The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great night of Boxing

4 posters

Go down

Great night of Boxing Empty Great night of Boxing

Post by Lance Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

with so many disappointing nights, its nice to appreciate a night where boxing lives up to expectations. other than a little earner i had on garcia, i was pretty much a neutral for both fights, and as such both delievered great entertainment. hard to see where the next great night of boxing will come from, maybe one of the german cards will deliver.

well done david haye. the fight went exactly as i expected for 4 rounds, but i didnt see the ko coming. haye showed he has genuine power at heavy, i dont think this can be questioned anymore. unfortunately we will have to listen to his nuthuggers claiming vitali is afraid now, and over exaggerating what this performance does for him. to me it proves hes between 3rd and 6th best heavy in the world. i would still favour vitali to beat him. afterall margarito took cotto out more emphatically than mayweather ever could, this doesnt make marg better than mayweather. i would be more interested in seeing haye fight solis or povetkin, but i assume this is unlikely. if he fights vitali then good luck to him, but he will still be underdog and rightfully so.

khan..oh dear. garcia showed he was tough and maybe he can go far. but again khans mouth is 2 steps ahead of his ability. if he had spent the past 2 years saying he was gonna clean up lww division then it would be much easier to get back on the wagon, as even after this defeat hes not a million miles away. problem is hes a million miles away from where he says he is, and will never fight mayweather let alone trouble him now. hes been constantly dismissal of his rivals at lww, and has now lost to 2 of them without even facing the 2 guys who were rated ahead of him before they moved up. khan has always looked beatable, and if he continues to mix with top opponenets he will pick up more losses. hes still very famous on these shores for a boxer though, and im sure we will see plenty more of him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Great night of Boxing Empty Re: Great night of Boxing

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:42 pm

Khan lost because he's not good enough. Simple as that. He may have the skills, but not the head. His chin is fine, but punches to the temple makes him dance.

But I don't agree that he should talk less. He backs up his talk by seeking out and often fighting the best. Unless you prefer Calzaghe type who calls out the best and fights Pudwill.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

You see a lot of fighters and trainers say that everyone has a button, land on it and they'll go down. Khan just leaves his button constantly open.

Chisora is a good example, Vitali couldn't land a clean, flush shot on the button in 12 rounds due to Chisora keeping a good tight guard while Haye let him walk on to a absolute peach and it's lights out.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

hampo171 wrote:You see a lot of fighters and trainers say that everyone has a button, land on it and they'll go down. Khan just leaves his button constantly open.

Chisora is a good example, Vitali couldn't land a clean, flush shot on the button in 12 rounds due to Chisora keeping a good tight guard while Haye let him walk on to a absolute peach and it's lights out.

Khan's button is larger than most.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:You see a lot of fighters and trainers say that everyone has a button, land on it and they'll go down. Khan just leaves his button constantly open.

now we know why you like him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

Lance wrote:
azania wrote:

Laugh Laugh clap

Very good.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

Lance wrote:
azania wrote:

laughing

1-0 to you. Was wide open for that Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down