The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favourite Gold Medal-Winning Performance

+2
Dave.
Luckless Pedestrian
6 posters

Go down

Your Favourite Gold Medal-Winning Performance Empty Your Favourite Gold Medal-Winning Performance

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:20 pm

You won't need me to tell you that the 2012 Olympic Games are about to start in London; but to celebrate this year's Games, I thought I'd ask 606v2 members to post videos / recollections of their favourite gold medal-winning performances of the past.

I'll start us off:

https://youtu.be/lW0VFxZpDQY

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Gold Medal-Winning Performance Empty Re: Your Favourite Gold Medal-Winning Performance

Post by Dave. Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:32 pm

Well......... I know this isn't a gold medal performance, but it's what the Olympics are all about for me. Take a bow, Derek Redmond!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP6ysa8cijc

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Gold Medal-Winning Performance Empty Re: Your Favourite Gold Medal-Winning Performance

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:46 pm

Inge de Bruijn 2000.

Mainly because she now lives near me and is a fantastic person Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7T3B2uy060
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:53 pm

This one for me Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOVhDUkmIvk

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:57 pm

One of my Aussie mates goes mad every time he sees that breaker. He cant stand her and i always get the lecture about how bad it was that she displayed the Aborginal flag with the Australian flag. He gets upset about that and can barely talk Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:03 pm

I'd drop him Billy. nope
He obviously has issues with the origins of his own country.
Good on Cathy I say... Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

He is a good lad breaker, just a little... well... special Very Happy

That run from Cathy Freeman is also up there as one of the best moments, weight of a country on her shoulders and did not disappoint. You could see her relief at the end of the race, beautiful moment.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:10 pm

Two more recent ones are Kelly Holmes' two gold medals and Usain Bolt in the 100m at Beijing, where he was celebrating before he'd even won. It was unreal how fast he was.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:53 pm

Its not my favourite but it was one hell of a performance. Kieran Perkins winning the 1500mtr freestyle back in the day when i think that he broke 3 world records in one swim, 200mtr, 400mtr and 1500mtr's?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm

This.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down