The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judah vs Marquez?

3 posters

Go down

Judah vs Marquez? Empty Judah vs Marquez?

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

Some websites speculating this fight maybe close to being signed for later this year.

The fight will be another high profile fight for Judah in his 'comeback' and gives Marquez the chance to win that elusive 4th weight belt and in doing so would be the first Mexican to do so.

If the fight is made who do you want to win and who do you think will win.

Marquez is one of my favourite fighters but think Judah is not great for him style wise, especially if Judah continues to develop his defence.

Would love for Marquez to win but have a feeling Judah would win via a close decision.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Judah vs Marquez? Empty Re: Judah vs Marquez?

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:16 am

Difficult fight to judge, just depends on how much either of them have in tank, not 100% sold on Judah to go 12 with a fast paced fighter, but the weight and age could be the factor on Marquez... He won't be having many more fights, I think before he fought Kats he was talking about 2 or 3 more, he still desperately wants his shot at Pac, but what's the point if it's not at 135?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:23 am

Agree Alex, Pac vs Marquez would be great but it would never be below 140 even though Pac could easily make 135 and he wants to have every advantage.

Can understand Marquez wanted Pac but think it's too much at a higher weight.

A win against Judah gives Marquez a huge achievement for a Mexican fighter (and any fighter) with a 4th weight crown and an easier route than Khan and Bradley IMO.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

Most certainly and I don't really BLAME Pac for only wanting it at 140 or above, because it would mean he was dropping weight and Marquez was gaining weight (Assuming Pac is still a WW when the time comes) A lot of people don't realise it is very difficult to drop weight, (Ask RJJ :P) But I still don't see the point I can't see him being comfortable at that weight and Pac rolling him over in all honesty, plus Pac's a different machine since then. (Judging from the recent performances)

As for Judah - Marquez at LWW I would most definately tune in! However I wouldn't be expecting to see the spring chickens that they once were... But watching the Marquez - Diaz fight shows he is still near his best, the only worry is how he carries the weight, if he does I think he could take out Judah emphatically.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:33 am

Last time Marquez stepped up in weight he didn't look good. OK it was against FMJ but he didn't look like he carried the extra pounds well. Judah is a LWW and looked very good against Mabuza. On his day Judah could beat any of the LWW out their just now. Would love to see this fight happen but unsure about Marquez moving up in weight. for me it would be Judah by a late stoppage to quick for JMM and has a good dig.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:56 am

yeah it's true, but that was WW we are talking about LWW this time, however I still think he's screwed if he takes on The Pacman.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Apr 2011, 12:42 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:yeah it's true, but that was WW we are talking about LWW this time, however I still think he's screwed if he takes on The Pacman.

I know it was at WW but it's the only instance we have of him above LW and he didn't look good. I think Judah beats him at LWW he's still got the speed and the power. Defence has improved as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down