The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan reinstated WBA Super Champion.

+3
BoxingFan88
azania
School Project
7 posters

Go down

Amir Khan reinstated WBA Super Champion. Empty Amir Khan reinstated WBA Super Champion.

Post by School Project Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:08 pm

Just this moment heard that Amir Khan has (rightfully) been awarded the WBA belt back following the controversial loss to Lamont Peterson in December.

Regardless of the loss on his record or not (which in my opinion shold be removed also) the belt is back in his hands which makes the fight against Garcia all the more exciting as this is an actual unification bout now.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan reinstated WBA Super Champion. Empty Re: Amir Khan reinstated WBA Super Champion.

Post by azania Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:15 pm

Justice.

azania

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan reinstated WBA Super Champion. Empty Re: Amir Khan reinstated WBA Super Champion.

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:38 pm

About time, now for the IBF to follow suit.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:59 pm

pity IBF won't do the same...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:13 am

I don't think it'll matter about the IBF belt, it's one less fee he'll have to pay. Plus he'll be recognised as the Unified champ should he beat Garcia. I don't see it any different to someone relinquishing the belt as I can't count the loss to Peterson against Khan.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

Does anyone know if Khans "loss" to Peterson will be over-turned to a No Decision?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:28 am

Only the State Athletic Commission can do that (I think) and I'm guessing they won't take the win from their home-town boy irrespective of how much it has been undermined.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Only the State Athletic Commission can do that (I think) and I'm guessing they won't take the win from their home-town boy irrespective of how much it has been undermined.

Its amazing how they can re-instate Khan (basically stating it was not a legitimate win) but then wont over-turn the decision.

Seems beyond me.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:55 am

Surprised the IBF are dragging their heels over this - if Peterson was found guilty of taking a banned substance, the fight itself should be changed to a no-contest and Khans titles should be re-instated.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:00 pm

Even though I think its the right decision I think the main driving force behind the WBA reinstating Khan as champion is wanting the sanctioning fees from the fight.

Which makes it all the more surprising that the IBF havent done the same.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:27 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Surprised the IBF are dragging their heels over this - if Peterson was found guilty of taking a banned substance, the fight itself should be changed to a no-contest and Khans titles should be re-instated.

I'm not. IBF have been fishy all along with this. The man in the hat with his IBF association, who then celebrate with team LP, the fact they said they'd wait for the WBA and then have gone suspiciously quiet. Pity, I thought the IBF was the last respectable body out there....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down