The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man United transfer transfer targets/rumours/singings

+5
GSC
compelling and rich
dreilly
Hero
Liam
9 posters

Go down

Man United transfer transfer targets/rumours/singings Empty Man United transfer transfer targets/rumours/singings

Post by Liam Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:49 pm

For me, we need strengthening in quite a few positions which is going to cost quite a bit. If we do it now it means however we won't need to spend near as much next season. So the priority is for me:

RB:

Rafael is just too inconsitent to perform week in week out and suffers lapses in confidence way too often. Poor defensively also although with him being so young, there is plenty of time to learn his trade.

Possible singing: Debuchy

Linked with Newcastle strongly, I feel we would miss out big time. He was superb for France at the Euro's and won't cost too much. I'm sure, no offence to the toon, that if we showed some interest then perhaps we could sway his head and convince him to come to OT.

CM:

An area that we seem to cry out for to strengthen every year as united fans, with Fergie constantly believing that we don't need anyone there. Finally the penny has dropped. Carrick had a good year last season but clearly isn't world class. Cleverly shows allot of promise but its too early for him to be expected to lead the cm now. Anderson is a bit like rafael and too injury prone. Scholes is a nice option to have.

Possible singing: Mouthino

Linked largely with Spurs with Modric off to Madrid, it doesn't look likely. However, I believe that we can still get him like Debuchy and would be a great singing, shone during the Euro's, he kept the tempo high and played some beautiful passes, very similar to Xavi although not in his league.

LB:

Evra had a poor season by his high standards and with him being 32 he's getting on a bit now. Baines is heading towards the prime of his career and is next in line for the England LB position when Cole retires. He would also help with this UEFA home grown thing, don't really remember what its about.

Possible singing: Baines

would be a good buy with Alba unfortunately completing his inevitable transfer to Barca. Looking at around 10m, Everton will want a little more but I think 10m is more than adequate.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Man United transfer transfer targets/rumours/singings Empty Re: Man United transfer transfer targets/rumours/singings

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:55 pm

Debuchy heavily linked with NUFC for £7m and is apparently agreed now, also the influence of his close friend Yohan Cabaye is significant. Baines has been priced at around £16m by Everton, so I don't know where you've got £10m from. There a club in a tight financial situation, so buying there best players is going to difficult. Your linked with Lucas Moura and are discussing a possible move with Anderson possibly going the other way. Moutinho will more likely be interesting in joining in previous manager AVB, also he's being priced at over £20m because Porto know that Tottenham have at least that amount of money from selling Modric to Madrid. Fergie will not be spending that money on a 26 year old, otherwise you would of got Sneijder a year ago.

Back to top Go down

Man United transfer transfer targets/rumours/singings Empty Re: Man United transfer transfer targets/rumours/singings

Post by Hero Fri 13 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

If I could the signings for Utd I'd look one of Bilbao's Martinez, PSV's Strootman or Benfica's Garcia any of those three could add the much needed grit at the heart of midfield.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dreilly Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

From what I believe, United actually have a good amount of money to spend this summer so I wouldn't be surprised to see us nick Modric from under Madrid's noses.

He wanted to go Chelsea last season which shows he is open to the idea of staying in England, and just training alongside someone like Scholes will really help him further his development.

dreilly

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:21 pm

i keep hoping/dreaming that we can nick van persie and modric but we very rarely do well in head to head with other clubs (robben/essien/ronaldinio etc). in fact berbas one of the few and thats only because city had just been taken over. money talks with players and they go to the place which pays the most, which is often not us.

we could do with finding another gem somewhere. i agree that a we could do with a DM/RB and depending how he see kagawa we could still do with another ball play playing midfielder. other than the wingers the midfield is very weak

Last edited by compelling and rich on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 20 Jul 2012, 4:58 pm

I heard a rumour Man Utd don't have much money to spend.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 22 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I heard a rumour Man Utd don't have much money to spend.

were one of the highest earning clubs in the world?? glaziers have the club in debt but its thier debt and they know without investment we cant carry on competeing at the highest level, therefore wont earn as much

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm

Ferguson does always yap on about value in the market!

He never used to yap on when they recruited Van Nistelrooy, Ferdinand, Rooney, Veron and others!

City are the more ambitious club of the two these days... Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:06 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Ferguson does always yap on about value in the market!

He never used to yap on when they recruited Van Nistelrooy, Ferdinand, Rooney, Veron and others!

the thing is all those players bar veron were good value, they were proven. he was talking about throwing 35 mil on hazard who's not even proven quality yet

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

compelling and rich wrote:

the thing is all those players bar veron were good value, they were proven. he was talking about throwing 35 mil on hazard who's not even proven quality yet

Rooney was no where near proven. I think people forget he was bought at just 18 for £30 million, the season before he was bought he scored 9 goals in 34 games.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:24 pm

Crimey wrote:

Rooney was no where near proven. I think people forget he was bought at just 18 for £30 million, the season before he was bought he scored 9 goals in 34 games.
Rooney only played 20 or so games for Everton before signing for them. Hazard won the league with Lille! Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:30 pm

In fact Van Nistelrooy was hardly proven either, he'd only played in the Dutch league and had been out with a serious injury which delayed the move for a year.

