The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

+25
Notch
red_stag
rodders
Biltong
mickyt
WillyGilly
MBTGOG
Rory_Gallagher
littleswannygirl
Cari
eirebilly
Hound_of_Harrow
PJHolybloke
ChequeredJersey
PenfroPete
prop_lyd
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
Mickado
Thomond
Luckless Pedestrian
Gibson
Rava
Pal Joey
29 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 11:57 am

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This week the pub has set up in the host city London, where we can watch the greatest athletes from all four corners of the globe compete in a multitude of Sports under the one thousand flame Olympic torch... each wearing the 5 coloured Olympic rings of blue, white (or black), red, yellow and green.

"Citius, Altius, Fortius" (faster, higher, stronger) has been the motto for the modern Olympic Games since their beginning in 1896.
(but not too high obviously!) Whistle

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Marcus Aurelius, Henri Didon, Baron Pierre de Coubertin, Sir Steve Redgrave, Cameron Van De Burgh, Marianne Vos, Murray Rose, Jesse Owens, Emil Zátopek,
Zara Phillips and her fabulous horse "Toytown" and last but not least.... Boris Johnson playing whiff-whaff against Danny Boyle.

Ale guinness Whisky cider RedWine guinness Ale The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Smiley16 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Smiley10 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Smiley11 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Smiley17 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Smiley18 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Smiley12 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Smiley13 Yikes Erm Very Happy Yahoo Ale guinness coffee mug

Last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t32901-the-zone-virtual-sports-bar-hamilton

Last edited by Linebreaker on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:21 pm; edited 5 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

Post by Rava Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

Σημειώστε
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:02 pm

Mark Phillips.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:03 pm

Did I miss anyone?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm

Ja Breaker. Marianne Vos uit Nederland. Cool
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:08 pm

And a Norn Irish boxer perhaps? Let us know...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

Marcus Aurelius.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

Linebreaker wrote:And a Norn Irish boxer perhaps? Let us know...

We'll wait to see if there are any Irish successes mate. Although if you know anyone who has a few bob to spare will you let them know Paddy Barnes is looking for a sponsor

Spoiler:
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:29 pm

She's got a few sponsors knocking on her door.

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:37 pm

I'm surprised Paddy Power didn't jump on that Rav. LB, I wouldn't say you have to add him but Kieran Behan deserves a mention in here, 9 years ago he was told he would more than likely be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. On Saturday he competed in the Olympics, in gymnastics, which seems to place a great emphasis on leg strength. After what he deemed to be a poor performance he broke down crying in an interview with RTE. I think those are the kinds of things are what make the Olympics what it is. Inspiring stories.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:40 pm

Had a lump in my throat watching that interview T. Fair play to the lad.

Here, I just copped I'll be in Orlando for the AI final. Disaster. I'll want to watch it regarless of who's playing, any idea's on what place might show it?!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:41 pm

Micko, http://orlando.about.com/od/restaurants/tp/irishpubs.htm might be worth a shout

Could get it for you online but are you bringing a laptop or ipad?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

You're going to have to change the name of this pub, I'll get no work done with the trains of thought it's setting in motion...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:50 pm

Just as well I am not going to Munster for the Dragons. We are hearing that we are playing at Thomond for once. Would've been a bit of a nause changing my travel plans.

Stupid Munster Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

Michael Ryan on his @rse in the three day event.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Thomond wrote:I'm surprised Paddy Power didn't jump on that Rav. LB, I wouldn't say you have to add him but Kieran Behan deserves a mention in here, 9 years ago he was told he would more than likely be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. On Saturday he competed in the Olympics, in gymnastics, which seems to place a great emphasis on leg strength. After what he deemed to be a poor performance he broke down crying in an interview with RTE. I think those are the kinds of things are what make the Olympics what it is. Inspiring stories.

I saw an interview with Kieran Behan the other day. I teared up when I heard his story.

He'll get 1st digs on the next pub - which should be towards the ends of this week. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:09 pm

Glas a du wrote:You're going to have to change the name of this pub, I'll get no work done with the trains of thought it's setting in motion...

It is a bit of a mouthful, isn't it? The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London 1347041234

The XXX Olympiad... proudly Sponsored by Fourex - 10,500 athletes stretching the limit of their performance and all that. notworthy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

Morning folks,

Not long till chefs bash, I'm so fricking excited to be getting back down there Yahoo Yahoo
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

Hoog wrote:Morning folks,

Not long till chefs bash, I'm so fricking excited to be getting back down there Yahoo Yahoo
To be fair, Hoogie, the Floc is excited that you are excited RedWine

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

Guess I'll mark this place up, lovely day so far in Cardiff!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

B'stards Sad
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

This is all very helfpul:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19035134

'Mr Romney, speaking during a visit to Jerusalem, said Iran was the most destabilising country in the world.' Know your history, Mitt.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

On way to GP placement in Harrow, which is a pain in the bum to get to, lots of transit this rotation!

