The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

factions in wrestling

3 posters

Go down

factions in wrestling Empty factions in wrestling

Post by CC Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:24 pm

I haven`t been able to watch TNA for a while now but I was getting pretty pi55ed off with it anyhow and WWE seems to be getting as bad. Why do we constantly need all-powerful factions in wrestling? You are just settling in to a promising looking match when one, or sometimes both, wrestlers gets a beatdown from one of these factions. How is it entertaining to have a gang of people dominate? and even in a sport where you have to suspend disbelief to such an extent, how is it remotely believable that the rest of the roster wouldn`t just get together and beat the sh1te out of them? I know some of you like the whole faction thing, I just wish it didn`t play such a prominent part.

CC

Back to top Go down

factions in wrestling Empty Re: factions in wrestling

Post by ADMIN Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:31 pm

Welcome onboard!

Regarding stables in WWE:
I think it’s one of those things that when they do it they then go overboard with it.
A couple of years ago everyone was crying out for a decent stable and was overjoyed when CM Punk’s Straight Edged Society was formed.
Nexus then came about and again people loved it, so they thought hmm people like Nexus, they like CM Punk in stables, let’s make another stable and put Punk in one too.

The Corre though? WTF is that all about?
Tried to research the meaning of the name and all it brings up is that it is a small commune in Eastern France and the surname of a few French people, that’s it.

Stables in TNA though I think Russo just loves, the fact that one that totally bombed in Main Event Mafia is due to return shortly shows that.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

factions in wrestling Empty re factions in wrestling

Post by CC Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:46 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I don`t mind the occasional bit of interference from a faction but I do object to the whole "taking over" scenario. I enjoy watching evenly matched bouts, especially the high flying ones and the technical wrestling ones which is why I miss the heyday of X div and the cruiserweight div, both of which threw up some fast and exciting matches without too many beatdowns.

CC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Thu 27 Jan 2011, 4:09 pm

I think that stables (4-5 men who can challenge on all fronts) is a good thing but theres no need for an nWo style group to take over the whole show. This is why the sooner fortune leave immortal the better since they have all forms of wrestling covered and need to be out on there own, not giving beatdowns to help Jeff Jarrett. Incidently, I'm liking the new nexus but I think thats probably down to Punk, the others don't seem to offer a lot in the ring or on the mic.

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

For me, the straight edge society failed whereas Nexus showed what a stable should be like.

Punk & the SES had the potential at the start, but a heel stable needs to install fear, chin everyone in sight and show no mercy. The Rey fued went on far too long. The SES should of moved through the roster, taking no prisoners.

Nexus on the other hand, well , what can i say. The first night on Raw, they chinned Cena, chinned the announcers, Chinned the ring bell person. They even chinned the ring lol
That is what a heel stable is all about.
The terror and destruction they brought to Raw was just what WWE needed, Raw was getting very stale, and Nexus were like a breath of fresh air.

As far is Corre is concernded, is this happening to bring about a fued between Punk & Barrett? The rumours are that Barrett is lined up to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania. So this fued / Punk storyline probs wont carry on much longer.

But in general, i guess stables give something new for the fans to watch instead of just standard 1 on 1 wrestling etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down