The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 16 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 16 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by hampo17 Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:32 am

Small Time the agreement was that we could bid for players and it would be accepted providing it was the best deal for Swansea. Are you saying that £15 million for Joe Allen is not a great deal for Swansea?

This has nothing to do with Rodgers, every manager goes back to their old club to bring players that have impressed them there to their new clubs. I fail to see why it is such a big deal when Rodgers does it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 16 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by GSC Sat 11 Aug 2012, 7:38 pm

Moses to Chelsea for 9m

Waste of money

The spanish RB with the funny name next
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 11 Aug 2012, 7:52 pm

Azpilicueta?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:01 pm

Thats the one.

Ferguson has left another friendly for 'club business'. Last time that happened PSG took Moura
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:09 pm

Probably trying to flog Nani to the nearest pawn brokers.

Unrelated but...... PSG 0-1 Lorient.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2012, 9:50 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Probably trying to flog Nani to the nearest pawn brokers.

Unrelated but...... PSG 0-1 Lorient.

Looks like Ibra has bailed them out. 2-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:10 pm

Just a note on the table, Hazard's fee was £32 Million, Marin's was £7 million and Oscar's £25 million.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:12 pm

Reaper wrote:Just a note on the table, Hazard's fee was £32 Million, Marin's was £7 million and Oscar's £25 million.

I think all of them are undisclosed, so we can only speculate on the exact fee. It also depends whether you include add ons as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:22 pm

French Tv seems to think M'Vila is on the verge of a move to the PL.

Don't think its Arsenal unless the Sahin deal has completely collapsed. Could be either Manchester club, Spurs?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm

GSC wrote:French Tv seems to think M'Vila is on the verge of a move to the PL.

Don't think its Arsenal unless the Sahin deal has completely collapsed. Could be either Manchester club, Spurs?

Or Chelsea could be spending yet more money on midfielders?

It's probably Manchester City, after Mancini came out yesterday and publicly criticised the lack of signings. I think they've been after a new defensive midfielder for a year now, Owen Hargreaves and Claudio Pizarro were short term solutions. I don't think Mancini rates Barry or De Jong that highly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:27 pm

Not really any room at Chelsea.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:27 pm

Crimey wrote:
Reaper wrote:Just a note on the table, Hazard's fee was £32 Million, Marin's was £7 million and Oscar's £25 million.

I think all of them are undisclosed, so we can only speculate on the exact fee. It also depends whether you include add ons as well.

I'm fairly certain 32 mil was Hazard's buyout clause at Lille.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:31 pm

Until transfer fees are made transparent then it will always be speculation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:31 pm

GSC wrote:Not really any room at Chelsea.

I don't think that'd stop them!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:32 pm

haha.

They did get a 100m kitty from the CL.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:34 pm

GSC wrote:haha.

And the multi-billionaire owner.....

I really don't think the FFP rules will be enforced on any big club like Chelsea, it wouldn't be in the interests of UEFA. They'll do a bit to stay within them, but I imagine there will be A LOT of leeway. Chelsea will probably get a huge sponsorship deal from Abrahomovic's mates in the next couple of years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:35 pm

Nice little earner but until they are self sufficient it makes little difference to their spending.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:38 pm

No, but it allows this spending spree to slip by
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:40 pm

On the fees I'm using TM to get them. They might not be 100% right but they will be consistent.

Unlucky Lorient, I think they were down to 10 men as well. I'd love it if it was a bogus decision.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:41 pm

Crimey wrote:

And the multi-billionaire owner.....

I really don't think the FFP rules will be enforced on any big club like Chelsea, it wouldn't be in the interests of UEFA. They'll do a bit to stay within them, but I imagine there will be A LOT of leeway. Chelsea will probably get a huge sponsorship deal from Abrahomovic's mates in the next couple of years.

Chelsea aren't in any danger or not complying to FFP regulations in the initial phase with the money coming in from winning the champions league and an additonal Premier league TV deal which will be pumping a further £3bn into the league. Not to mention the favour United might have done us a favour with announcing their new shirt sponsor deal early (£45 mil) with Chelsea's sponsorship deal with samsung ending after this season which will put us in a strong negotiating position to get a lot more than the £13 mil we're getting currently.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:43 pm

The Special Juan wrote:On the fees I'm using TM to get them. They might not be 100% right but they will be consistent.

Unlucky Lorient, I think they were down to 10 men as well. I'd love it if it was a bogus decision.

Yeah, I just looked at TM and they don't match the ones you have in the table though. TM updates it all the time when new information is released.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:45 pm

Ah those goons!! I shall update it when the window closes then.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:25 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/08/12/blues-accept-rodwell-bid

For a player that's never fit? I wonder what the fee is. Might be the best piece of business Everton do.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

I think if they can get anywhere near the reported fees of £20 million+ it'll be great business. I think Rodwell is highly overrated, I think injuries have stunted his development completely and he'll never fulfil his early potential.

