The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final?

+28
SubsBench
beshocked
Luckless Pedestrian
emack2
fa0019
mowgli
wales606
kunu
disneychilly
Morgannwg
caoimhincentre
thebluesmancometh
Thomond
Triangulation
gowales
doctor_grey
SecretFly
aucklandlaurie
tigertattie
Biltong
RuggerRadge2611
Duigers
red_stag
jimmyinthewell68
kiakahaaotearoa
rodders
sugarNspikes
HERSH
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 27 ]
Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 16 ]
Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 22 ]
Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 19 ]
Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 16 ]
Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 123

Poll closed

Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Empty Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final?

Post by HERSH Tue 17 Jul 2012, 9:37 am

First topic message reminder :

IMO no.

But this is a discussion board so let’s discuss this intriguing subject.

The reason I said no is that I don't believe these three nations have the mental believe to take on the big boys in a KO competition like the RWC as it is a different type of pressure when compared to a domestic or euro cup.

Simple as that.

Discuss.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final?

Post by HERSH Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:35 pm

Scotland will finish in the bottom 2 in the 2013 6 nations because they lack depth, on there day they'll give anyone a game but once they get 2 or 3 injuries then it will be game over. IMO.

I stand by my statement by the way.

Russia or USA will get to a rugby world cup final within the next 4/5 RWC's
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Wales/Ireland or Scotland ever make a RWC final?

Post by HERSH Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:35 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I'd love to argue like Hersh - make up a few 'facts' to back up some ever changing statements and keep dodging and requests to back up these 'statements' and then crowing that he's right and Wales/Ireland/Scotland/France (delete as necassary) are terrible

I never mentioned France!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:36 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:
HERSH wrote:Why is it some people can't contribute in a sensible way picard

How disappointing.
You had a chance to argue you case and you resorted to insults.

So I take you're not a true Rugby fan then?
i dont know why you can't contribute sensibly. that is yourissue purposei suppose.

Fixed that for you Caoim - Hersh's motto is "I wum therefore I am"

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:36 pm

HERSH wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:I'd love to argue like Hersh - make up a few 'facts' to back up some ever changing statements and keep dodging and requests to back up these 'statements' and then crowing that he's right and Wales/Ireland/Scotland/France (delete as necassary) are terrible

I never mentioned France!

I didn't say you mentioned France in this article

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

HERSH wrote:Scotland will finish in the bottom 2 in the 2013 6 nations because they lack depth, on there day they'll give anyone a game but once they get 2 or 3 injuries then it will be game over. IMO.

clearly a statement to get an emotional response and annoy sensible rugby fans.

If only you could back it up with some sense and fact. something other than they are big counties. Ire/Wal/Scot. they are small

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

HERSH wrote:Scotland will finish in the bottom 2 in the 2013 6 nations because they lack depth, on there day they'll give anyone a game but once they get 2 or 3 injuries then it will be game over. IMO.

EH??? Did you mean make it out of their pool in 4 or 5 RWCs time?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:40 pm

Caoimhincentre - fair play to HERSH it got a result two of us bit.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
caoimhincentre wrote:

How disappointing.

i dont know why you can't contribute sensibly. that is yourissue purposei suppose.

Just because my opinion differs to yours doesn't make me a WUM.

I hate Wums, they destroy good articles IMO.

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

Ok so what positions do we lack Depth in? The front row? To be Honest Murray, Cross, Jacobson will all be lucky to keep their places after how well Welsh did in the 6N and how well Grant did in the summer tour. Ross Ford is a key player but Scot Lawson is more than capable of playing a full international test match, likewise Pat MaCarthur at Glasgow is in with a shout of getting his first cap in the Autumn.

2nd Row behind Gray and Hamilton we have Kellock, Gilchrist, MacKenzie and Ryder.

Backrow behind Brown, Rennie and Denton who are all probably 1st choice we have Strokosch, Harley (try Scoring debut in Samoa), Barclay, Beattie, Fusaro, MacInally.... all very capable players if you bothered to watch some pro 12 games.

Scrum half, arguably our Strongest position : Blair, Cusiter and Lawson. To a lesser extent Laidlaw.

Finally some Depth at fly half behind Laidlaw in the form of Weir, the promising youngster who was instrumental in Scotland A ripping the English Saxons to shreds in the 37-0 drubbing in the 6N and Jackson just coming back from injury.