Hazard has performed in the French league which I think is at a higher quality than the Dutch one.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:31 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Rooney only played 20 or so games for Everton before signing for them.

He'd played 67 league games, but had only scored 15 goals!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

It's just typical Fergie tactics, downplay what the opposition have done and big up what Utd have done or ignore it when see fit, but most managers do the same.
Take Hazard, at 34m it was too much money for an unproven player.
Yet Fergie offered 32m for him and has reportedly offered the same for Moura who's even more so of a gamble than Hazard who is two time Player of the Year in France and prior to that twice Young Player of the Year.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

ruud had scored 62 goals in 67 apperances for psv and anybody who had watched him could clearly see that he was a class apart in that league, was never going to be a alves or kezman. back then the dutch league was better than the french, psv were regular quarter finalists.

rooney wasnt proven no, but he was clearly talented and a no risk deal at that time. it was quite obviuos he was something special then. considering what we paid up front for him was a great deal.

fergie has said he think 35 million (more than all the players we have mentioned) is a bit of a gamble for a player who he thinks isnt worth that much. whats wrong with that. for that money he's needs to be better than rooney, ruud and rio. something that is yet to be seen

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:53 pm

35 mil now though is hardly 35 mil at the same time as when Rio or Rooney were signed for 30+ mil.
30mil at the time Rooney signed would actually know be worth 37.2m
And back when Rio joined 10 years ago he would now be going for over 39m.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 22 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm

considering the current economical climate and the fair fair paly rules then i would say its not much difference. more and more clubs are struggling and going out of buisness. the only clubs who are spending massive amount these days is chelsea and city because of thier owners.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 3:36 pm

compelling and rich wrote:considering the current economical climate and the fair fair paly rules then i would say its not much difference. more and more clubs are struggling and going out of buisness. the only clubs who are spending massive amount these days is chelsea and city because of thier owners.

And PSG, Malaga, Juventus reportedly, Liverpool spent over £100 million last summer, Barcelona have spent £30 million on individual players a few times in the last couple of years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

There is quite a difference in paying £30 million for young player proven in the pl who have had successful international tournament campaigns. Rio had also played in the cl.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 4:51 pm

Ent wrote:There is quite a difference in paying £30 million for young player proven in the pl who have had successful international tournament campaigns. Rio had also played in the cl.

He wasn't proven in the Premier League, he'd scored 9 goals in 40 games the season before. That was worse than Andy Carroll's record. He performed well at Euro 2004, but we've seen players have a good international tournament only to flop later.

I think people forget how big of a risk signing Wayne Rooney was.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

Crimey wrote:
Ent wrote:There is quite a difference in paying £30 million for young player proven in the pl who have had successful international tournament campaigns. Rio had also played in the cl.

He wasn't proven in the Premier League, he'd scored 9 goals in 40 games the season before. That was worse than Andy Carroll's record. He performed well at Euro 2004, but we've seen players have a good international tournament only to flop later.

I think people forget how big of a risk signing Wayne Rooney was.

He had proved he could play in the premier league an displayed his talents for all to see, the united players were raving about him and telling fergie to sign him in a similar vein to ronaldo.

He took to the international stage with ease and played like a superstar at euro 2004.

Every transfer has risks but in ye grand scheme of things this was not that risky.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jul 2012, 5:34 pm

Crimey wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Rooney only played 20 or so games for Everton before signing for them.

He'd played 67 league games, but had only scored 15 goals!
ah ok thought he left after 1st season 2003/2004?
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

I just find it strange how Fergie feels the need to mention what price another club paid for a player that has nothing to do with him. You'd think he would keep some dignity!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 5:37 pm

Two full seasons before he left. First season he scored 8 goals in 37 games. Second season he scored 9 goals in 40 games.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:41 pm

The Rooney transfer was a one off that was forced on Ferguson by Newcastles interest in him, given the opportunity he would have left it a year to see how he progressed and then have made a move rather than jumping in straight away.

£35mil for Hazard does seem a lot when Kagawa cost half of that and performed just as well in a stronger league, the respective ages makes a difference but value for money right now Fergie seems to have got it spot on.

I am very apprehensive about the potential Moura deal using Kleberson, Anderson, Forlan and Veron as previous south american signings who didn't live up to the expectation, he like Oscar looks very promising but I wouldn't be surprised if the pair flopped.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down