JELAVIC- - - - - - - -

MIRALLES- - - -- -PIENAAR - - - - - -OSMAN

- - - - NAISMITH - - - - -FELLIANI- - - -- - - -

BAINES - - JAGIELKA - - DISTIN - - - NEVILLE

- - - - - - - - - - -HOWARD - - - - - - - - - - -

what do you think Everton and Moyes can achieve this season?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:38 pm

Why would you play Naismith centre mid lol. He is a striker
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

I think everton are looking good going into next season. i would consider coleman going back to rb, he could still bomb forward as he does from the rw, but can also develop his defensive game more and everton, with baines and coleman at the back everton will be a serious threat going forward next season.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

Olly wrote:Why would you play Naismith centre mid lol. He is a striker

no he's not he plays cam, but can also play cm more than comfortably.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

I am pretty sure Steven Naismith has played striker or wing pretty much all his career. If he plays CM I will die of laughter
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:45 pm

Moyes has used Naismith as a partner for Jelavic so far in pre-season. I think a midfield of Osman, Fellaini, Barkley and Pienaar would work well for Everton; Naismith/Mirallas just behind Jelavic. They're quite lacking in cover though I think.

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:47 pm

yeh naismith is a cf/cam/winger i suppose. plus i know he's not the best midfield in the world but they also have darron gibson who can slot in beside feillani and offers something going forward.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:48 pm

Completely forgot about Gibson! They're midfield is looking strong, I just don't have much faith in Distin as a CB.

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

Naismith is never an out and out striker, will link up well in midfield or just behind jelavic and playing with Pienaar......really it doesnt matter does it. All i was showing is there probable team and just wanted to know what everyone thought everton could achieve this season. Glad they sold rodwell and generated some money because everything was just becoming stagnant at that club. needed fresh blood and the release of cahill is a sign of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:52 pm

rodwell hardly played anyway and although showed glimpses i'm glad for instance utd didn't sign him for that sort of money. they've done a great job at everton and its nice to see finally that there is finally some decent money for them to spend on players.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:53 pm

There is a young Chilean striker United have bought today for 4 million if you wanted to add that to your list. Beaten City to him (makes a change) apparently. Angelo Henriquez - had his medical today.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 5:06 pm

haven't heard much about him, with the striking options bloated at the moment, hopefully we can sell macheda and bring this guy in as 4th striker, or 5th if/when rvp signs, and then give him some useful minutes in carling cup games and fa cup maybe.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 5:15 pm

Henriquez is suppossed to be going back to Chile straight away for a season. The fact that City came in was irrelevant as we had a fee agreed with his club until 2014 to sign him and the agreement was in place until 2014 so the only hope City would have had would be if we refused to sign him

As for Rodwell I don't think it's that bad a price, especially when compared to the 25 million Everton wanted when we were interested heading into last summer. If United had have signed Rodwell for 12 million I would have been more than happy as that lad will be awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 5:21 pm

gazzyD wrote:As for Rodwell I don't think it's that bad a price, especially when compared to the 25 million Everton wanted when we were interested heading into last summer. If United had have signed Rodwell for 12 million I would have been more than happy as that lad will be awesome

Could be awesome. I think a few years ago it looked certain that he'd become a great midfielder, but I think over the last couple of years injuries and a lack of exposure to first team football because of this have really stunted his development. Moving to Manchester City could either be a godsend or the nail in the coffin, he needs to be playing week in week out to get back on track.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 5:41 pm

I think he's better than Barry, plus playing with better players (no disrespect to Everton), if he stays free of injuries I think he'll have a really good future ahead of him

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:11 pm

Eww Darron Gibson
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:16 pm

Vurnon Anita having a medical at Newcastle, thought to be a fee of around £6-7m. Our midfield is going to be so strong this year: Tiote, Anita and Cabaye all supporting HBA, Ba and Cisse Yahoo

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next