From a Manchester City perspective, as the big signing of the summer, that surely has to be slightly disappointed. He's not a huge improvement on Barry/De Jong and I imagine they'll get ripped off as usual.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

"A fool and his money are easily parted" They'll be signing Wilshere next. I'd love to know what Man City fans think of this; surely De Jong is a better player? Anyway, I hope Davie Moyes gets a large chunk of that to spend (but not before we play them a week on Monday). Their midfield might be a bit bare at the moment, although Barkley will start games now.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:35 pm

I don't think City want to spend those huge amounts, it's just all the teams know they have the money and know they can spend it so will hold out for ridiculous fees. In the same way that Newcastle knew Liverpool had £50 million from the Torres deal so could hold them for ransom.

I'd hope Moyes gets the chance to use even a portion of the money, I imagine he'll be able to pluck some unknown from somewhere to fill that particular hole.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:53 pm

BBC Radio 5 Live have said the fee is believed to be around £15 million
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

Still think that's a good deal for Everton, bad deal for Manchester City.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:56 pm

A very good player who I rate highly. No need for City to sign him, it's almost like running out of big name foreign signings, let's grab an English one to get some good will.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

Thomond wrote:A very good player who I rate highly. No need for City to sign him, it's almost like running out of big name foreign signings, let's grab an English one to get some good will.

They've been after a defensive midfielder for a while to be fair. I don't think Mancini rates Barry or De Jong that highly, Owen Hargreaves and David Pizarro were both short-term attempts to find a solution, Rodwell is presumably their long-term solution.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

Rodwell for 15m is good business. Yes hes not quite the player we all thought he'd be by now but he's a good player with the ability to become that.

City could've gone for a De Rossi or a Martinez but instead they opt for English youth and get canned?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Aug 2012, 1:11 pm

City buying English youth isn't necessarily a good thing. At Everton he'd be playing football week in, week out, obviously we don't know what will happen at City, but the last talented, young English player they bought was Adam Johnson who they're letting rot on the bench.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

Adam Johnson was bought before the new owners came in iirc.

Rodwell's better than Barry so he should start in that midfield.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

Yeah I should imagine Rodwell will start over Barry, alongside Yaya Toure. I think £15m is good for Everton, but in the long term could be a very good signing by City
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Aug 2012, 6:14 pm

Everton making £4m bid for Jonas Gutierrez (unconfirmed)

They ain't taking the spiderman for that......

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 12 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

Spiderman?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 12 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Spiderman?

Didn't you hear, its all over the web.........

drumroll

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 12 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

martyr wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Spiderman?

Didn't you hear, its all over the web.........

drumroll

picard
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:59 am

Talk that RVP has agreed a deal with Man Utd worth 195k a week, 3 years with a team option for a 4th.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 10:40 am

Rumours that LFC have agreed an £18million deal to sign Gaston Ramirez, apparently he's on Merseyside today for contract talks a possible medical according to certain sources.

Charlie Adam will also be offered in a cash+player deal for Dempsey.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

GSC wrote:Talk that RVP has agreed a deal with Man Utd worth 195k a week, 3 years with a team option for a 4th.

- - - - - - - - -VAN PERSIE - -- - - - - -

YOUNG - - - -ROONEY - - - - -VALENCIA

- - - - -KAGAWA- - -CARRICK - - - - - -

EVRA - -FERDINAND- -VIDIC- - -RAFAEL/JONES

- - - - - - - -DE GEA- - - - - - - - - - - -

I think SAF will be pretty pleased with that going into the new season. Vidic returning and adding RVP/Kagawa is a huge improvement on last season and in my opinion that looks a championship winning side. I think they will put City under immense pressure this season. A RB and a holding midfielder would be good additions if the money is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:21 am

John wrote:
GSC wrote:Talk that RVP has agreed a deal with Man Utd worth 195k a week, 3 years with a team option for a 4th.

- - - - - - - - -VAN PERSIE - -- - - - - -

YOUNG - - - -ROONEY - - - - -VALENCIA

- - - - -KAGAWA- - -CARRICK - - - - - -

EVRA - -FERDINAND- -VIDIC- - -RAFAEL/JONES

- - - - - - - -DE GEA- - - - - - - - - - - -

I think SAF will be pretty pleased with that going into the new season. Vidic returning and adding RVP/Kagawa is a huge improvement on last season and in my opinion that looks a championship winning side. I think they will put City under immense pressure this season. A RB and a holding midfielder would be good additions if the money is there.

Kagawa isn't a CM, and quite frankly neither Kagawa or Carrick can tackle that well, so IMO they need a enforcer type CM in there alongside Carrick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:23 am

Defence needs work on it. Carrick tackles well. If he didn't, he'd be a non player like Barry.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

Kagawa won't be playing there, centre mid is still very much lacking.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:30 am

He isn't far off being one
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

Carrick is a decent player and more than a water carrier, just lacks that instinct to control a game.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:32 pm

He's underrated as a box-to-box midfielder but should really get more goals than he does.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:29 pm

I know Kagawa isnt a centre midfielder (it was just a quick view of their team) but if RVP signs then it's going to be difficult for him to play in his preferred position in behind the striker where rooney would play. SAF will make Kagawa a more rounded player and he will know he has to be a team player who can benefit the team when in possession and without it. I agree a holding midfielder like tiote would of been ideal for united.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:39 pm

I can't see RvP being sold to Utd.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:47 pm

Put this in EuroDiv but also here:

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/a-wigan-fan-gives-the-lowdown-on-victor-pinball-wizard-moses/

A superb article even if I do say so myself

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next