Anything interesting happen in the games this morning?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Not long till chefs bash, I'm so fricking excited to bue getting back down there Yahoo Yahoo

And rightly so!!

So am I getting a duck named after me or what??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

PROP - have you had an email from Jammo ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

Romney's such a Holly Wilaboobie
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

Hoog wrote:

Not long till chefs bash, I'm so fricking excited to bue getting back down there Yahoo Yahoo

And rightly so!!

Huey, Duey and Louis - ye can call them anything you like! No agreement reached so far, each has got about 4 different names at the moment

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:45 pm

Are they boy or girl ducks?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

Thomond wrote:Micko, http://orlando.about.com/od/restaurants/tp/irishpubs.htm might be worth a shout

Could get it for you online but are you bringing a laptop or ipad?

I won't be bringing a lapdog and i don't have an iPad, might buy one over there, but won't be buying it JUST to watch GAA Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

CJ,

I saw you said that you were going to watch the road race on.putney bridge on Saturday, you live close to there?? I'm just on the fulham palace road myself
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Are they boy or girl ducks?
2 lassies and 1 lad The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London Duck2

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

Yeah, I live the shepherd's bush part of Hammersmith. What do you do in London, Hoog?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:06 pm

Hoog wrote:

And rightly so!!

Huey, Duey and Louis - ye can call them anything you like! No agreement reached so far, each has got about 4 different names at the moment

So that's a yes then. Grand. never had anything named after me before

I better get to eat the flocker now
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Yeah, I live the shepherd's bush part of Hammersmith. What do you do in London, Hoog?

I work for south west trains buddy. You should join us for pints next time we get together mate, me asbo hound kiwi and others from here get together every now and again for a decent session
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Yeah, I live the shepherd's bush part of Hammersmith. What do you do in London, Hoog?
Mostly loses trains OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:11 pm

He is best known for losing trains picard
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:11 pm

Hoog wrote:
Hoog wrote:

And rightly so!!

So that's a yes then. Grand. never had anything named after me before

Aye, mind it is one of the girl ones OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:12 pm

I'd love to! I've been out of London the last 2 meetups but I'm basically, except a couple of weekends, in the city fr the next year now
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:23 pm

Hoog wrote:So that's a yes then. Grand. never had anything named after me before

Oh yes you have Whistle Want to eat this flocker Wink
http://sweetcornorganicnursery.com/store/products/Hugh's-Tomato-%252d-Heirloom%7B47%7DOpen%252dPollinated.html (Couldn't get the 'Link' facility to work)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

May interest some - RABO
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:31 pm

What's tickling you?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

Hugh's tomato!

Also, BBC newsreaders saying 'Cat Riot' is quite amusing.

EDIT: Oh, so Cat is good enough for the BBC but not for 606v2?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:56 pm

Lads, we're in luck: http://www.albret-tourisme.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=338 - massive wine and food festival going on this weekend Yahoo

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:03 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Lads, we're in luck: http://www.albret-tourisme.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=338 - massive wine and food festival going on this weekend Yahoo

Oooh jaa! Nerac is beautiful too. Grand.

Full gastro meal for 16 eura and a bottle of fine wine for 8. Even more grand.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:20 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Lads, we're in luck: http://www.albret-tourisme.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=338 - massive wine and food festival going on this weekend Yahoo

Brilliant As. Some local Floc for the Hoog and me!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

PenfroPete wrote:
Hoog wrote:So that's a yes then. Grand. never had anything named after me before

Oh yes you have Whistle Want to eat this flocker Wink
http://sweetcornorganicnursery.com/store/products/Hugh's-Tomato-%252d-Heirloom%7B47%7DOpen%252dPollinated.html (Couldn't get the 'Link' facility to work)

Well how about that, immortal infamy and I didn't even know it
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:35 pm

Rava wrote:

Brilliant As. Some local Floc for the Hoog and me!

And the Páte Rav, don't forget the Páte, us Spanish love the Páte
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:12 pm

Whistle
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:40 pm

IRISH sailor Annalise Murphy has made a fantastic start to her quest for Olympic glory by winning the first two races of the Laser Radial class today.

Good girl, keep it up!!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next