In the Centres I'll concede we are just 1 injury away from seeing either Morrison or Lamont back at 12, although Robinson does have the option of playing Grove at 12 which I hope he'll do if anything happens to Matt Scott. Nick De Luca has his flaws but played well in the summer Tour and Ansbro can slot into 13 if anything happens to him. As can Max Evans.

Back 3 we have Jones, Hogg, MacVisser, The Lamont Brothers, Tom Brown (great Debut vs. Australia in the summer) and Max Evans.

So there you have it..... no apparent problems with depth as far as I can see. Over to you HERSH. OK
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:51 pm

Russia and USA are beginning to take rugby seriously, it would be daft to ignore the size of their populations, if they get a good solid structure in place then the game will grow, on their day they can give anyone a game already.

I believe one of them will get to a RWC final before a Celtic nation does.

I have never rubbished France so to say that I would is just plain silly, I admire the French more than anyone else in the Rugby world.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

Ok so what positions do we lack Depth in? The front row? To be Honest Murray, Cross, Jacobson will all be lucky to keep their places after how well Welsh did in the 6N and how well Grant did in the summer tour. Ross Ford is a key player but Scot Lawson is more than capable of playing a full international test match, likewise Pat MaCarthur at Glasgow is in with a shout of getting his first cap in the Autumn.

2nd Row behind Gray and Hamilton we have Kellock, Gilchrist, MacKenzie and Ryder.

Backrow behind Brown, Rennie and Denton who are all probably 1st choice we have Strokosch, Harley (try Scoring debut in Samoa), Barclay, Beattie, Fusaro, MacInally.... all very capable players if you bothered to watch some pro 12 games.

Scrum half, arguably our Strongest position : Blair, Cusiter and Lawson. To a lesser extent Laidlaw.

Finally some Depth at fly half behind Laidlaw in the form of Weir, the promising youngster who was instrumental in Scotland A ripping the English Saxons to shreds in the 37-0 drubbing in the 6N and Jackson just coming back from injury.

In the Centres I'll concede we are just 1 injury away from seeing either Morrison or Lamont back at 12, although Robinson does have the option of playing Grove at 12 which I hope he'll do if anything happens to Matt Scott. Nick De Luca has his flaws but played well in the summer Tour and Ansbro can slot into 13 if anything happens to him. As can Max Evans.

Back 3 we have Jones, Hogg, MacVisser, The Lamont Brothers, Tom Brown (great Debut vs. Australia in the summer) and Max Evans.

So there you have it..... no apparent problems with depth as far as I can see. Over to you HERSH. OK

Fair enough, bottom 3 then.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

HERSH wrote:Russia and USA are beginning to take rugby seriously, it would be daft to ignore the size of their populations, if they get a good solid structure in place then the game will grow, on their day they can give anyone a game already.

I believe one of them will get to a RWC final before a Celtic nation does.

I have never rubbished France so to say that I would is just plain silly, I admire the French more than anyone else in the Rugby world.

and with us taking rugby less seriously (Hersh has been driving around counting people so he knows) it is only logical with their massive populations that they they will no doubt win the RWC soon.

Personally i think 2015 will be too soon for both.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:54 pm

hence the 4/5 RWC!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:55 pm

HERSH wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
caoimhincentre wrote:

How disappointing.

Just because my opinion differs to yours doesn't make me a WUM.

I hate Wums, they destroy good articles IMO.

Apologies it's just the absence of facts or statisitics/links to back up your statements/claims, and the sometimes incendiary nature of your posts can sometimes make the posts to appear to be WUMs

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm

So basicly not good enough to beat England and France? I could accept that. As I said I think a pre-requosite is winning all our home games this season.

If we can do that we have made progress for the 1st time in a long time.

If and it's a huge IF we can beat England at Twickers on the opening day, I reckon we have a chance at the GS. We'll have 3 home games on the trot before playing the French.

Unlikely I know but far from impossible. The signs for the 1st time are encouraging.

Nice to see you U-turn though....... are you a member of the Tory/Lib-Dem coalition?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

HERSH wrote:

Fair enough that's 1 nation (and Bath) you don't rubbish

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

To be fair the French are the only ones in world rugby who have a legitimate pro rugby league

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:12 pm

Blimey. There's some outrageous statements being made on here today!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

While this started out as a WUM thread, for a while there was some interesting comments going on.

However it's now devolved into another childish anglo-welsh cat fight, so I'm locking it.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3